Was this supposed to be a good movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BdK0jaLuJL8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

it is a good movie

It was, you're just a fucking millennial faggot

The Extended one sure is.

Is this supposed to be bait? Yes. Yes, it is.

Would you breathe in hotdog water?

no, it was a huge mistake
cameron never made a single good movie anyway

forgot pic

Yes but it would have to have director who's not a peacenik hippie

Insufferable Cameronfag here.
Honestly it was never a good movie, not even after they fixed it, but it's an engaging and highly impressive one.

Name one thing wrong with it. Remember it came before all the things that copied it.

It would have been great if it was Ctulhu lurking in the depths, not some purple alien squids that bring about peace on earth

If only they
>removed the geopolitical shit, it was just a waste of time
>make something evil lurking in the depths that makes the weak willed among the crew go crazy, then have them grow some kind of extensions
>in the end instead of disarming the nuke in the depths he actually arms it

And you have a great movie with unique visuals and action set-pieces.

As it was the movie is laughably bad

Only the epilogue is bad.

It’s a great pleb filter

Leviathan ripoff.

- It's preachy as fuck
- It wants to be a cerebral 2001 underwater movie but can't resist being a blue collar action blockbuster at the same time and it can't make its mind up
- The entire cast goes to extreme lengths to assert that Lindsey is an absolute cunt but she's actually a pretty capable and personable worker from the outset
- The gruelling shoot shows in the actors' chemistry, or lack of it
- The ending is anticlimactic in either version

Other than that, it's a solid effort and an absolutely fucking amazing hydro-engineering endeavour which is unprecedented in filmmaking history.

>removed the geopolitical shit, it was just a waste of time
Yes that was bad.
>make something evil lurking in the depths that makes the weak willed among the crew go crazy, then have them grow some kind of extensions
That's just your edgeboner doing the talking.
>in the end instead of disarming the nuke in the depths he actually arms it
Go back to Emmerich you retard.

As it is, your post is laughably bad.

It's a shittier version of Contact, which in and of itself is kind of a shitty movie too.

I also love Cameron, but it's more of a love/hate thing. The Abyss is one I hate. Useless fucking story, effects that didn't stand the test of time, and a relatively hamfisted moral message to the viewers.

It's like Avatar if Avatar had been stripped of any visual or technological impressiveness to the viewer.

I don't hate the Abyss, I just think it's overrated. Usually among Cameron casuals, they love it for some reason. It's a decent 8.

>Avatar
I wasn't actually as impressed by the visuals as most were, in fact I was even a little disappointed after reading about all the crazy purple tree stuff from the scriptment back in the '90s. The face capture was amazing though, and I do think the movie is emotionally satisfying if derivative. That final act showdown is fucking legendary, up there with ROTJ's as the gold standard of showdowns imo.

I'm confused. Which way does time go again?

>ROTJ
>gold standard of showdowns

>not thinking ROTJ is the best finale to any movie ever

youtube.com/watch?v=BdK0jaLuJL8

fucking pleb

Don't get me wrong, it's a terrific and satisfying conclusion to Luke and Vader but the fight itself isn't a gold standard for showdowns.