What did the Empire do that was evil, exactly? Why are they the villains?

What did the Empire do that was evil, exactly? Why are they the villains?

The Jedi/rebels are a group of religious zealots who have waged a space jihad vs a democratically elected emperor, even ending in his assassination, they tolerate no religions but their own, executing summarily those who do not follow their ways, they reject emotion as if it is not a fundamental human characteristic. Lets not even get started on the literal space 9/11's they've committed on both the death stars and the fleet in TLJ.

Millions and millions dead, for what, exactly?

The empire kept the peace, the jedi tear it to shreds.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a7NVb0OCD5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vader killed kids.

collateral damage. It is the Jedi who were training child soldiers and indoctrinating them into their bizarre religion.

so did George Bush

>OPRRESS FAGGOTS, KILL ALL THOSE AGAINST THE EMPIRE

>BE A FREE AND OPEN REPUBLIC, WITH A JEDI SPACE DETECTIVES, INFILTRATE IT AND REALIZE THAT IT POINTLESS TO WAGE SIMPLE WARS,AND ATTACK FAGS, REALIZE THE FAT CAT POLITICALS IS HOW YOU GET POWER, INFILTRATE THE POLITICAL SPHERE USE THE FORCE TO GET YOUR WAY,

Mandalorians should have won. The entire galaxy is cucked

The US killed child soldier in Iraq and Afghanistan too.

>US invasion of Iraq
>not evil
This is now a Y2K US politics thread.

>Mandos would have continued to breed the toughest and most capable army in the galaxy
>no rebel scum would have been able to stop their order and expansion of influence
Only redeeming thing is that they were stopped by best boy, Revan

>Sadam wasn't one of the most evil men in the last century.

It wasn't perfect by any means, but the act of removing him from power was in no way evil. He butchered the iraqi people.

A nice exercise with movies is to make note of what is deliberately not depicted. The Death Star, for example, functions as a massive prison with thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of individual cells, and is equipped with torturer droids. Why? And who built the Death Star? Where did the materials for it come from? Why did the Empire even need a weapon capable of blowing up planets, the rebels could've eventually been defeated with a conventional military force.

This assumes that prisons and torture are inherently evil. I would say that if torturing one poor bastard to save the lives of potentially thousands or even millions is not evil.

They neeeded such a devastating weapon for the same reason that we need nuclear weapons today, deterrence. No body is going to get too out of hand when there are weapons of that scale available, it was a peace keeping tool. Aldaran just happened to be Hiroshima, they had to prove that it worked, and that they were willing to use it on an enemy planet.

>America blockades Iraq, starving the citizens, preventing them from getting medicine
>America bombs sewage facilities, spreading disease among the people
>America bombs schools, hospitals, other infrastructure, again, damaging the people
>Radiates large cities with Depleted Uranium rounds, causing cancer and genetic damage to locals (and US soldiers alike)
>Bombs many, many civilians
>Kidnaps and tortures people who resist
>End up creating ISIS and letting them control large parts of the power vacuum

I'd prefer the literal devil than an American occupation

>but the act of removing him from power was in no way evil.
>the US military destroys critical infrastructure, leaving millions of iraqis (the same people oppressed by Saddam's regime) without water, electricity or telecommunications
>The US occupation starts off by firing half a million people in the public sector and forcing the Iraq state to privatise state companies and sell off assets
>american companies are given priority in the effort to rebuild Baghdad, but they do the shittiest job possible and concentrate on the zones where all the foreigners live
>the occupation ignores local elections and places their own favorites in charge
>the locals protest, at which point americans revive Saddam's practices of dragging people to secret torture prisons
"Not evil". But hey, at least Saddam's gone!

>Saddam
>evil
I suppose you think Gaddafi was evil as well

Oh nevermind, you're a sincere fascist.

You are trolling or hilariously misinformed if you don't believe that Saddam was incredibly evil, and did incredibly evil things to the people of Iraq.

>democratically elected emperor
>democratic
>emperor

Who /SHEEV/ here ?

Both were bad.

Jedi=Religion
Empire=North Korea

He was a necessary dictator
The greentexts above clearly demonstrate how much worse things were after the multiple wars, embargos, bombings, and "liberations"

Oh yes, CNN education.

>blow up a planet
>lol da empire dindu nuffin

Saddam was a pure american creation

You're located on "mount stupid." Go to /sg/ and ask about the actual situation in Iraq thru the last century.

CNN is unironically one of the most reliable news sources.

Kuwaitis had it coming prove me wrong

They
blew
up
an
entire
planet
just
for
shits
and
giggles.

What part of that do you not understand?

okay, you were just trolling.
you got me to respond a couple times, good work

>it was just for shits and giggles

are you fucking retarded?

Ald*raani fucks out

it was a demonstration of the power of the batte station you imbicile

>its a trump babby cant handle the facts episode

either you quoted the wrong person or you're an actual retart

one planet in a fucking galaxy with billions of them
that's literally less than nuking hiroshima

>it's okay to murder one guy to test out my new weapon if there are four thousand billion humans

Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battlestation!

>murder
>what was done to alderaan was unlawful

yes
think about how many lives were saved through the fear of the deathstar
if J*di shits hadnt blown it up there would have been eternal peace in the galaxy

ok?
maybe not
justifiable?
americans had no problem justifying it, and they were seen as global paragons for decades after

kids that were being weaponized

this guy would have no problem with drone strikes on suicide bomber training schools

would anyone?

Typical brainwashed americuck.
Your meddling with the middle east just to enrich the Saudis and appease your banker masters ended up fucking up everyone up. We got redugee crisis thanks to you.

So you're saying that the rebels killed thousands of innocent prisoners?

the point is that bombing ISIS child soldiers and killing the younglings are literally the same thing

The blew up a peaceful planet

>Democratically elected
He started a war so he could get emergency powers that let him stay in office well past the end of his term, then suddenly decided that he's the emperor. Do you have proof of democratic elections for emperor actually taking place or are you just making up shit to make yourself feel better about oiling there villains?

>Jedi train child soldiers
>Meanwhile the empire literally kidnaps children in order to train them as Stormtroopers

They litterally genocided one planet (Alderaan). Of course they are evil.

The better question is, why did Sheev even become Emperor? He didn't fucking do shit other than sit around on his throne all day. He didn't even have a harem of horny twi'leks. His entire reign was pointless.

That's already been addressed you fucking mongoloid.

In deleted scene Biggs says that Empire going to nationalize farms

Empire=Soviet union

youtube.com/watch?v=a7NVb0OCD5g

And Geonosis

Kids that were stolen from birth to be raised for an unjust selfish cause kys

Sheev did absolutely nothing wrong ever

whaat?

if the Empire was so bad, why did 90% of the galaxy join the first Order in the month or so between the beginning of TFA and the end of TLJ?

The Empire lost two star destroyers, some bigger star ships, an uncountable amount of little ships, and million robots and lifes. Who the fuck would join them, who is financing all this?

>(((who is financing this?)))

Gee I wonder

So...the rebels killed their own people? Empire's prisoners would be rebel supporters.
also watch the fucking movies you talk about. Literally explicitly said the Death Star was to cause fear and make them give up fighting, it was never meant to be used to blow up rebel planets, Tarkin was just an asshole and he did it anyway, ignoring The Emperor's orders.

I thought that Empire was bad because people were forced to live in shitholes like Luke on Tatooine while Empire spend all resources on their military technology
But from prequels we know that it was always like this
Nothing changed

uh uh uh HOPE... I REBEL.. RESIST! WE ARE PIZZA THAT WILL CAUSE THE HEARTBURN WHICH WILL MAKE THE FIRST ORDER TO SIT DOWN! vrrrm vrrrm I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOVE!

>Why did the Empire even need a weapon capable of blowing up planets
Why does the US even need nukes?

Would you fuck off with your contrarian bullshit?

>this wasn't coming from the rebel point of view

You are literally retarted

from my point of view the rebels are evil

They were resisting way before the death star was even completed you ameripleb.
Don't kick a dog and then complain the dog bite you up.

But mate. They could just hyperspace ram the planet with a cruiser ;)))) no need for the death start

That was Tarkin. Tarkin's actions aren't indicative of the entire Empire.

I like to think that the empire is more civilized than that, and wouldn't resort to roleplaying as Mohamed Atta

>then suddenly decided that he's the emperor
It wasn't suddenly.
And yes, he was voted democratically. Jar Jar literally voted for him.

no that was the first order

But why are they evil?

>Jar Jar literally voted for him.
What was this a metaphor for?

Who ordered a planet killer, you retard?

All memes aside, they could just use a separatist droid ship to do it. This fucking plot hole is too big for memes

You telling me you wouldn't kill a paki kid running around the desert right now? Because I definitely would

It's simple. They're entirely a White race's organisation, so of course the worthless shitskins and animals would call them evil, when all of kinds of advancement has been solely done by the White race alone.

As a deterrent. You know, like our own nuclear weapons?

It doesn't matter what I say, you'll respond with "Actually, this atrocity was complete justified, because..." and try to twist it into the Rebels being evil, despite the Empire never once being shown in positive light in the movies, and the conflict being absolutely morally unambigious.

There are also brainlets like this fag right here, who treat movies like in-universe propaganda () - their fan-fiction version of the Empire is an absolutely moral fascist state that never did anything wrong, you see

who plunged the galaxy into literal decades of war?

Democracy is a mistake, it allows the opinions of literal single digit beings like Jar Jar to be considered reasonable just because he is a member of the republic.

he did it so the dark side could triumph
his entire purpose wasn't material

The Emperor, when he started playing war with his puppets in order to propel himself into a position of power.

>They're entirely a White race's organisation
If it wasn't for the Jedi, they would be entirely a Mexican organization, all Jangos

I was hoping TLJ would actually go this route.

"Fuck the old way of doing things, fuck empire vs jedi, let's start anew". I was hoping that Rey and Kylo would just start something new and push forward a better path for the galaxy. Would have made a lot of sense. The Empire WERE evil but the Jedi were also dumb religious lunatics.

Literally war has been happening forever in the galaxy

>, despite the Empire never once being shown in positive light in the movies

>every Empire scene shows Order
>every Rebel scene shows Chaos

You're just an anarchist loving cuck.

>They're entirely a White race's organisation

Actually they're not, that's just what the SJW faggot said at Disney to make people hate them more

Palpatine single-handedly brought peace to the galaxy for years, and was going to be able to defeat the yuuzhan vong

They just ignored it, because they cant face the truth

Star wars makes no sense at all

Why the fuck did he do all this. What did Sheev want

after becoming emperor he just delegated power and sat on the throne room. Not embracing hedonism or anything

Just there in the dark talking to that fucking burnt monster he created

The Emperor.

>ONCE MORE THE SITH SHALL RULE THE GALAXY
I dunno, user, his motives do seem pretty unclear.

Yeah, great job there. Blew up a planet as soon as it was built. Is the Empire evil or incompetent?

>with his puppets in order to propel himself into a position of power.
his "puppets" were the Jedi order, the ones that actually kickstarted The Clone Wars because ever since they saw Darth Maul they have been driven by the desire to defeat the "Sith Lord"

>starts intergalactic civil war
> single-handedly brought peace to the galaxy for years

lmao

The rebellion did not consent to be governed.
it was literally lets punch le nazi in le face

A deterrent doesn't work if nobody knows what the fuck it can do you moran