Why am I not allowed to like these?

Why am I not allowed to like these?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
youtube.com/watch?v=HdJnoL4KR8g
movie-plot-holes.43160.x6.nabble.com/Star-Wars-Episode-1-the-Phantom-Menace-td422.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You are now

You are allowed to like bad movies. Nobody is stopping you.

CUZ MR. PLINKETT SAID SO.

because there are massive plot holes
because some of those plot holes are obvious if you've watched the orig trig even once
because it attempts to ruin the characters established in the orig trig
because it was the worst possible interpretation of the 'clone wars' they could have possibly gone with
did I mention the plot holes?
there's a lot of them

also, midichlorians

I feel like this list should be longer - I know I'm forgetting a bunch of shit I've repressed

t. autist

Episode III is good.

What plot holes?

You're allowed to like them. Just acknowledge that they're substandard movies as well.

Episode 3 is my favorite of Star Wars movie to date. First 2 are okay, but I find them boring and uninteresting. Nothing really happens in them

the whole concept of a plot hole just appeared out of nowhere, really with multi-film franchises. They really didn't exist before star wars/indy/terminator. nobody cared. And the degree that people care about plot now is kind of sad, film is supposed to be about visuals.

are you serious?

name those supposed plotholes.
one thing tat George cannot be denied is his autism

Gotta say horrible dialogue is the worst of it for me.

dude if you're cant come up with any its no big deal but don't talk like you know shit if you don't.

memes and groupthink

fight back, user. Don't let Generation X shame you.

This. The meme is dead.

This, and the worst part is people use "plot hole" to refer to "thing I didn't understand." Doesn't matter if there's an explanation for it, they scream PLOT HOLE!

Brainlet: the Post

The prequel trilogy had no obvious plotholes. Even if the execution was lacking, the core story made perfect sense.

>Gotta say horrible dialogue is the worst of it for me.
prequels are supposed to mimic epics from the 40s, dialogues make sense when you think about them in that context

I'm just going to let you both google "prequels plot holes"

enjoy

>after three posts you still haven't offered up anything resembling an argument
Talking with some of you retards on Sup Forums is like trying to squeeze water out of a rock.

2 is godawful and its only redeeming factor is the colloseum battle

1 is kinda halfway maybe decent with obiwan and qui gonn, plus podracing and darth maul

3 is great: obi wan, grievous, order 66, the yoda/sheev fight, sheev's master plan(albeit anakins reason for turning was retarded)

2 had Obi-Wan invvestigating too, agree with 1 and 3.

You can like whatever you want.
I like The Room, doesn't make it a good movie.

You should be able to separate what you like from what is good. If you were to list your favourite movies or the list of films you consider to be the best, they shouldn't be identical lists.

Lucas sold to Disney for billions, made a few shit movies, and now Sup Forums is trying to retcon the prequels into being good.

This shit is too precious.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEK

I take that back - start here: youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

after you're done with this series, then you can google the rest of the plot holes
>yes, he does this for all three prequels
>you're welcome

>doesn't see any plot holes in the prequels
are you retarded?

That's five posts now and you haven't even attempted to answer the question. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Because everything in them but the Kenobi/Jinn vs Maul fights are shit.

>I can't defend my position so I'll post a link to somoene eleses opinion I am parroting because I don't have a brain of my own
this site is for people over 18

There's nothing wrong about midichlorians. They detect force sensitivity, Lucas never said that midichlorians "are" the force. Same way neurons firing in our brain doesn't explain consciousness.

Such a tired meme complaint. God forbid there be any science in this science fantasy series.

are you? you were asked to list them multiple times now

>Obi wan vs grievous wasn't rad

youtube.com/watch?v=HdJnoL4KR8g
>that part at the end where Obi-Wan pulls his hand away from Anakin in disgust

because the plot holes in the prequels are too numerous to list here and they're all obvious to anyone who's seen the movie

at this point it's just fun to see you deny it this long

Dude how sad are you? "Let me link something cause I clearly had no idea what I was talking about and didn't expect to get called out"

fuck off idiot.

>There's nothing wrong about midichlorians
um...

no. there's a lot of things wrong about midichlorians

a lot.

Because they're coarse and rough and get everywhere.

>somebody put a ton of work into explaining something to me
>but I don't want to listen
and somehow I'm sad?

>I can't defend my ideas
I figured as much, yeah
Anyway, her's the first list I found on Google:
>Why did technology become less advanced?
Could be a huge variety of reasons so not really a plot hole
>Luke's training is far too quick
and that's a problem with the prequels somehow...? Can't we assume being the son of the chosen one it's easier for him? Plus he actually got trained (and got BTFO even with this training), contrary to Rey
>Why did Obi-Wan aged so badly?
You would age quickly living as an hermit on a shitty planet too
>Why did Obi-Wan hide in plain sight?
Why not? It worked. How is that a plot hole?!
>How could Leia remember her mother?
That's a good one.
>Kenobi doesn't recognize R2
or he doesn't want to talk about it
>to recruit Luke would break the rule of 2
The plan with recruiting Luke was to kill the Emperor with his help though

I probably missed one in the video by skipping time but so far I'm not convinced the plot holes are that bad

>Six posts
>still hasn't named even a single one
In all the time you've wasted typing dumb bullshit you could have at least named one so-called plot hole but nope, you're a moron.

>Star Wars canon has both a character named Darth Bane and one named Cad Bane

Why are writers so lazy?

The basic problem with the prequels is there are three different things going on at once, and none of them play off each other well.

You've got a 30s serial/b-movie aesthetic sensibility.

You've got a mature political drama.

You've got a spectacle driven action movie.

Each part is fairly good on its own, but when you jumble them into one movie, they feel a bit weird.

People hate the romance. I think they hate the romance not because it's particularly bad at what it is trying to be, but because it's cheesy and sentimental which conflicts with the serious and flat politics.

The politics isn't particularly bad either, but it is undermined by the aesthetic, and made dull by the spectacle. It's also a bit underdeveloped because of the time invested in the spectacle.

And the spectacle feels soulless largely because of the excesses of CG film-making.

If you can resolve the three in your mind and come to appreciate each for its own virtues, they're good films. But they don't make it easy to like them.

Unless you're a kid, then you seem to ignore the politics, the spectacle is fun, and the 30s aesthetic is nice because you haven't learned to be cynical and ironic all the time.

>Why did technology become less advanced?

>movies literally are about a decadence and a fall of a great intergalactic state
>hurr why technology was more advanced when the great state still existed and there was no attrition of decades of war
these people are fucking dumb. technology declined after Rome fell as well, thats what happens in a situation like that

Man I wish I could pull you guys out in Star Wars discussions with other people.

Yes. TLJ is so bad the PT is now retroactively good.

TPM and ROTS were always good tho.

that's not even the start

movie-plot-holes.43160.x6.nabble.com/Star-Wars-Episode-1-the-Phantom-Menace-td422.html

different user here but
>Obi-Wan aging 35 years in 20 years.
>Obi-Wan saying Owen wanted Anakin to stay on Tatooine as if they were brothers when really they barely knew each other
>Obi-Wan saying Anakin wanted Luke to have his lightsaber
>Leia remembering her mother's beauty, kindness and sadness even though she died in childbirth
>Obi-Wan saying that Yoda is the Jedi who trained him
>Obi-Wan addressing Vader as "Darth", as if it's his first name and not an honorific
>Obi-Wan referring to Luke as the "last hope" in Empire when he's well aware of Leia
>Force-ghosting is apparently a secret technique that needs to be taught, and Anakin never was

Granted, these ones aren't plot-holes, but are retarded
>Obi-Wan not remembering R2
>Vader not remembering R2 or C3PO
>Luke literally hiding in Vader's mom's place.
>the high ground meaning literally nothing in any other fight besides the Mustafar battle
>Obi-Wan showing literally zero interest in training Leia at any time despite knowing that she's Luke's twin

also, continue watching the redlettermedia series

it explains most of the plot holes but there's still a bunch more

Always nice to see people respect TPM. AotC is the only weak one.

Holy shit, you are really averse to posting anything resembling an actual argument, aren't you?

Probably to make him take up the way without telling him his father became Vader

>calling anakin darth

Probably because he feels the anakin he knew was dead and now only the Vader side remains

>>Obi-Wan saying Anakin wanted Luke to have his lightsaber
Why exactly do you think this is a plot hole?

>>Obi-Wan addressing Vader as "Darth", as if it's his first name and not an honorific
Except he didn't, he said it like someone might say "Commander" or "General."

Desert sun and also who gives a fuck.
>Obi-Wan saying Owen wanted Anakin to stay on Tatooine as if they were brothers when really they barely knew each other
He can have an opinions without knowing the guy well. He probably heard all about him from Shmi, and thought he should have stayed with his mom.
He said he was dead too. Is that a plot hole? He's obviously tactically saying metaphorical shit about Anikan before he became Vader.
>Leia remembering her mother's beauty, kindness and sadness even though she died in childbirth
Legit problem
Yoda trains all the younglings it seems.
>Obi-Wan addressing Vader as "Darth", as if it's his first name and not an honorific
That's dumb. You can call someone "doctor".
>Obi-Wan referring to Luke as the "last hope" in Empire when he's well aware of Leia
He's just sexist.
>Force-ghosting is apparently a secret technique that needs to be taught, and Anakin never was
Legit fuck up

he lived in a cave
Obi-Wan lied a lot when it came to Vaders past
yeah, thats legit, but can be headcanoned into thinking that she remebered it through force or somehing
Yoda trained all younglings
he was being disrespectful, Anakin was dead to him
legit one.
legit one

I like all three of the prequels though the pod race scene is gay as fuck.

It had been said that Anakin learned to become a Force ghost due to the timely assistance of ghost Obi-Wan and/or ghost Yoda. Lucas said as much on the Return of the Jedi DVD commentary:

"This little scene where he burns his father's body, it wasn't originally in the script. But I decided it gave more closure in terms of Luke's relationship to his father, letting go of his father. Even though later on, as we get to the end of the movie, as he joins the Force, he was able to retain his original identity, it's because of Obi-Wan and Yoda, who learned how to do that: how to join the Force at will and then retain your identity. But it was his identity as he was when he died as Anakin Skywalker."

In Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays, the act is attributed in ROTJ's rough draft to Yoda specifically:

In the rough draft… Ben explains that… if "Vader becomes one with the dark side of the Force, he will lose all identity. If he turns to the good side, he will pass through the Netherworld" and in the revised rough draft, Yoda "will rescue him before he becomes one with the Force."

Since TFA you are not allowed to like any of the previous films. Not even the original trilogy.

Okay, fair. Reasonable discussion.

I think my attachment to the Owen plot-hole (for the sake of argument) is that before the prequels I had always believed Owen to be Anakin's brother. That's just what I inferred from the original film, that Obi-Wan had asked Anakin to come save the galaxy, just like Luke, and Owen had begged Anakin to stay on the farm with him. I guess I can appreciate that this is probably my issue and not actually a plot-hole.

Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith are 'okay', ROTS being kinda boring in the middle.

But you can't tell me The Last Jedi is the worst one in the franchise as long as Attack of the Clones is still around.

Darth is not a name, it's a title. There's a shitload of Darths.

No it's not.

Yes it is.

If your standard is at Dragon Ball GT level maybe.

You're both right. Now kiss.

Like what

RoTS only needs a few changes and it would be a GOAT movie.
>the Padme nightmares are stupid and unnecessary. Anakins fall should be gradual and subverted like in the Clone Wars series
>Plagueis legend told to Anakin either after or leading up to the reveal
>Grievous should be a threat and not die like a bitch. Bring back the old cartoon characterization
>Yoda and Sheev don't use lightsabers
>end duel is shorter and less ridiculous
>Padme dies from injuries sustained by choking, none of that will to live shit
>no NOOOOOO

why they are that close to sniff his burning corpse?

>randomly brings up anime in a discussion of fine cinema
Weebs were a mistake.

No reason, anymore, they are head and fucking shoulders above the last two starwars movies.

like the fact that both obi wan and yoda explain the force in the orig trig and it has nothing to do with your genetics - it's a mystical energy that is part of everything, even rocks, and to control it you need focus and probably a lot of training

>wHY diDSN't ThE CHraca ter thiNK of EveryRThing?
no u.

Wew. I have heard about Sup Forums being bad and I wanted to check it out

> 3 starwars threads

Its living up to what I imagined

it should come as no surprise that they didn't revisit this idea even once in the following two films

Should have shown up a week ago. It was more like 3 non-starwars threads then.

and c'mon, that's totally something you could have googled for yourself

Only 3? That's far less than usual. What the fuck is going on?

>SW prequels
>fine cinema

I like all three of the prequels though the pod race scene is fucking great.

FTFY

Good post. I grew up with the prequels and never really caught much of the faults until later. I will always have a soft spot for them.

The Prequels are bad, but only because the pod-race is so transcendentally amazing that anything in comparison becomes worthless.

FTFY

Gonna use this one, thanks.

>All these posts and his eventual argument just turns out to be
Lucas level pottery

They're fun kids movies.
APOLOGIZE

>that part during the podrace scene where the alien creature farts loudly
>instead of recognizing a fart by its sound Jar Jar turns towards the noise and inhales deeply

Explain this plot hole.

Yea, but it is implied that Luke has potential as a Jedi because of his father. And he's their only hope, and his sister had the force, again, implying that it's genetic.

Nobody ever asks Admiral Akbar if he wants to become a Jedi.

I don't see what the hate is for. Yeah, Tatooine was a drag and kid Anakin sucks, but the parts with Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Maul were great. Also has some of the best music in the series and the GOAT final duel.

Jar-Jar is an idiot. There, explained.

He has aquatic ears. They aren't reliable in the air. He's gotta use his eyes and nose to be sure.

It's in one of the eu novels, read more brainlet.

They've been named over and over for years now. We don't need to waste any more keystrokes describing them. The term "plotholes" should suffice.

>Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

This is what you're doing. You've been pressed too closely, so you abruptly fell silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

>Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

Read that quote and the read it again, applying what it is saying to itself. Projection at its finest.

Listen, cocksucker. I'm the one trying to hold a discussion here and you're the one saying "No there's no point having a discussion, nobody is allowed to talk about anything ever because someone else discussed it once, JUST LET ME WIN!"

Lol, you got me.

But I submit to you that whoever cheekily asks for a list of plotholes is also acting in bad faith, like they've never heard them before.

You're right it really doesn't make sense that Obi-Wan wouldn't approach Leia except that her cover as a Princess was so good nobody could sniff her out, not even Vader, and he might have been able to if she was awakened to the Force.

the fact the only part of 2 people seem to defend is the horrendously ugly battle at the end tells me it's the worst movie of all

No me.
I'm on your side (I think). Just that quote is fucking dumb. Attacking people for baseless arguments and world play without any real argument and a bunch of world play.
That's what you get from literally cuckolded Commies I guess.