>retcons everything to sell more new crap
>systematically dismantles everything that made it successful for decades

It's like pottery

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/12/22/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-women-run-universe.html
youtube.com/watch?v=GahikRvi-80
youtube.com/watch?v=olLujO7LvQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

short term versus long term. Lucas had a long term strategy built around selling toys and legacy which made it unique in terms of corporate product.

Disney is beholden to investors. Short term short term short term etc

Disney has to put in its propaganda in every film.

They are a gunocentric company. They wont make a movie for or about men any longer.

And women can never be portrayed as evil.

the odd thing is they seem to have had no overarching idea or vision, they just left it in the hands of Kathleen Kennedy, who just let Abrams do whatever he fuck he wanted, which lead to TLJ being what it is

lul is this real?

Is this real or pol cherry picking?

hidalgo and chee have been around for decades, those bits are true atleast, can't speak for the rest.

Coincidentally, the fruit was already there. Go ahead and pick it.

All is real, look it up
Here, have a link as a gift from Christmas
nytimes.com/2017/12/22/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-women-run-universe.html

Didn't Johnson write TLJ before TFA was released?

Liberals never learn and evolve, they think they can change human nature if they wish upon a star. This is why they are liberals. A good portion are (((Elves))) masquerading as liberals for their own selfish gains but even they have been eating and drinking the mantra so long they have self indoctrinated and now believe their own agenda that was only for the purpose of getting shekels in the first place.

Even when their movies bomb they won't stop, at this point they don't know how to stop, their whole existence has be re-written like a virus altering code.

I don't know wtf were they thinking.

Solo's production has no become so bloated and the brand lost so much good will that it might actually lose money

>Lucas had a long term strategy built around selling toys and legacy which made it unique in terms of corporate product.

Pretty sure tons of media franchises have done the same. Things like Pokemon, Dragonball, G.I. Joe, Transformers and many more.

forgot the prequels I presume you shit lord

Whats this dumb ass white boy cunt trying to say? Nigga you dumb

Just ignore them and they'll eventually realize how dumb they are

what does "The Force Is Female" actually mean

How many are actually successful?

BS, shoehorned anti-male propaganda is NOT good for business.

So what? Just because you know it is a different stratrgy it doesn't make nu wars any better

I'm a normie that enjoy star wars, and actually wanted to see all new star wars films. This one doesn't captivate me in any sense. Will probably skip it.

Everything I said in that post is very successful. In fact Pokemon is the biggest media franchise in the world. Star Wars is second.

>being this assblasted about muh EU

it was garbage so they threw it out
get over it soyboy

>m-muh communists everywhere

chill out amerilard

this desu, there's argument for a handful of books/characters and some wider ideas about the force, tech, whatever, but on the whole yeah you need to sift through a mountain of shit to find the few nuggets of gold in the EU.

I honestly believe Kathleen Kennedy belongs to a male hating uber feminist sect or lodge. Just check out these 2 clips and tell me I'm wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=GahikRvi-80
youtube.com/watch?v=olLujO7LvQI

Orc detected

>plebs still flock into theater like good goys
wow

The Ancient Jedi Texts are a metaphorical insert for the Original Star Wars trilogy.

The major theme of The Last Jedi is “letting the past die.” A past that happens to be derived of three beloved films that cultivated the blockbuster culture we know today. But Disney’s ultimate goal is erasing the imprint these film’s have had on pop culture in order to make way for their new assembly line of products.

Yoda in the The Last Jedi is used to mock our hero Luke Skywalker; to belittle him for his values and diligence in preserving the integrity of the past. He destroys (to his knowledge) the ancient Jedi Texts to Luke Skywalker’s dismay. Then in turn, he insults the artistic merits of the Jedi Texts (The Original Trilogy) and upholds the contemporary heroine of the story (Rey/Disney’s Star Wars) by informing Luke that there is nothing in those texts that she doesn’t already know. This scene is played in comedic fashion in order to mask the far more devious undertones of the scene by having Yoda incorporate a quip (page turners they are not). The Last Jedi is riddled with moments like these.

Disney’s burying of Star Wars’ soul doesn’t begin and end with the live-action films either. Buying 20th Century Fox, the original home of the first trio of Star Wars films, was the ultimate endgame. With this acquisition, Disney will setforth their goal of burying the OT into the depths of irrelevancy. Disney’s real intentions are masked by the assumption that this deal was mainly carried out to intertwine Fox’s roster of superheroes with the MCU. But their are far more sinister forces at play. Forces that will make Lucas’s tampering of the OT look like child’s play in comparison to the future Star Wars now holds.

Except for a few gems, new EU material isn't any better. There was nothing to prevent them from still coming out with new material while capitalizing on the good pieces they had just bought

They trashed it because Jar Jar Abrams convinced them they'd make more money that way and he could do ANH rehash instead of the outline Lucas had given them. (Same thing he tried to do to Star Trek, but Paramount told him to fuck off and make an alternate universe)

>while capitalizing on the good pieces they had just bought

they'll still do this though, it's not like the EU has been wiped from existence, they'll cherrypick characters they want to be canon when it suits them over the next few years.

Normies don't come to Sup Forums

Only after turning them into overpowered young british petite women.