Star Wars 8 Last Jedi box office PLUMMETS in second week - but how bad is it?

OHNONONONONO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=starwars8.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>mfw

WOAH

SO THIS IS THE POWER OF FEMINISM

SHOULDNTA SHIT ON LUKE, KATHLEEN
THE RUSSIANS LOVE THAT GUY :^)

>OHNONONONONO

Can you fucking stop with this shit meme.

>be soyboy
>get 1 billion disney bucks to make movie
>make it to where the war is small enough to fit inside a football stadium
>dude veganism lmao free Willy!

The reputation of your product counts for something. And Disney's reputation for Star Wars films is now showing consistently poor quality. You can change up a formerly successful product and make an inferior product with no drop in sales *for a while* until word gets out that it sucks now.

Now that they're known to make shit Star Wars films, each subsequent film is going to sell significantly worse unless if they begin to give the people the quality Star Wars used to have

(and before you go there, yes the prequels were pretty good, not as good as the originals but MILES better than any of the Disney films)

ohhhhh nonononono

BUT THE BATTLESHIP JUMPED TO LIGHTSPEED INTO THE OTHER BATTLESHIPS IT WAS A HELLUVA SHOW MAAAAAN *hits bong* How's that for a spectacle >:)

It's christmas time, people are shopping and having family dinners, and such. We'll see next week. It will skyrocket.

>Avatar released in December 18 and rose on its second weekend
Just what kind of magic was Jimbo using there lads

>B-BUT IT WAS THE ALTRIGHT /TEEVEE/ MEANIES REVIEWS BOMBING THE AUDIENCE SCORE

I think that's literally the opposite of what happens at christmass

never cater to women

Look at this dude

V>IV>VI>III>R1>II>I
Disney Wars isn’t canon.

Lucas hired to direct the third movie when?

77% of $220 mil is $169 mil.
So it made $54 mil second week?
I'm an engineering major.

not enough fart jokes

R1 is Disney canon.

Isn't it weird that even Sup Forums is starting to agree with reddit, they are all kinds of pissed this dude. And for all kinds of weird reason from shit was racist or sexist or too feminist or not feminst enough.

I'm so confused, and at this point I think its just a bad movie and every one is looking for more reason then they need to defend their point.

WHEN THEY A P O L O G I Z E

Look at the top of his post

bye bye one billion

This post has been electrically engineered to piss me off: the basic math that isn’t really relevant, the assertion of your status at the end for no apparent reason as if it validates your basic math, the lack of actually being on topic, what a rage-inducing freshman post this is

Force Awakens was released around the same time as Last Jedi and did much better during the holidays.

NONONONONONONONNO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it's the least offensive meme

Star Wars is owned by Disney sooo

yeah, no one goes to the movies around christmas.

In my opinion it wasn't a bad movie but it certainly wasn't a movie for the fans. The loss in profit it probably due to a decrease in repeat viewings, nobody wants to see it more than once. Not because it's bad, but simply because there's no reason to.

>prequels
>pretty good

it's the mother fucking 8th+ film in a fucking contiguous series it HAS to be for the fans it can't fucking be anything else

>2nd weekend might be lower than Rogue One's

Oh no no NO posting is just getting started

It was pretty much equal at 22nd December, it may bounce back. Normies don't really give a shit what they're watching, they will watch it just to say to their normie friends they did.

Exactly. I didn't hate the movie, but it was just fucking bizarre they took it in the direction they did when it's supposed to be the bridge in their flagship trilogy. There is literally nowhere for the 9th movie to go.

I mean....really?
Who honestly DIDN'T see this coming?
TLJ was an absolute borefest of a film where nothing truly mattered by the end of it. It didn't deserve to exist kinda like this whole trilogy under Disney.
Expect to see more of these box office plummets in the coming years, lads. Disney's gonna brutally milk this series into oblivion.

HAHAHAHAHA

I think the movie's main problem is that it's very uneven. There's some good parts and story segments, but there's also various really badly written ones (for me it's most of the Finn, Rose and Holdo arcs). Those are bad enough that people don't want to sit through the movie again in its entirety. Seeing it again at the cinema, where you can't fast forward, is akin to Malcolm McDowel strapped into a chair in Clockwork Orange (right down to the part where your brain can't handle the shitty parts anymore and you try to rationalize the shit you've seen into being acceptable if viewed multiple times). The movie may perform better when it's out on streaming or BD, because then you can at least skip past the bad parts.

I thought it would still make a billion dollars because I figured it would be MILDLY sjw, just enough to piss off the most hardcore Sup Forumsbabbies. But they ended up drenching it so obviously in marxist feminist drivel it drove the entire normie audience away too. They made their own bed, now they have to lie in it.

It's 52% right now

I've seen Mouseketeers claim that we're all taking Mark's reaction wayyyy out of context. That he loves The Last Jedi. We just don't understand his wicked sense of humor.

We will get to see a thrilling conclusion to all the beloved new characters such as Maz Kensomething, Rose and Broom boy

A vegan, a pit bull owner, a Bernout, and a Disney employee walk into a bar......

>YFW Disney might actually kill Star Wars harder than Lucas did with the Prequels.
youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

Avatar isn't progressive ENOUGH by today's standards.

Imagine if Disney/Rian started actively insulting people like it happened after Ghostbusters

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=starwars8.htm
>early estimates indicating a 67% second week drop, with the film earning 68M gross
This is BvS tier bad. We could be looking at sub 1B gross

ATATATATATA...
It's DISNEY'S Avatar, you fucking pleb.
Remember who owns Fox now and deal with it.

>prequels are bad

t. brainlet

rose will secure china for us.

One of the biggest defenses of this movie from the Disney shills and leftists is that all the negativity were from alt-right Russian trolls. The BO proves that the vast majority loves TLJ.

What excuse will they go with now?

I push my fingers into my EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYES

The formerly was 1980, though. That's the issue. Beyond the fans, the six pre-Disney Star Wars' reputation was of a good movie, a great movie and four loads of crap. There's no way around this.

sing around it all you want shill, what they did with luke was a nightmare and ben/rey are uninspired, motivationalless and dull. stop reframing our opinions, theyre fucking obvious

your insistance on corporate drivel is why these movies fail, you are catagorically incapable of telling the truth

>kill the good looking sister
>have the homely looking one hook up with the comic relief

Sounds like a plan.

>because the Han Chinese love Vietnam so MUCH!

>(and before you go there, yes the prequels were pretty good,

Nobody but very committed, cognitively dissonant fans thought so.

China presales are awful, likely to gross less than Rogue One there

This whole thing is hilarious, will probably break $1b with ease but may fall sort of expectations anywhere up to $500m

I said the movie fucking sucked enough that it's torture to watch it in theater. Holy fuck, calm your tits.

DELET

>you will never go back to the mid-90s where the only time you saw star wars was on USA network around Christmas and it was the OT and it wasn't filled with garbage tumblr shit

Reminder that Sup Forums's priority on profit and which company you support is now fully embraced by Sup Forums.

It's tanking in all foreign markets too. Average 70% drop for a total of $68m from every country not called America

Pretty terrible considering its Xmas

calling us Sup Forumsedditors doesn't change the fact that the film is a flop, mousecuckteer

1.2 to 1.4 billion seems likely.

Give the franchise back to Lucas i say

>Tie the Asian character to the black guy and have her virtue signal against the exact socio-political mindset currently making China rich
>Also she's fat

I don't know what they were expecting.

this is a pretty good christmas gift id ssay

Make Sup Forums great again, motherfucker.

just rewatched this.
How did Finn drag the chink girl several miles back to the salt base, apparently faster than the AT-ATs??

Christmas will likely give a small boost off the tail-end of its life, but almost everyone who will see it will have seen it by then. Ticket sales increase over the holidays but no one waits two weeks to see a film over Christmas.

If you think Christmas will bring this in range of expectations, you're deluding yourself. Also, lobbying for a box office miracle is kind of pathetic.

He an ok idea guy, but shouldn't be let onto the director's chair.

OH NO NO NO RIAN

R1 is a shit movie

If it doesn't break 1bn it is horrible for them. It means episode 9 will not do well. It means Solo might be in big trouble. They wanted to play the Star Wars universe like the Marvel universe but it is not going as planned because they kept fucking their movies up with hogshit SJW shilling instead of staying to the monomyth.

Back to your containment board plz

Go back to your home board (we all know what it is.) This is Sup Forums. When the tumblrinas lose power (if they don't manage to make their gulags) then we'll see a shift here. Til then keep at your own website, it's bigger than this one, you'll be fine.

TLJ sucked, no amount of guilt tripping or virtue signaling will change that.

DECK
THE HALLS WITH BELLS OFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can someone explain why this movie is getting so much hate? I thought it was miles better than TFA and rogue one

Fanboys are not repeat viewing.
The Mouse is literally burning the bridge to its original fanbase in an attempt to bring in the next generation of cash cows.

Pal I'm fairly liberal and I hate all the SJW bullshit that infest western media today. Quality is declining for the sake of preventing Twitter 'outrages', it's infuriating

77% is the Friday to Friday drop.
The weekend estimate is a 68.9% drop. They expect the movie will make about $68 million this weekend as opposed to the 220 million from the opening weekend.
It's pretty fucking bad.

Right past Kylo and Luke, nonetheless

JINGLE BELLS
JINGLE BELLS
JINGLE ALL THE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

/thread

OHHHHHHHHHH NO NO NO NO

12thpbp

This had a worse second weekend than BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

Even AOU, with its dip so bad everyone was posed at the corporate head, made more than this second week.

Isn't a TIE-Fighter utter shit in the scope of things. Blocks your sight, makes you a bigger target, I mean I see these as nothing more than a disadvantage.

because fuck making sense, MUH EDGY TWISTS is what makes a story good.

OH CHRIIIISTMAS TREE OH CHRISTMAS TRAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Shit wrong thread.

How did anything after the light speed collision make sense at all?

>He fell for the rewatch it until you finally get it meme

WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHISTMAS WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Bruh

Having spent my teens in the period of the release of those movies, I can tell you for a fact that all of the critic and fan hate for those 3 films was not reaching general audiences. Review sites, shitty internet journalists, angry forums, any and all of it was not well known or cared for. Kids and adults both were always pretty excited for each new release and no one ever seemed deterred by the previous installment, going into the next.

WOMENS BTFO