Anyone doing free comic book day?

anyone doing free comic book day?
i don't know what it's about since most of the shit i read is weeb shit with the occasional DC
i'm only considering leaving the house because i saw an ad somewhere making it look like dragonball and naruto were somehow involved

anyway
share your free comic book day experiences ITT since i didn't see a thread about it already

Other urls found in this thread:

freecomicbookday.com/catalog
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is there some place that states what the choices for your free comic will be?

Here's the list.
freecomicbookday.com/catalog

Look up your store's site or whatever and see how they handle it and if they have any other events or sales. Mine let's you take 5 on saturday and sunday with an additional one for every ten dollars you spend.

saturday and sunday?
i thought it was today only

oh fuck me
i must've thought it was on the 4th every year because it was on the 4th the only year i participated
nevermind guys
feel free to let this thread expire
if this is worthy of discussion, please wait to do so on the actual date (saturday)

I've never gone because I didn't have an LCS near me until recently, but I don't think i'll bother.

>tfw no Free Comic Book Day in Japan

I fucking hate FCBD, I'll probably go for Street Fighter V tho

I'm afraid a lot of people will be there and I'll be too autistic to do shit. Even as it is I feel anxious as fuck browsing through shit.

>Go to a store packed with kids as an adult so I can pick up free comics that I would easily be able to afford if they weren't free, or even just download on the internet later.

Ehhh

Just go inside. You don't know if it's packed with kids or not.

My LCS is literally next to a high school so it definitely will be.

They're comics specifically produced FOR fcbd.
It's basically the comics equivalent of going to a giant grocery store when they're doing almost 100 free samples.

Some of them are lil previews of upcoming stories/events. Most are just original stories made just to be given away to give people the idea of how the comic is.

Most of the LCS I've gone to either are having a sale during FCBD or promoting a big sale they'll be doing like a week later.
They usually have the back issues that they're giving away at half price or $1 right up front and everything.

Nah it's always on the first Saturday of May so the exact date changes every year.

But this is the best time TO bother. Prolly see the workers at their most hectic and nicest.
And you can find out about the store. Maybe they give discounts for people who have pull-lists for ongoings.

Fuck forgot the damn image

The only one that interests me out of these is the Doctor Who one. I don't know if it'll be good but I liked the Eighth Doctor comic with that artist lady.

On FCBD I try to go to as many places as I can and usually end up with at least one of everything.
Keep the few I really like or care about, most of them I just give away to the local library a week later.

They do it in the few hobby stores that b ater to American comics.

HEY B ATER

Heck yeah I am. There are two comic book stores nearby where I live. One is a large store that lets you take one of each of the free comics (they generally run out of the popular ones first though), the other one is a smaller store that, while limiting you to only 3 free comic book day issues, also lets you get 10 issues from their 10 cent comic bin, and there usually is a lot of great stuff in there (I've picked up countless issues of the old Justice League International from there). Also they put all trade paperbacks at 20% off, so I usually pick up a bunch of comics I've read here but hadn't bought.

Didn't that Zelda thing already come out?
I guess it is still a good way to promote it, though.
Maybe it's better to promote books once they are out since you can buy it right after and not worry about customers forgetting.

Usually pretty good. Lines are a bitch but my LCS has a sale on TPBs and usually pulls some guests to do signings so the waiting ain't too bad.