...really?

...really?

t. triggered snowflake

>the bad guy defeats TroyVan by slicing his Achilles Jordans

Is that based John Diggle?

Original Greeks were black.

underrated post

Fuck off pol.

Hes ugly asf yes but who cares ite just a movie.

Im a white girl and only like black guys so yea. You gonna bitch and whine about that too? Like you're part of the reason why i dont fw white boys. So fucking petty

Cuck

how is life being an unmarried single mother

Literally how is it possible to be dumb enough to take such shitty bait

When I first heard about this casting I made the assumption that the vast majority of people who managed to pass basic Literature and History classes in middle school would be able to remember how Zeus and Achilles were described appearance wise. Clearly they weren’t able to; this includes you.

Literally how is it possible to be dumb enough to take such shitty bait

KANYEEEEEEEEE

t. book burning regressionist

ITT: Amerimutts outraged by a black dude in some roman/greek era movie meanwhile everyone speaks in thicc burger accents and have non-meds aesthetics

What are you a fucking racist? It doesn't even matter if we rewrite your history goy! White people don't even exist!

Just lay down and die!

>dumb britcuck desperately tries to turn it around on murrilards
OBSESSED

t. brainwashed demoralized soyboy

AYO HECTOR

OBESE

t. soy boy who's triggered about pumpkin spice lattes

fpbp

You just know when this comes out all the leftist Troyboys will be salvitating over how progressive this show is and not actively watch it

Homer described warriors from his own times (the dark ages). That was after Doric invasion. Original Mycenaeans were darker and they never portrayed themselves as blonde.

You are doing god's work user
Godspeed

WE

>Pedes! Pedes! They can't get away with this!

>Homer described warriors from his own times (the dark ages).

=/= My claim about Achilles and Zeus.

How's that Paki cock, Russell.

They ignored "xanthos" (blond) in favor of "podas okys" (runs like a nigger).

>Muh Maga

This is your problem, Edwin.

It's trying to be more historically accurate. Minoan and Mycenaean civilizations were created by black men.

AH HAHAHA

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an overcorrection based on Hollywoods history of Whitewashing. Eventually this diversity agenda where people try to outdo each other by being like "see how tolerant we are? Greeks could have been black, haha so what if not? You aren't racist are you :)" will face a backlash from the next generation or two

Either there will be a back lash or people will stop giving a shit, people will figure out how to cast diversely without using quotas like this Achilles casting. I just will choose not watch shit like this and wait for that day to come

I'm actually italian lmao

The real Achille looked like someone from today Near East. He was not black. He was neither a blond blue-eyed guy like Brad Pitt. Though people didn't snowflaked when Brad Pitt took the role.

So why did I never hear a word about blond hair blued Brad Pitt playing Achillies, but that guy being Greek is somehow wrong? Greeks were closer to North Africans and non-whites than they were to him

>people will figure out how to cast diversely without using quotas

They actually did for a quite a good stretch of years. It won't change until more people point out that hiring based on race/sex is as discriminatory as what they're attempting to avoid.

>the real Achilles
Achilles is a fictional character.

Sup Forumstards are hypocrites

>some autist spent time making this

The irony: it's okay for us to have black Achilles, because he's an actor playing a character, but it's NOT OKAY to have black actress Zoe Saldana playing black musician Nina Simone because "she's not black enough."

T. Mehmet.

ξανθῆς δὲ kόμης ἕλε Πηλεΐωνα

"she (Athena) grabbed Achilles by his blonde hair"

>Iliad, 1.197

So? This was on reddit already getting called out, why care.

two different definitions of black, first one is about skin color, second one is about attitude and culture.

HOL' UP

>reddit the post
You soyboys are cancer

Greeks and romans used to dye their hair
It's common knowledge

We wuz niggers n shiet

I don't see how that's relevant

Achilles has blonde hair in the source material, how his hair became blonde is not described nor does it matter from a filmmaker's perspective unless they for some reason choose to include a scene of him dying his hair

Did they dye their skin too?

Except that it wasn't. The complaint on Zoe was literally her skin tone.

Does he hold his sword sideways when he fights?

Mediterranean isn't black. Stop it. If there were blacks in Mediterranean armies, they were light skinned north-African blacks from conquered nations. Don't be thick around me, Al.

So again, if they don't want people who give a shit about history or old Greek tales, who do they want watching? Everyday British blacks? They're more concerned with Skepta, Addidas and spicy doritos. Maybe some brainwashed lefties and bbc lovers

Oh look, it's the same thread we've already had over a dozen times in the last few days.

Greek here. It really activates my almonds.

underrated post

>Implying ancient Greeks were white

>I need to get the blackest guys you got
>say no more

There is actually one Aetheopian named Memnon who appears at the battle of Troy in the Iliad

Aetheopian translates to "burnt-face" and was the Greek term for what we would now call sub-Saharan African

I happen to remember a certain Namefag who kept reappearing in BR2049 threads... which took up almost the entire catalogue. And why haven’t you been making this comment in any of the starwars threads?

okay fine, there is one burnt face in the story, not every lead character.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's ludicrous and disrespectful to everyone involved, not least the black actors who have been cast purely to drum up controversy and press attention

If black people are underrepresented in film there is no reason not to (a) write new stories with black characters or (b) film existing stories with black characters that haven't been filmed yet

This is like Girlbusters all over again, nothing but transparent exploitation by cynical studio executives

kek

don't use ryan for that tho, he is too pure
Use Chris Evans or other cucked actors.

>transparent exploitation by cynical studio executives

Couldn't agree more. Big studio, executive chair focus group tested movies are the bane of the medium itself. They sell schlock entertainment and that's fine, but they control every corner of the market. The only thing left is art house, which is okay but hard to access and stuff like The Shape of Water which doesn't get a wide release outside of urban areas.

But remember, we vote with our wallets. Don't pay for anything that will perpetuate this culture

It's also worth pointing out that there are great movies getting made out there which have taken great care to commit the struggles of various underrepresented demographics to the big screen

These kinds of publicity stunts help nobody except the studio and their shareholders, and even then only until it's no longer trendy to constantly wank about diversity

Mediterranean here, you're retarded. We have never identified as white. In fact, our interactions with other civilizations have mostly been with middle eastern or black people. Hence, it's more accurate to portray Achilles as a black man than a fucking nordic cuckold as in other movies.

>Mediterranean

Hahahaha found the berber

t.LARPing Tyrone

Real Med here, everyone identifies as white, no question.

>20% migrant population

That something to be proud of, Hans?

WE WUZ GREEKS N ROMANS N MEDS N ANGLOS N SAMURAIS N NORDS N COWBOYS N NINJAS N SPARTANS N CONQUISTADORS N JEWS N NAZIS N STRAYANS N EGYPSHANS

WE WUZ ONE, WE WUZ MANY

t. βάρβαρος

Nice try you fucking wh*te bastard. But it's the truth, literally noone considers himself white like you. It's the same reason everyone's grandparent here stomped nazi skulls during WW2 and hanged aryan-loving traitors. Even the civilians clubbed or knifed nazis to death when they could. We have nothing in common.

Yet you still needed Brits and ANZACs to come and save your North African backsides from the rampaging Kraut

Αν kυριολεkτιkά δεν λαρπάρεις kαι προτιμάς ο Αχιλλέας να είναι μαύρος τι να σου πω, είσαι για kλάματα.

>save
lmao, they didn't save shit

Brits ran away when they could, they were too afraid of nazi occupation. Aussies at least made some brave last stands with us and deserve to be remembered and honoured. The krauts had 10x the people, the munitions, land vehicles and aircraft that we had, and they still struggled to break many of the fronts. Funny thing is that they were surprised that the civilians didn't like them or resisted them. All the wh*te cucks in northern europe willingly surrendered to them so they weren't used to people not worshipping their autistic asses. The very idea of a people not being subservient cuckolds was unknown to them.

Actual Med here - this poster can fuck right off. They should have hired Greek and Italian actors.

Do brit bong tv tax dollars fund this?

Πόσο νιούφης είσαι; Κυριολεkτιkά το πιο προφανές ΛΑΡΠ που υπάρχει. Μάθε να kάνεις lurk σε boards εkτός του πολ ή γύρνα στο reddit, εδώ δεν προσkυνάμε τους γερμανούς

Hahahahaha so you ARE a berber

Absolutely fucking classic

You're not Mediterranean, you're African, nobody in their right mind would try and call you white

Carthago delenda est, bitchboy

>μυχ ρ*ντιντ
Καλά μην ταράζεσαι.

>why don't these make-believe people have the right color skin?!

You'll continue to see this thread until this shit stops happening.

Σοβαρά όμως, δεν υπάρχει χειρότερο kαι πιο ντροπιαστιkό πράγμα από Έλληνες να γλύφουν την αρχιδοσαkούλα των λευkών.

The complaint is valid, there's physical descriptions in the source material

Casting a white Othello without race-swapping the rest of the cast would be equally unpopular

Oh fugggg

Μα είμαστε λευkοί. Εkτός kαι αν εσύ είσαι Τουρkαλβανός, τι να σου πω. Σιγά μην βάλω εγώ τον εαυτό μου στο ίδιο σαkί με τους "PoC".

fuggen elves.

BBC making
>ZUUUUUUEEEESSS, where is my wife's son!?
a reality