Opinions?

Opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5zg_af9b8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

terrible

Was just a worse Die Hard with none of the meme fun of Die Hard 3. Crap.

comfy

It is comfy, but when compared to the fantastic original, it is incredibly clumsy. The story setup is pretty weak and starts pretty much right away with little build-up. It's full of awkward edits and action scene setups and the cinematography of Oliver Wood isn't very classy when compared to Jan De Bont. Also the characters feel a lot meaner and nasty than in the original - yes, even McClane with his "fat fucks" and overall shitty attitude.

You can tell that this was a quick cash grab production and Renny Harlin, already not a very good director, was essentially making two movies at the same time (Ford Fairlane being the other one). Not to mention the fact that you can clearly see that Willis was in his "fuck yeah, I'm a superstar" attitude during this with his "cool as fuck" mannerisms and the use of a lot of stuntmen even in the simplest of fights. McClane already feels like a caricature of himself.

But like I said, still comfy.

Music is good though, but that's Michael Kamen and mostly recycled themes and of course Finlandia by Sibelius.

harlinkino

This really. It's cheesy fun but not as good as 1 or 2. I personally rank them as
>10/10
Die Hard
>9/10
Die Hard 3
>8/10
Die Hard 2 & 4
>3/10
Die Hard 5
I'm not sure if the tune that plays when all the planes are landing is that song you mentioned because that's the part of DH2s score which sticks with me

1. 9/10 Die Hard (McTiernan, 1988)
2. 7/10 Die Hard with a Vengeance (McTiernan, 1995)
3. 6/10 Die Hard 4.0 (Wiseman, 2007)
4. 5/10 Die Hard 2 (Harlin, 1990)
5. 4/10 A Good Day to Die Hard (Moore, 2013)

Good assesment. Imagine i would of hated it had i seen the first when it came out then this appears, as it is i accept its flaws and regard it as the last decent one.

This guy's rating is also good.

>I'm not sure if the tune that plays when all the planes are landing is that song you mentioned because that's the part of DH2s score which sticks with me

That's the one. It's not as well integrated into the actual score as was the Ode To Joy in the first one. There is a small bit of it playing during the scene where they close the circuits and take control of the traffic control in the church, I think, but that's about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=F5zg_af9b8c

Well, probably Harlin's best movie along side with Cliffhanger to be honest. And that's not saying much.

Yeah, fourth and fifth make it really look like a classic.

>FAX MACHINES ARE NEW the future is great

Progress still peaked with frozen pizza.

My personal favorite of the series. I will also forever love Renny Harlin for his Nightmare 4/Ford Fairlane/Die Hard 2 trilogy of high quality fuckery!!!FACT!!!

Nightmare 4 was pretty bad and Ford had some enjoyable qualities, as far as I recall.

Based Renny Harlin soon coasting for the fourth decade as the guy who made the Die Hard that wasn't very good.

bes chrismas mobie

Um... how about Len Wiseman, who made the most boring Die Hard ever with chronically depressed Willis? How about that John Moore, who made that piece of shit Good Day To Die Hard?

Yeah, Harlin isn't that bad in comparison.

It isn't really. The first one can be because it is very very well made, it integrates the Christmas feel more within the score, set decoration etc., so I can understand the "It's a Christmas movie" buzz, but this second one... like I already mentioned... is just mean and nasty as fuck.

Harlin sucks but it at least feels like a classic Joel silver production and is a decent if soulless copy of the original. 4 and 5 are fucking abortions with zero redeeming value

DH4 is a lot better than people give it credit for and a lot better than it should've been considering the 12 year gap the use of cgi the loss of Kamen the pg-13 rating and being directed by Len Wiseman. Even Bruce Willis' lazy performance fits with the fact that his character has been awake for like 48 hours by the end of the movie. It's a masterpiece compared to 5.

I think he's saying that Renny Harlin's new movies still say "From the director of Cliffhanger and Die Hard 2" 27 years later.

pleb filter
don't know why people love the first one so much when the second, the third and the fourth one are better films

Harlin SHOULD be forever known as the guy who directed the masterpiece that is Deep Blue Sea.

DH>DHV>DH2

there are no other die hard movies. It's the weakest of the trilogy but that's not a bad thing it's still full of action and has some fucking awesome scenes like pic related.

This thread has a lot of weak bait