Can we pretend that new season didn't happen and be just happy about previous seasons...

Can we pretend that new season didn't happen and be just happy about previous seasons? When I am going to talk about this show years from now, I'd rather talk about how amazing Bounty Hunters scene was or something like that, instead of how Ashi is this or that.

I want it to end, aren't you tired Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bBYXv97FuAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SHUT UP IM TRYING TO SHITPOST

And here we go with the 100th bait post of the week

even shitposters put more time and thought into their posts

I have to admit, I'm underwhelmed. I've been imagining the reception if the events of this show weren't on the air, but were being pitched by an user as his 'badass' ideas for a new season of Samurai Jack, circa 2014. And much we'd all fucking hate it.

>So Jack shows up on a motorcycle, wearing full samurai armor with a mempo. And like, he's lost his sword, but it's cool because now he has guns! And like rocket launchers and grenades and shit, and dual combat knives, and a fucking electric naginata...
>and then these fine septuplet ninja bitches show up, and Jack kills one of them. Fucking slashes her throat. And then he has a BSOD moment, because he just killed a person for the first time, but he flashes back to a time he watched his dad slaughter a bunch of bandits and now he's cool with it. So then he just goes fucking Wolverine on five of the remaining ones...
>but the last one falls in love with him, because she always had the potential for good in her, so she cleans off her ninja suit and she's fucking hot...
>ORKS! Fucking Warhammer orks, a whole WAAUGH!'s worth, outta nowhere. But the hot ninja bitch just ruins all their shit, with her bare hands! And then...

I mean really, if an user had pitched these ideas to you back before a new season was confirmed, how much of this bullshit would you listen to before you told him to fuck off and stay fucked, and take his shitty fanfiction with him? And yet this is all canon now, and apparently satisfactory?

>ideas pitched in a half-assed retarded way sound retarded
woah...

You can do that to any show if you've got the autism

I think it's not because they actually like what they have seen so far, they are just okay with it. Okay in the sense that this is the last piece of Samurai Jack and they have to be okay with this.

It's not good on its own sadly, but some people don't like the feeling of disappointment, if they can avoid it. It's easier for them just think of it as an okay cartoon.

There isn't anything original or thought provoking in new Samurai Jack, it's really just a thing to watch and forget about.

I can see that some people are enjoying it - but is it good? I've seen every trope that appears in new Samurai Jack done better somewhere else. There isn't anything unique or particularly interesting about it.

I'm just worried about the ending. The way Genndy hinted about the ending is that it sounds like Jack won't be going to the past, or at least the ending is going to be bittersweet.

And after all these years there's nothing I want more than the ""generic"" ending of Jack flying through a portal, killing aku, and reuniting with his family and live his life in his own time.

Out of curiosity, what are your views on the usage of the word kino?

>samurai jack
>thought provoking

Very useless since capeshit movies are labeled as kino. The word on its own is okay but the way it is used on Sup Forums makes it meaningless.

(You)

>mfw this samefag shitpost circlejerk

You three guys should really get a hobby. It's not our fault the new season of SJ doesn't alight with your preconceived fanfictions...

Speak for yourself, I see this season as a bad fanfiction too

I remember before SJ was airing again. People in Sup Forums talking about how its gonna be great, how Gendy is gonna knock it out of the park. But i knew... I knew Sup Forums would find a way to fucking hate it. And just look at us now. Fucking animals. Animals eating each others shit.

Blame Genndy, first three episodes were praised

Episode 2 was amazing

Does anyone have a screencap of those 3-posts from a thread yesterday on how the show was doomed from the start because of LoK?

That user was on to something.

I just said that

What is it called when you're reading a book and there's an authors' hook or something. That was episode two.

hmmmmm rly makes u think

By that logic the worst S5 episode was better than the best S1-4 episode, which is objectively not true.

Season 5 taken in isolation is pretty accurate.

Ep 1 is pretty much on the same level as episode 6 and 7.

>expecting the final season of a Western cartoon, no matter how more "mature" or "adult" it has become, to be "thought-provoking"

This is why you hate the new season: You got your expectations up for some groundbreaking shit on the level of Studio Ghibli or what-th'fuck-ever, and your expectations were shattered by the show simply being a more mature revival of the same children's cartoon you watched over a decade ago. You set yourself up for disappointment by thinking the show was going to be anything other than what it is.

Congratulations. You played yourself.

You can want that all you like. Just remember that you are not owed that ending. Genndy owes you nothing.

Yeah, it's pretty fun.

>So, there a bunch of people, and they can like each shoot out elements from their hands. But its not like periodic elements, its cool stuff like fire and water and stuff and they go to war. But one kid can shoot out all stuff and saves the day.

...Captain Planet and the Planeteers?

this guy gets it

Nah, it's more like I expected it to be at least as good as the best episodes from previous seasons. Remember Bounty Hounters sequence? Or that one from the Haunted House? I was expecting those to highlight the importance of concluding events of this last season.

Fuck that, just put in some cookie cutter girl with nothing interesting whatsoever about her and use that time for nothing.

>use that time for nothing
So, her seeing the good Jack"s done over the years & helping Jack not commit sudoku is nothing?

Yes because it wasn't my headcanon.

I mean Jack needed someone to cheer him up and all that stuff, I agree. But since 50 years, that person has to be some brat, that's quite disappointing. We are talking about a character that takes so much screentime, it should have been someone that is much more interesting.

It's not stupid to expect interesting characters.

>just put in some cookie cutter girl with nothing interesting whatsoever about her and use that time for nothing

But Ashi has actual relevance to the plot. It is through her that Jack finds the hope he needs to continue on his journey. Any other side character from the previous four seasons would not have worked in the role because Jack could have ignored their pleas and gone "whoops, sword in my gut". Ashi had to be the person who saved Jack because her being saved by Jack first - being shown the error of her ways and turning against Aku - gave her the kind of hope that Jack had lost all those years ago.

As for the "use that time for nothing" claim, what specific part of what specific episode did nothing to either further the plot, build upon the characterization of Jack and Ashi, or create the dramatic tension necessary to make viewers anticipate the final showdown between Jack and Aku?

If the tension between Ashi and Jack was stretched over the entire season instead of solving it in 2 episodes, then yes, it could have been much more meaningful. Now it's just a satellite character going with Jack and doing what he says. It's just boring as hell. Compare two sequences in the last episode, Jack's and Ashi's ones. Which was more interesting? Wouldn't it be better to get rid off the less interesting one to boost the better one? Wouldnt you like to see the actual fight with Mad Jack or just more time dedicated to him, instead of mindless fight with a generic orc army?

>cookie cutter

>If the tension between Ashi and Jack was stretched over the entire season

No, that would've been fucking awful.

>If the tension between Ashi and Jack was stretched over the entire season instead of solving it in 2 episodes, then yes, it could have been much more meaningful.

Well, this is the final season of the show, so it's not like Genndy could spend all ten episodes stretching out the relationship between Ashi and Jack by expanding each of their interactions into an entire episode's worth of material and all, then ending the season exactly where Episode 5 ended.

>endless fight with a generic orc army

You seem to forget that that scene was also about Ashi fully redeeming herself & killing her mother.

The stretch would be about Ashi being unsure of Jack, at this point she will do anything for him, there are no stakes, nothing. Just a sidekick to cover his ass. I can't feel any attachment to a character that is just like that.
Yeah, and that fight was also reduced to bare bones.

I don't know, I'd rather have one good scene than two mediocre ones. That's what happened here.

another Sup Forumsntrarian bait thread
another dollar

>The stretch would be about Ashi being unsure of Jack

And the show actually did that. In a single episode. Why would you want that drawn out to two or more? Why would the show NEED that drawn out to two episodes or more when a single episode can get the job done?

I really just think you're pissed because either (a) Jack's sidekick is a girl or (b) you had a grand fucking vision of what the final season of the show should have been and Genndy didn't make it for you like you thought he had to do.

Because a major change of heart in storytelling takes some time. If it happens too quickly, the character that changed looks stupid, the whole story suffers aswell to some degree. Here Ashi is very important so it suffers even more.

Only 10 episodes blame DeMarco etc.

>a major change of heart in storytelling takes some time

And I would agree if the show had not already established that Ashi was susceptible to being turned away from Aku's influence IN THE VERY FIRST FUCKING EPISODE OF THE SEASON. The whole reason for showing her getting "distracted" during her training montage was to set up her eventual heel-face turn after facing Jack. Anyone paying a single ounce of attention would have noticed that scene where she looks at the outside world as a child and thought the scene had a fucking point - which it did.

You're pissed either because Ashi is a girl or Genndy didn't pay you what you thought he owed you.

the original jack never really had anything thought provoking

I don't care if Ashi is a girl or a boy or a truck, I don't give a fuck about that.

If you want a well written female character in western cartoons, look at Princess Carolyn. In fact, she is one of my favorites, because what she does highlights exactly what is her role in that show. Ashi is just a dumb sidekick that takes too much time.

>I don't care if Ashi is a girl

Nice virtue signalling. Too bad I see right through it. You care, and I know you care, because there would not be nearly as many threads bitching about Ashi and her "pointless" role in the new season if she had been a he. (Well, unless male!Ashi was gay for Jack, at which point Sup Forums would've bitched about "gay propaganda" and "Jack was never even hinted at being gay" and other such nonsense.)

Also, Ashi does have a role: To help Jack regain his sense of purpose and push him towards the final showdown with Aku. Is her character arc a little rushed? Yeah, sure. Genndy had only ten episodes to deal with this story arc; he had to cut a few corners somewhere. But is it "pointless" or "worthless"? No.

You're pissed either because Ashi is a girl or Genndy didn't pay you what you thought he owed you.

>Nice virtue signalling. Too bad I see right through it. You care, and I know you care, because there would not be nearly as many threads bitching about Ashi and her "pointless" role in the new season if she had been a he.

You mean those falseflagging threads about how le woman hurts the show, so you can now dismiss any valid argument? I see no point in talking to you then, because your projecting makes me look like people who shitpost for fun.

No,I want to talk about how great the 5th season was while simultaneously shitposting about Ashi

Of course you're shitposting for fun. Where do you think we are?

youtube.com/watch?v=bBYXv97FuAY

you literally can't find this k*no past episode 3, just imagine a Jack without ashi, it would've been basically more stuff like this

So all you wanted was another nine episodes of self-contained storylines and a final episode of Jack vs Aku?

Well that must fucking suck for you, seeing as how Genndy didn't want to do that at all.

There's only 10 fucking episodes in the season.

Not sure why you're afraid of remembering anything.

He basically did do that but much worse since ashi is cliche incarnate the character

I'm sorry OP. Most of /tumblr/ only got into Jack because of Season 5.

>ashi is cliche incarnate the character

What, like Jack is any better?

I don't need to when I'm right

As opposed to Jack?
>generic nameless Samurai hero with a MAGIC SWORD

Or Aku?
>ULTIMATE UNSPEAKABRU EVIL who wants to rule the entire universe

The series, then and now, was built on cliched tropes and characters. The reason why it's a classic is because it gave them life, and interesting characters is something the new season, for all its faults, still does well. I and a lot of fans genuinely care about Ashi's storyline, and that means the writers have done their job.

I too care about Ashi but not in the same way as you do, sadly. I care to see her gone but its too late for that.

Cant wait for tumblrinas and other retards to praise this season after Ashi kills Aku, what a fucking letdown

>Ashi Shitposters continue to prove again they didnt even watch the original show

>gets BTFO'D
>t-t-tumblr

>gets btfo

Are you schizophrenic or something? Tell me more how I got BTFO in your mind

>says the person who watched the original show when it was airing on adult swim's marathon

People who legitimately waited 13 years for this conclusion are salty as fuck and it's a fucking disappointment

Samureddit Jackoff us at it again

more like people who waited got crazy with their own headcanon of a ending that they lost their minds when Gendy had to balls to make his own ending

no we aren't
we are just glad as fuck we managed to see an ending after all this time
you have been spewing shit for a while now user.

you are so BTFO you start virtue signalling with ''TUMBLR ONLY LIKES THIS''
im pretty sure you have a couple of nice tumblr shitpost's ready for when the season ends

Let me guess.

You're a gigantic beta faggot virgin who feels so threatened by the mere EXISTENCE of women that any female character who has even the tiniest spark of agency beyond being on her knees with her tits out and a cock in her mouth makes you feel emasculated.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with regards to accuracy, was this a 41 or a 42?

don't be like this, user
we all know that the actual cancer in tha game is still Warden

I really hoped Jack would use Scotsman's sword to defeat Aku.
But noooo, gods just came and handed him the toy back and still give no shits about Aku fucking up the world.

as always, Mr. President is right

I'd rather see no conclusion than this abomination, which hurts the whole series.

Imagine discussing it after season 5 ends, the damage is permanent.

Don't worry, you can dismiss any criticism at this point anyway, just throw some buzzwords and you are done.

>People who legitimately waited 13 years

>be a guy
>watch that awesome Jack show
>no ending, tho
>feels bad, man
>maybe somebody will pick up the 5th Season
>wait
>die in accident
>Oh, hello God, let me wait for that ending, ok?
>wait
>yay! Season 5!
>It's mediocre

People died while waiting for this, dammit!

Scotsman's sword was literally cut in half after Aku obliterated the Scotsman.

It still looks sharp and if I understood well enough, it has Scotsman's soul in it now.

MAGIC
SWORD
WITH
SOUL
OF
GOOD
PERSON

Let's be honest, with this level of quality given by them I too would rather not see it at all. Just leave it be, make whatever headcanon you want, everyone would be satisfied.

It's just too bad to be considered as a proper conclusion. Not the worst conclusion ever, but still.

>Victim blaming

Honestly everyone is complaining about Ashi, and with good reason, but there is no excuse for the missed opportunities of this season

>missed opportunities
>muh headcanon!

How about the Powerpuff girls? It was my favourite show as a kid
How about cyber six? I would take cyber six over any other superhero
Toph was by far my favourite character in avatar too
Hell that show Wich shall not be named has 6 female leads and was popular enough to get it's own board
There is such a thing as good female characters

Everybody doesnt see this season as anything different from the main show, yet here you are, getting triggered over it like if its the Star Wars prequels

I still don't understand why he didn't just use Madjack if that was actually what Gendy was going for all along.

We knew since the first 7 episodes that Jack had anger management issues.
That's why we even had this episode about Evil clone Jack to begin with.

All his small portions of anger and evil bloodthirsty traits have accumulated and turned into this episode.

Here, I capped it for you.
I don't entirely agree with this but he's got a point and I figured someone might want this later.

dude, not that guy, but you literally said

>Cant wait for tumblrinas and other retards to praise this season after Ashi kills Aku, what a fucking letdown

and that just makes you seem like a whiny , entitled asshole

>entitled
only mentally challenged people say that unironically

no argument besides anger directed at word usage

I am not entitled to anything you colossal faggot, I am just making comments on some show. It literally doesn't affect my life if it's either good or bad, it's just a thing to watch and leave behind.

This is now Samurai Jack, Season 5. Is Sup Forums happy now?

Wow, are we at the point where season 5 is going to get the man of steel treatment?

If you want to ignore it so much, why continue to throw a tantrum at others on a Manchurian Post-It board? face it user you just want attention because the show is going in a different direction than you think. Also, wanting no conclusion at all because season 5 isn't what you wanted is indeed, entitlement.

Also 2 words you dumb dummy
Casca/Guts

>WAAAAH STOP LIKING THINGS
If someone pitched to you the idea of samurai Jack without you ever having watched it, you would've told him to fuck off as well
>Oh well its this wise cracking demon who also happens to commit mass murder and basically genocide every other week whilst the guy trained to fight him muddles around and gets into woah wacky shenanigans oh yeah and there's robots and the guy ALWAYS wins, buuuut he can't fight the demon guy because reasons

Take a joke you faglord

wouldn't that be the same

Casca is mentally challenged since 20 years, so I don't really know what are you talking about.

Also I don't mind the direction if it was done correctly. It is not.

You seem to forget that most things in samurai Jack have been resolved fairly quickly
Even something like the guardian didn't have a buildup, it just happened