Crown Jewel Of The Hasbro Universe

Things heating up at IDW. Who was in the right here?

They're Hasbro's big two (with MLP as the little sister) so why fight?

I like G.I. Joe better, but I love Transformers too.

>so why fight?
Probably more of a friendly rivalry, taking light jabs and all that

So when are we going to get a new GI Joe cartoon?

Well Transformers have another movie coming out and G.I. Joe doesn't.

Not interested unless they hire Larry Hama to write everything.

>People who are too stupid to realize that both comics use the "Crown Jewel Of The Hasbro Universe" phrase on the front and a few others from IDW/Hasbro.

Too bad, the second GI Joe movie was so good it made up for how lousy the first one was.

For attention

Milne's probably just still pissed about getting dropped from MTMTE/Lost Light.

Bump

ffs

Well they're both correct.

No reason why you can't have multiple important properties.

I mean, neither of what they say contradicts each other.
I like the comic but it's a really stupid tagline.

He gets to draw Rom now and doesn't have to be associated with Roberts' writing. As I see it, that's a net positive.

He wasn't dropped. He is still there as one of the artists, supposedly he wanted a reduced role.

>They're Hasbro's big two

G.I. Joe LITERALLY does not exist as a toyline anymore. The brand is less relevant than MOTU right now.

don't tell that to the Joe fans,

>(with MLP as the little sister)
Aren't the MLP comic doing way better than both the Gi Joe and Transformers comics?

supposedly mtmte is their best selling idw comic (if you factor in digital sales).

bruh what

Transformers had like five... six? seven? big blockbuster hits. GI Joe had two and they were like middling at best. Does GI Joe even have toys anymore? Do kids even fucking know about GI Joe?

Transformers is goddamn Batman and GI Joe is like Cyborg or some shit

When was the last time GI Joe was a big deal? Maybe back in the 90's? The movies flopped, the toys disappeared.

I mean for fucks sake, Hasbro themselves consider Play-Doh a more important brand than GI Joe.

>Does GI Joe even have toys anymore?
Nope.