Slow as shit

>slow as shit
>no shields or heavy armor despite it carrying 1000 bombs
>need to use a fucking ladder to go from one end of the ship to the other
>can only "drop" directly below the ship
>have to look out of the massive hole at the bottom of the ship to aim the bombs
What was wrong with tried-and-tested Y-Wings exactly?

They already sold enough toys of Y-wings, they need the kids to buy new toys

they were bombers

tie bombers were equally as shit

They were trying to capture the aesthetics of the original Star Wars. The original Star Wars were trying to replicate the feel of World War 2. By trying to emulate an emulation they just ended up looking stupid.

>they need the kids to buy new toys
Those bombers make pretty shitty toys though. Any toys that can't stay right side up when you place them on a bed, etc. is a bad toy. Those bombers would just fall flat on their side.You'd have to use stands to keep them propped up and that breaks immersion.

Now see pic related. This is a better toy.

TIE Bombers could fly faster than those things.

>make a big slow piece of shit to bomb that gets murdered easily
>could have just militarised the yt1300 (millennium falcon) design, since it has cargo bays that could be used for lots of bombs
>also a fast ship with decent shields, and good antifighter defenses
>fans sperg because all teh falcons!

>No B-Wings

BRAVO VINCE

looks like Slave I's retarded brother

>9 hull
>3 shields
>still fragile

>Those bombers make pretty shitty toys though. Any toys that can't stay right side up when you place them on a bed, etc. is a bad toy. Those bombers would just fall flat on their side.You'd have to use stands to keep them propped up and that breaks immersion.
muh nigga

Now this is a guy that actually played with toys when young. He knows his shit.

Y-Yes. When young...

Its ok, Im now wishing my cousin gets lego star wars sets for christmas so I can "help" him building it

exactly

That one had many upgrades before it was owned by Han

Y-Wings were on the way out by the time Return of the Jedi happened. The only reason they still used them was because they were cheap and avaliable.

B-Wings were the new sexy beast. They were routinely destroying Star Destroyers and taking on Super Star Destroyers.

But then the Nu - Rebellion replaced these sexy beasts with literal trash compactors.

b-wings look like shit too

Merry Christmas, user! I know how you like spaceships, so I got you this!

Rebels already made them available way beforw
Fuck nuwars

"...killl meeeee......"

not only that but they move sluggishly slow. who wants to play with a space ship that moves at 12 mph

That astrodroid lmao

How are bombs being "dropped" in outer space anyway ?

Is this a Star Wars spaceship thread?

Why exactly do you need bombs when you can hyperspeed ram a ship into anything, producing an uniterceptible weapon with enormous destructive power?

Probably some sort of system only described in the companion picture books for the movie.

Well you wouldn't use a nuke on a hostage scenario would you?

>The only reason they still used them was because they were cheap and avaliable.

But isn't that the exact reason why the Resistance is still using old ships like T-70 X-WIngs? Y-Wings at least seem to be more effective at their job than the new bombers. You didn't need to sacrifice 29 Y-Wings just to get one to make it to the target.

Star Wars magic. I guess they could explain it with some crap like the bombs are magnetised to drop onto the Dreadnought or something, but honestly it's just because they wanted to do WW2 bombers in space.

I took the hyperspace ramming tactic to be a last minute desperate attempt to at least distract the FO from the escape crafts. I don't think it's a standard technique that has been proven to work reliably. Holdo was probably trying whatever she could with what she had.

>artificial gravity that doesn't help bombs dropping but has it's only working crew fall from her post

>"help"
I know what normal person means with help but since we're on Sup Forums I'm a "little" bit concerned

The Y-Wings are old clone ships that were salvaged from an Empire scrapyard

Elite pls go

Disney wanted ships that looked exactly like the ones in the OT, but just a little different so that they can sell brand new toys. There is no artistic or scientific element in these ships.

Move outta my way bitches, best ship coming through

The lack of scale in Star Wars bothers me. This is supposed to be a conflict on a galactic scale. Galaxies are fuckin huge. The most the Resistance can scrounge up is thirty bombers and a few dozen fighters? The USA alone fielded over 300,000 aircraft in WW2. One country of one planet produced 3000 times more over a six year conflict than a galaxy-wide organised resistance movement that has been fighting a war for decades.

Do you guys realize that Star Wars is a fantasy movie, and not a document of an actual war?

>Any toy that can't stay right side up when you place them on a bed, etc. is a bad toy.

ayyo hol up

>I don't think it's a standard technique that has been proven to work reliably

I absolutely refuse to believe that hyperspace technology has existed for hundreds of years and nobody ever figured out what happens if something using a hyperspace engine runs into something else. Even if it's just by complete accident, seeing it in action would tell you what kind of potential exists for a weapon harnessing the same technology.

>But isn't that the exact reason why the Resistance is still using old ships like T-70 X-WIngs?

They're using T-85's, the newest generation of X-Wings.

Y-Wings couldn't carry as many bombs.

Also the Y-Wing was old as shit even around ANH.

Chad is here.

>established in canon in rebels that B-wings were THE thing for anti-capital ship warfare: fighter-bombers with big enough a payload to destroy a star destroyer, a second gunner in a ball turret AND one third the size of whatever bullshit we have in TLJ, zipping around like X and Y wings
>the rebels clearly have a lot of them in ROTJ
>nah let's have these tin fridges go and drop some dumb bombs lol
what the fuck were they thinking?
were they even thinking?
are they capable of thinking?

Ya shouldn't the crews be floating wtf

I'm sure they still had some left over from the Rebellion, right? A squadron of them would have done more for the Resistance than 30 of those bombers.

Even without considering in-canon reasons (since Disney can make up whatever they want), I'm surprised they chose to leave out the Y-Wing from the new trilogy. They don't have any problems with nostalgia pandering with all the X-Wings, A-Wings and TIE Fighters, so why not just slightly change the Y-Wing design, slap a new model number on it and put it in the movie?

Yeah, the sense of scale of the conflict in the new trilogy is completely messed up. I have no idea what the actual size of each side's fleet is. But that frees them up to make up whatever crap they want as long as it fits with their story.

You're right in that regard, it doesn't make sense when you consider how long the technology has existed. It was a cool moment in the film visually, but it opens up a whole heap of questions that I don't think Disney cares enough to answer.

I thought only the New Republic fleet uses T-85s? The Resistance only got all the old unwanted models hence T-70s?

It's like someone put R2, a TIE interceptor, and a Y-wing in a teleporter and this is the abomination the came out on the other end

If you actually played with toys you would know that it doesn't matter if it doesn't stay upright when you are playing.

99% of playing with toys is using your imagination.

>I thought only the New Republic fleet uses T-85s?

The Resistance uses T-85's in TFA.

That's not a ball turret, look at the B-wing again.
But yeah, it's kind of stupid not to use them when the situation calls for it.

Rian is a hack.

>Of all the hundreds of Tie variants good and bad they chose this silly one to keep canon

waddup bitches

Something that just came to my mind. If this is the last of the rebel fleet why wouldn't the FO call in every single ship they could to surround them with like 50 star destroyers? Even if the rebels jumped you could track them and have new ships jump in to surround them again. It's not like that was the only fleet the FO had.

Best ship.

A-wing is my shipfu

What's wrong with toying kids for a little bit.

They should have gone with the Tie Advanced from the Tie Fighter game. That one actually looks like a refined mass production version of Vader's ship.

People have already bought their toys and models of the B-Wing and I guess even Disney didn't want to push a recolored Nu-Wing like they did with the other fighter. Also, b-wings only happens in the last original movie, so they couldn't make a comeback before episode 9

Patrician taste, user.

honestly nice design, was in line with the WW2 style of the OT

Why was I programmed to feel pain?

for the last time disney, you don't send fucking strategic bombers against moving targets, you numskulls

Really? I must have completely missed it.

Is it bad that I kinda dig this monstrosity?

This is more aesthetic desu

I don’t know what those other guys are on, but this is the sexiest ship

Nah that's too chibi and overweighted m8

why didnt they just launch the bombs?

Exactly
>We took out A dreadnaught!
Implying there are more of them out there, and yet the first order decided they only needed one.

You are an user of refined taste.

>the GAR will never return

Fuck the nu-republic.

How the fuck would you even get into that thing?

Such a waste of clones; needing 3 crew to operate that

>guys, what if we made an x-wing
>WITH MORE WINGS

Clearly there's a hatch at the top

The B-wings were converted into Resistance shuttles.

CIS trash needs not to voice their garbage opinions.

Stuka was basically the same thing.

What's with the double bridge section and wouldn't it be a pain to get from one side to the other?

Lame. B-Wings only have a few seconds of screentime and they decided to convert them into transports?

His and Hers sections

The dos version looks better

>that tie fighter
THICC

post rare TIEs

a lot of dive bombers of WW2 had 2 man crews, one in front and one behind facing the other way with a defensive turret. Your argument isn't wrong exactly but this idea isn't totally foreign.

Doesn't the Stuka only need 2 crew? ARC-170 needed 3.

Is that real?
Astromech looks comfy as fuck

That just uses the cockpit part, doesn't it? Either way, what a complete waste of a versatile attack ship.

Guess what, the Resistance bombers need at least the same amount of crew and were only good for getting blown up. The ARC-170 with its clone pilots get shit done.

how do tie fighters land without wrecking the wings?

but can be held as a pistole

They are all non-canon now

Oh god it hurts to live

There were two variations of the Stuka.
One had a three man crew and one had a two man crew.
Was the ARC-170 just a fighter though?

It's clearly reminiscent of the Avenger torpedo bomber.

BEST SHIP EVER

only the good ones

I saw a YT-2400 in the Special Edition of A New Hope. Does this mean the Outrider is canon? Dash Rendar is canon?

>it's a sideways box
Wow, I wonder if ditching all the LucasFilm creative people was the right choice?