Do you think the merger was a good idea? And if not, why?

Do you think the merger was a good idea? And if not, why?

It's fine, I guess.

I'd be just as good with nu52 Clark never being heard from again, but the end result of this is that we basically get post-crisis Clark being used seemlessly alongside nu52 characters, allowing us to ignore nu52 Clark even more. So I'm good with it.

his parents are still dead though. I always liked them during post-crisis stuff.

It was alright. It broke the pace of the later stories a bit but it was done with respect to continuity and addressed most of the complaints N52 fans had aside from the Superbro/Wonder Woman shippers.

I will never get the hate for Superbro. He was just as much a Superman as Superdad literally but he gets all this hate for bad stories by writers who don't understand Superman.

>but he gets all this hate for bad stories by writers who don't understand Superman.

That's why some people disliked him. He replaced a version of Superman people were accustomed and didn't had a lot of good stories to compensate. There's nothing more to it.

It was stupid. It felt like a cheap way to make everybody happy, and now we have an even bigger cluster fuck on our hands. Not to mention they never explained what divided them in the first place.

I wanted Superbro to be the true Superboy and the two of them would have awesome father and son galactic road trip adventures chugging space alcohol and being completely flustered by alien sluts

Yes but that's not on the character that's on the writers. And Pak I would say wrote him pretty well.

You know for all those that complain that Superbro was too aggressive, and not like the Superman they know I think this page right here is a pretty good explanation why.

It's convoluted comics bullshit

Characters are what writers make of them. If 90% of his stories were written like shit, then he was 90% shit.

No, it is a terrible idea with worse execution.

It is like fusioning all robins and not understanding that they are different characters with different motivations.

I keep seeing people use this analogy with the Robins when it doesn't make any sense. Unlike the Robins the two Superman are two versions of the SAME CHARACTER they have the same morals and values because they're the same character.

It's called a mystery

The problem is that they do not, it is even worse because they did it TWO TIMES!

with superman and with older lois replacing young lois, if you think you are the same person from 10 years before and you could act equally, oh boy, you sure are prone to like the fusion, because it is not really a step further to be this retarded.

Knowing why a thing you don't want to see happened doesn't make you want to see it.

it was the only real way to hit the undo button on N52 without just doing another full-on reboot or just ignoring N52 outright. It worked for what it needed to be.

Again the character isn't making the stories shit it's the shit writers who don't know how to write him.

It's as retarded as Superfag prime punching reality, and Johnsfags eat it up. Sup Forums even unironically likes superfag prime now. I blame Tumblr and plebbit crossposters.

It was a necessary idea, but there were very little ways to execute it spectacularly, and honestly the way it was executed could have been worse.

I don't even know why it even happened. This is why I don't read Superman comics.

>Not to mention they never explained what divided them in the first place.
It was a time paradox scenario, usually that ends with the universe blowing up, one version of the same person dying or both of them somehow merging to fix the fuck up.

They went through this bullshit because DC couldn't be half assed to make Supes more like his old self in the first place and couldn't be half assed to put writers better than Lobdell on the title.

Terrible idea, it's so fucking contrived.
Why couldn't we just have them learning to coexist?

Because they obviously weren't going to have two versions of the exact same Superman walking around.

it's a great idea, it slams shut the door on Superbro ever returning and his stories which all sucked can just be quietly forgotten in Superman History.

I would say this is closure for Superbro fans knowing that Superbro is the real Superman and some of his history will be kept probably to the displeasure of you Superdadfags.

>Because they obviously weren't going to have two versions of the exact same Superman walking around.
there are two Supergirls two Huntress and 7 Robins

Let me know when they've squared all this dimensional bullshit away so I can enjoy Superman comics again.

And they have separate identities? That's a terrible point. It's not like all of those Robins are named Dick Grayson, Power Girl (old) isn't on the prime earth, and Earth 2 Huntress is practically non-existant.

But the Supergirl and Powergirl and the Robins have different identities not the two Supermen though.

It was a blatant editorial mandate that resulted in a shitty story explaining it but looking forward it was a good decision. Unlike Rucka's decision to completely retcon Azzarello's WW run.

Horrible idea. They should have left it at two superdudes instead of rewriting reality *fucking again* trying to appease some fans.

It was a good idea but they fucked it up by restoring basically his entire post-Crisis history while Batman and Wonder Woman and Flash etc still don't have theirs.

It's weird having a Superman who's been around for 15+ years with a Justice League that's been around for 5.

Im wondering if the resolution of the Manhattan plot line at this point is just gonna be everyone getting their post-Crisis histories mostly restored like Superman's.

All I hope is that when Kon comes back that he wears the kryptonian new 52 armor.

>not this

yep not that 90 shit

I'm sure it will, but everything stems from Superman once you have his history straight you can focus on everyone else, everything spins off of Superman.

Batman's mostly okay the timeline is shrunk but the New 52 didn't add anything new other than Zero Year.

No. My issue with it is that practically deletes Superbro as most of the most important plotlines and the status quo are directly derived from Superdad and Superbro's most important plotlines are all tied up to his death which still had to happen but not really(which also raises the question of how the fuck did Kenan come to be). None of Superbro's status quo really matters, the merged Superman is essentially a Superdad who wore Superbro's uniform.

It made continuity more convoluted with absolutely no gain for either Superbro or Superdad fans. Granted, this also means that if you only like Superdad you didn't lose much and Superbro was dead so if you only liked him you were screwed regardless of the merge.

I wouldn't say all Superbro's stories are gone. I mean who's to say that the merged Superman didn't go through most of the New 52 stories? As long as it doesn't involve his relationship with Wonder Woman most of stories could have still happened one way or another.

Yes, but most of them are just normal super hero arcs without a big impact so whether they happened most of the times is not that important.
And then most of the important ones Superbro had that aren't league related are, what? Doomed? H'el? And they didn't change much in the grand scheme of things.

After that there's just the arcs tied to Superbro's death which the merged one can't have.

That said I was mistaken, they did keep Martha dead from Superboy. I got so used to the Kents being dead I forgot that part.

I am satisfied with the history he has now up until this point. It just doesn't work in the context of the rest of the universe and it's characters.

This is pretty good. What is it?

Batman/Superman 2013 #2

Hackery at it's finest.

>After that there's just the arcs tied to Superbro's death which the merged one can't have.

You seem to think that the most important stories Superbro had only happened after DCYou.

No.

Should have stayed separate

The character isn't making the stories shit because the character isn't real, buddy.
A character is as good as the stories it's in, and most of his stories were trash.

They should have merged in mind only, no continuity bullshit.