Will Star Lord ever return or are we just stuck with Meme Lord forever?

Will Star Lord ever return or are we just stuck with Meme Lord forever?

Did you miss the arc where Blastaar forced him to infiltrate the Negative Zone prison naked and then had his minions poop in his helmet while he was away?

If what we read today is anything to go by, we're stuck with the worst Star-Lord version of all

Hint, it's not Bendis'

meme lord for eva

I wonder why they didn't use this design for star Lords helmet in the movie it looks so fucking cool

Allegedly, they didn't want audiences thinking that he was a robot.

At this point I think we've had more issues with meme lord than star lord.

Too difficult to remove so the actor can mug for the camera.

Concept art from Vol. 2.

Why did they even bother with this when they just wore the same shit from the first movie since it took place soon after Vol. 1?

Even Starlin has succumbed to the MemeCU. I'm sorry OP.

>implying they will bring back this Space Nazi shit

>are we just stuck with Meme Lord forever?

I miss Gay Lord

why did you post a picture of aquaman?

Because Kris Anka is trying to drown me with that artwork.

This

He'll probably use this in Vol. 3 and maybe we'll see the full helmet in the next Avengers, since Ego broke the other one

WHEN?

Maybe Vol.3 or Infinity War, since Ego broke Quill's helmet.

fuckkkk a DNA adaption would have been so GREAT

Gunn kinda ruined Guardians

>a DNA adaption would have been so GREAT
YES, but Gunn's GotG is the best version since DnA's

yeah but comics Guardians has been made worse since then

Looks like Cap's costume

And I'm glad I don't read them anymore

STAR-PATRIOT

Remember when Star Lord was a no shits taking mother fucker who took on a herald of Galactus and won, then was second in command of the intergalactic army that fought the entire Negative Zone?

>Infinity War
It's not confirmed or anything but Pratt on set for IW has just been wearing his regular duds, with no helmet or mask.
And isn't IW supposed to be set quite some time after the events of both GotG movies?
It could just be them not wanting to reveal anything so early but I won't get my hopes up for such a drastic costume change.

Oh yeah I forgout about that. The movie is supposed to be like 4 years after Vol.2, so if Quill is still using the same outfin then I doubt we'll see the original helmet.
Vol.3 it is then.

Looks like that dude from Overwatch.

Help me out Sup Forums

Does it look like Quill is back to wearing his Ravagers uniform from Vol. 1 (all red) or is it just the regular red jacket + black pants combo?

Nvm I'm autistic, it's just his brown pants from Vol. 2

Not sure if it's the lighting, but the boots look darker on the set photos for Infinity War. I doubt we will be getting new costume changes for Guardians. Whoever did costumes for Gunn's movies seems like a better bet for designs in the future. Infinity War looks like it's just towing whatever was in the other movies.

>Whoever did costumes for Gunn's movies seems like a better bet for designs in the future.
This outfit Gamora wore for a bit in Vol. 2 was pretty shite 2bh. Not digging the raggedy white undershirt or whatever that white rag is. The black top looks like it was stapled together or something.

Probably after vol. 3 and someone else takes over that wants to take Peter into that direction.

Pratt said he sees himself being Star-Lord beyond the GotG trilogy and it would be pretty pathetic if he reaches his 40's and still acts like a manchild.

If you pay attention everything is building up to him covering his hair with the helmet.

They completely removed her "warrior woman" vibe on that design I agree.

I don't get why she doesn't wear a variation of the standard uniform in some way, it was like that at the end of Vol 1 too, when they all went with blue instead of Ravagar red.

she need bigger boobs

The GotG costumes are honestly the blandest ones in the MCU. Who's in charge of choosing the costumes, the directors?

Usually I really love the suits in these movies (Iron Man, Cap sans Avengers costume, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther etc), but the GotG ones are so damn uninspired. It's even worse when you see the concept art and all the costumes look so much better.

>hes a tits guy

He might get a new one in Infinity War since it's a 4 year timeskip and his old mask got busted.

That is absolutely retarded.

desu if they just stuck with the Ravagers uniform and changed it to blue it'd look a lot cooler
or fuck it and just keep it red, it'd be a neat way of honouring Yondu and tie in to all the Ravager lore with the OG Guardians and Peter's MCU backstory.

In Vol.2 you have Drax and Rocket wearing the blue duds from the ending of Vol.1. Peter's wearing the same stuff, while Gamora is wearing 2 completely different outfits in and another brown one. There's no real unity to their costumes which they should really have by now, they're embracing the mantle of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' so they should dress a little more coordinated. I just want them to wear matching costumes.

Well in the movies he is slowly becoming more like pre-Bendis Star-Lord, especially after Yondu's death.

Plus His mask broke during the battle with Ego, so that could be a chance to bring in the classic helmet.

>he doesn't like tits
You gay or somethin

>Gunn kinda ruined Guardians
Hell no, he saved them and made them popular. Now people like the Guardians more than the Avenegers

dont bother. comic fags are salty about comic writers writing them badly after the movies

comic fags would rather they never were written again than be written badly

>Gunn's GotG is the best version since DnA's

Despite Bendis GotG in the comics, the fact that Marvel Studios and Gunn managed to make the Guardians of the Galaxy such a popular property is so bewildering. If you had asked me before the movie was actually announced that there would be a movie about these characters I would have said no fucking chance. Now kids all over the world know Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, etc. That's pretty amazing.
If the movie didn't become a thing the GotG would have remained disbanded in the comics and forgotten forever by writers. You can argue that that may have been better than Bendis writing them but the movie really saved the property.

>trying too hard

zero arguments

>the movie really saved the property.
No it didn't. It turned it into reddit tier trash. Only mousefags will defend this.

Says the shill.

zero

arguments

comicfag

>No it didn't. It turned it into reddit tier trash. Only mousefags will defend this.
Yeah you hang onto your ~25 issues or so of DnA GotG where most of them were event tie-ins. It really thrived. That's the only reason why the Guardians are now one of the most popular superhero teams worldwide.

>I've never read GotG but I know it was shit and the MCU saved it
Marvel's current audience, ladies and gentlemen.

>still can't post an argument

>arguments don't exist because they invade my safe space
LOL! PWNED!

Nigga I read all of the DnA stuff before the movie was even announced. That's why I was beyond shocked when they announced they were making a live-action adaption on something that was so niche and fairly unknown. The MCU saved GotG. Deal with it.

>has zero arguments

go back to jacking off to a couple old comic books for the rest of your life you fucking faggot

>The MCU saved GotG
Before the movie they couldn't sell but at least their stories were enjoyable.

Now they can't sell and the stories are shit. How is this "saving"?

>posts macros
>accuses others of having zero arguments
Nice butthurt, "fan."

Suuure.

>trying to reason with Sup Forums casuals
>ever

Op, if you can't separate yourself from Sup Forums enough to write one fucking sentence without using the word "meme" you should just go back there and never return.

these stupid fucking mongoloid movies are for Sup Forums reddditors

>implying GotG isn't all about memes

looks like some SS inquisitor, I like it :^)

>it would be pretty pathetic if he reaches his 40's and still acts like a manchild.
Where do you think we are?

By turning GotG into a mediocre Farscape rip-off.

The majority of people like it. Thats all that matters in the end

>fuck quality!
Marvel's motto since a long time.

>implying Quill hasn't always been quippy

Oh, its one of you dipshits again

>The majority of people like it. Thats all that matters in the end
No.

They've had a consistent quality though, i.e. Entertaining but not mindblowing.

That's literally a big part of their success. Generally they aren't complete and utter dogshit, and even the worst ones like Thor 2 get by on the entertainment factor of seeing likeable characters on screen

Marvel's motto might as well be the opposite of
>Fuck quality!
Given that they're so determined to maintain what they've got

If you said their motto was
>Just ok is good enough
That'd be closer to the truth.

>someone else takes over
Isn't Gunn going to direct/write Vol. 3 and 4?

>the MCU
>Just ok
>not 10000/10
You're fired.

Post pages of 1970s-2000s Star Lord being quippy, please.

Fuck off, Bendis

Yeah but I like to think that idn't socially acceptable.

He said vol 3 is his last with the current team, he probably will move on with Stallone and his crew and the other Guardians might disband or end in different places or star in other movies.

Gamora amd Drax might even go full Infinity Watch with Warlock, who knows.

He was kinda quippy back in '08.
Every comic character has quippy moments.

>only one, recent example
Sigh.

Why do people defend these shitty Marvel and DC movies? They only serve as a cancer on the main IP.

Actually, DC is doing very fine. Bye.

Mate did you even read the DnA run or are you just trolling? Star-lord would always quip around with Rocket.
>recent
That was almost 10 years ago.

Because it's concept art ya dingus!

>DC is doing very fine
Nah, it isn't. Both JL and WW look like trash, Aquaman is the only one looking good.
Marvel also looks like shit, only the Guardians are alright,

>DC is doing fine
Sure user
>Barry turned into a GEEKY XD character
>In fact Barry even brought back from the dead for no other reason so they could shill him on TV and in Movies
>Martain manhunter replaced with cyborg so they can get the nig quota required for a big hollywood movie
>New 52 pretty much created for synergy purposes

>Gamora amd Drax might even go full Infinity Watch with Warlock

>Aquaman is the only one looking good.
Yeah sure aquafag. WW looks miles better than that one

>WW looks miles better than that one
Whatever floats your boat

>WW (((looks))) miles better
here we go.
enjoy the thread.

Mate you could post 100 examples and he'd dismiss them all.

You see, it appears that he doesn't like the GOTG films, but rather than just accepting that they're not for him like a normal person, or actually going about making a decent set of criticisms, he's stuck on his (ironically given that's most peoples complaint about GOTG) snarky hat so he can best show you just how intelligent he is for not enjoying them because "memes".

It's not worth your time lad.

For what it's worth, though OP, I'm not a huge fan of them either.

I'd rather they die being well written in the comics then be shlock

Shit, I was supposed to quote

Yes I would rather have a character die than be raped by horrible writers.
Barry should have stayed dead for example instead of ruined.
You are a faggot and a kike.

It would be really hard to do and not confuse the shit out of everyone though. Makes more sense to use a younger Star-Lord that's still making a name for himself as its a tongue-in-cheek allusion to the character actually making a name for himself. We would have loved grumpy Quill but he was a supporting character in Rich's story and it's a weird place to start a main character.

Bendis was shitting on the Guardians before Gunn was even hired

I bet you defend shit games in a franchise because that's better than a company just letting the IP rest.

I still hate the exposed hair shit. It's so stupid.

Because now they're a franchise and not just a comic. Now there are GOTG movies and GOTG cartoons and GOTG toys and accessories and blah blah blah. More people now are aware of the property than ever, comic sales be damned (and Bendis unfortunately still outsold DnA for longer so that's a moot point). Spaceballs the coloring book, dude.

>Did they redesign your costume again?
GotG had some sweet meta humor.

Annihilation with grumpy Peter would be sweet.

Ben made his peace with it. After he saw the first movie, he said he really liked it, but it was like watching someone running around in his underwear.
He then got to be in vol. 2 and also Gunn is apparently a big Farscape fan.