What are some other popular characters the big two disrespected and tried to kill off for no reason?

What are some other popular characters the big two disrespected and tried to kill off for no reason?
Wally and Martian Manhunter and the two examples I can think of off the top of my head.
I am still not really sure why DC hates these two so much.

Martian Manhunter was always chinese-knockoff-superman

He was used in old Justice League comics because DC didn't want to use Superman too much in their Justice League comics, for fear of "over exposure"

Funny to think that mindset ever existed

As for Wally, well Barry came back, and we don't need TWO of them...

Billy Batson prior Flashpoint. Then Mary in a way.

I mean, ok, make Billy the Wizard, sure, but then you pass over Mary and give the title to fucking Freddy?!

No one in all the multiverse cared about him.

>You can't have 2 aliens or one of them is a knock off
This is seriously racist desu senpai.
>You can't have TWO of them
Yeah, it's not like there have been 2 flashes and more for almost 60 years or something.

Wanda for marvel.

>Wally was popular enough in the early 2000nds that he nearly got 2 movies made and a videogame franchise about him
>Now he can't even get a solo comic or show up in the main flash run for more than 3 panels

>Martian Manhunter was always chinese-knockoff-superman

>As for Wally, well Barry came back, and we don't need TWO of them...

You can tell casuals from how oblivious they are to Jay Garrick and all the other dozen Superman analogues.

This girl, right here.

They are still doing it as well. It never fucking ends (except when she is absent or cut off from the MU).

>Jim Lee saw this and his thought was: "gee, its okay but it could use even more yellow lightning all over the costume. Everywhere."

Elvis did

But yeah, Freddy and Mary had their own comics in the 40's. That's the last time they were really relevant or had fans, because of how badly DC screwed the franchise up.

And a chinstrap. And more sheen.

Arrow Family 2009 2010 and 2011.

>Write character for 30 years
>See him go from a child with parent issues to a teenager dealing with his political beliefs to a justice league member, watch him get married and watch him raise children
>Suddenly just written out of existence in a random issue
>Replaced by some random black kid making original Wally non cannon
This is the biggest piece of Disrespect I have ever seen in a comic book.

Wally fans are really whiners.

See They and Manhunter fans are completely justified.
>Why are you complaining that we erased your character out of existence and replaced him with a random black person? What are you, RACIST

I'm going to replace your mom with a random nigger and call you entitled if you complain.

Why do DC and Marvel hate their most loyal readers? Literally what reason is there to uncannon liked and popular characters?

She was the only Batgirl that made any sense.

Wally fans are really are racists. What you discribed cannot happened irl.

>Racist
Yeah user, you can't not like a black character no matter what or you are racist.

1. Editors and Writers can be hacks.
2. DC and Marvel top executives aren't always fanboys and care mostly about profits.
Ike Perlmutter for Marvel.
Diane Nelson for DC.

>Care about profits
Then why do they cut off popular characters and replace them with characters people don't like?

The fact that they are motivated by profits doesn't mean they're clever.

Because Big 2 makes most of their money from merchandising and adaptations. Comics are chump change in comparison.

I always found it hilarious that even Bruce worried that she was too dedicated to the mission.

Yeah, you could buy villains being afraid of her, unlike the other Batgirls that just look like cosplay sluts.

That image depresses me. All of the "I totally love superheroes" guy who has never read a comic book in his life makes up the vast majority of modern normalfags.

I still liked Stephanie as Batgirl after her.

I think you calling all Wally fans racist makes you racist. You're assuming black people can't hate a black character for being a shit black character.

Nah, that was when she got incredibly bland. She should have stayed dead.

She was better off as Spoiler. What's the point of having a bat suit if they're gonna look all cutesy and shi. If that's what they wanted for her, they should've just let her be Robin.
And yeah, she was pretty bland, specially compared to Cassandra.

Since she couldn't really talk, you also didn't get bogged down in exposition. Almost every comic had someone's ass getting whomped.

Never cared for her myself. She did have a nice friendship with Cass though. The sparring matches between them were always memorable.

>popular character
Too bad MMH was never popular. He couldn't even carry a series, and JL was selling gangbusters even without him.

He's more popular than his replacement.