Worm Thread?

This is Skitter, say something nice about her.

Is worm really Sup Forums yet? Id love to have this thread, and /lit/ isnt the place to have it, but I've yet to see a lot of worm related Sup Forums stuff other than a few pretty good fanarts.

She was a psychopath and hypocrite that deserved everything bad that ever happened to her

literally no board wants it, sometimes /tg/ has a stat thread about it. Also Skitter was way to hard on herself.

She saved the world that should count for something.

Worm is pretty neat, better use of powers than most comics. Even still someone like Clockblocker could have done way more with his power than he does.

I will forever be mad about how shitty the story treated Grue after he was turned into a fridge, he deserved better all around.

>92083674
Her Warlord outfit with the combat skirt was the best version of her costume but there's literally no fanart of it besides pic related

I've seen Worm threads on Sup Forums before, it's kind of unclear what other boards it exactly belongs in besides /lit/, but let's be honest that is never going to happen, but Sup Forums (because it's capeshit) and /tg/ (because it has an official game and /tg/ talks about anything as long as the setting is interesting) seem to usually fit.

Grue going from reasonable leader guy to kinda nothing or just paralyzed fear sucked, it would have been cool if he grew put of it, but you had no time for that with the time sip. Also wish the Chicago wards needed far stronger characterization and connection to Taylor.

Good enough for me, and I agree that /lit/ has it's head way too far up its own ass to admit enjoying worm. Favorite arc?

I still like the later arcs quite a lot but the earlier stuff has time for the characters to breathe and talk to each other. Taylor shopping with the Undersiders and talking about trigger events was a cool connection to make with the characters even Regent showed how he could sympathize with Taylor in his own way.

The timeskip fucked up just about everything it possibly could've. I'm going to chalk it up to wildbow writing himself into a box with the whole "the world ends in two years" thing and trying to make the best of the situation. Fortunately, that portion of the book is getting pretty heavy rewrites in preparation for an actual retail release.

I still can't remember anything about the individual Chicago Wards besides Golem.

Bringing in new endbringers was dumb and unneeded, the timeskip just should not have happened. Give Skitter and the Chicago Wards characterization and interactions as they dismantle criminals across north America show how scary Taylor is when she is driven to a goal and have her and Grace butt heads.

The arcs right after Leviathan but excluding the 9 and the Travelers until she turns face.

Golem was defined by the time he met Jack. The Chicago Wards well, Tecton is a good leader type guy kinda stiff, Cuff is a scaredy cat, Grace can be argumentative but it is all kinda shallow. Also their powers are kinda boring compared to Brockton Bay Wards.

Definitely the Warlord arcs, the story first started having real problems like way too fast pacing around then but it was overall one of my favourite city level stories, also Slaughterhouse 9 were pretty good villains.

Worm had really good potential as a street cape story. Wildblow pulled of the bigger stuff pretty well, but really if you wanted a world ending scenario you could have just used regular characters that have been developed over time as the main antagonist instead of autistic gold superman. I really wanted it to be Golem vs Skitter or something to that effect.

I don't know, I guess I'm just a sucker for the huge, ancient aliens, weird, out there world ending stuff. The concept of the shards, the endbringers, and the entities was my favorite part of the story, even though I can recognize that they worse some of the worst paced/written arcs.

I'm not going to say Wildblow didn't pull off all of the big stuff cause he really did. But having the alien stuff as cool background stuff that could drive the characters motives would have been cooler but it would also be a totally different story. When the Endbringers were first brought up early in the story it was right before the bank job and just the way Skitter and Tattletale were talking about them they sounded like some sort of doomsday cult Then Leviathan shows up and I'm just shocked that it's this 30 foot tall water monster. Man Leviathan killed a lot of fucking characters.

The original plan was that Worm was supposed to be way shorter and only one story of many that take place in that universe, that's why the blog is called "Parahumans" and not just "Worm".

In the end Wildbow decided to stick with Worm but if he had stuck with the original plan he probably would've came up with a better way of explaining the whole stuff about the entities from other POVs without having to involve Taylor in any way.

Finally I can talk about the nightmares behemoth gave me after reading about it jesus christ.

Bonesaw was worse, Skitter on the operating table, the fucking amnesia plague, the Blasto puppet. Every time Bonesaw was in a scene, I just wanted that freak to die.

there is genuinely a worm cartoon coming unless wildbow or the network fucks it up

hold your hands in prayer, if it happens it will be good, I know who will be behind it and it's the best possible news

Dude don't say shit like that, it would never happen and even if it did no one would have a budget for something like that. We can't even get good Marvel or DC cartoons.

I swear to god it's true, but just wait, I suppose

>If your happy and you know it clap your hands.
Time skip was bad and alexandria dying was pointless but thankfully it all picks back up during the behemoth battle and the final extended fight between khepri and [___] is among my top five fights of all time.

I won't complain if it EVER became real, but it would be the most shocking cartoon project I would have seen greenlit.

Not that I believe the spoilered post either but Wildbow straight up said that there is a about a 1/20 chance that a network would buy the rights to his story (it got close enough that he was even negotiating with some of them, though he never said what the result was) and if that passes another 1/50 chance that they would bother making something out of it instead of just sitting on the script.

I mean it's still really damn low chances but better than I ever expected them to be.

I personally was laughing my ass off with how the Echidna fight ended. Bitch (no not that bitch) got what was coming to her.

That is probably cause studios and/or networks like locking down scripts or rights to properties in general. But yeah who knows, as long as we aren't in the darkest timeline and Pact gets greenlit for HBO or some shit.

>Cartoon Network takes Twig

Worst timeline or Greatest?

I literally just started on Twig but it does seem like it would be a pretty popular setting.

Coil was the best villain. It's a shame the person he pretended to be was better than the person he really was. He could have been a really great Xanatos figure if he weren't so eager to hurt and use children.

Never heard that, but it makes a lot of sense. The miss militia backstory interlude that gave us the first glimpse of entities and shards and all that shit got me so fucking hyped when I read it. A lot of the best set up for Scion and shit was told from other perspectives, but a lot of my least favorite parts of the story were from other perspectives as well. Sometimes he just nailed it (Most Powerful Man in the World) and sometimes the other perspectives were a complete miss (Travelers arc, Golem PoV).

Keep reading. Hands down the best wildbow writing and the least marketable as a cartoon out of all of his works. Although I would laugh my ass off if cartoon Network tried to pull it off.

The problem with the Travelers arc was that Kraus and Cody were absolutely fucking insufferable and both of them needed to die. FUCK Cody, Accord deserved so much better.

What the fuck was his problem?

He was super paranoid it made him hard to work with/for, even if he paid well

With Accord I just yelled WHY, I liked the Ambassadors as a concept too.

Half of the Golem POV was good, and I liked Genesis in the travelers interlude, but yeah shifting from one character to another is hard to do, and you don't know if your reader will like it every time you do it.

Why is some of the most interesting stuff not even in the story but explained outside of it in forum posts that are scattered all over?

He probably puts everyone to sleep in a collective dream or some shit, even if he was supposed to have his power undefined.

It could be a cool arc on its' own, but a lot of it would go toward describing how all this stuff works to the reader and the other characters. Which was a big problem of Pact's.

Again, Worm was supposed to be a lot of different stories, not just Taylor's. It's unfortunate because some portions of Pact (Girl in the Checkered Scarf) and a lot of Twig paint the picture of Wildbow being able to play with a lot of very different Main Characters.

I'm on arc 16 and goddamn this motherfucker is a slog half the time.

Tattletale is best girl

Fights can get a bit too involved.

She is the second most developed character easily.

No fucking kidding. Was he trying to pad out chapters by being overly descriptive or something?

Wildblow, or really anyone could get the SAME level of description of an actions scene with less words, and give the characters a chance to think about others things. More banter and or personality coming through the characters that have to deal with these situations.

I saw a theory someone put forward, he could turn people into sleeper agents for him then wake them all up at once

That's just a shittier valefor.

That doesn't seem like a serious enough power for even Khepri to consider him more trouble than he's worth.

Yeah and valefor was a dumb cuck who could have been a top tier S class threat

It makes sense that a shitter version is still S

It pulled a midichlorians.
You never pull a midichlorians.

Wildbow always has serious problems with scope and focus.

I'm betting on the theory that he's a proximity based master/hivemind thing that jumps between the various bodies and that the master effect field centers on wherever the awake sleeper is at any given moment.

Also the theory that sleeper is somehow connected to abandon.

What's a more potent power? Valefor or [Spoiler] Khepri [/spoiler]

Imagine Jack or the true best and smartest villain [Spoiler] Marquis [/spoiler] with Valefors power

In her defense she is constantly influenced by a conflict driven alien parasite.

Unlimited parallel actions beat Valefor's power, bassically by shear force it just snowballs into a fucking monster, even if it Vale's power was used by someone who wasn't a fuck up.

You mean the entities?

Those things had been foreshadowed at for the whole damh story. Miss militia's interlude, bonesaw talking about the power granting brain organ, Bonesaw giving powers to clones using dna, cauldron's grumblings about a looming danger. It's all there.

I want aberrant 2e to come out so I can try and run worm in it.

It really seems like the sort of thing that if you know it is influencing you then you can easily ignore it, Reilly being a good example of this.

I've tried getting into this so many times but I always end up giving up/getting stuck. It's so fucking long sweet jesus.
It sucks that there aren't any decent summaries out there either, I want to know more about how they defeat scion.

But Taylor was one of the capes who happened to be incredibly in tune with her shard

A black hole is made and the four heroes come out of the juju and that's it.

They bully him. Seriously.

>final conflict in an anti-bullying story is resolved by bullying

Fuck
I know the general outline, I just can't find the scene. I guess I wish I could pick apart all the scion moments by them self really
DEEPEST

Yeah and when she realized she was unconsciously screwing people over it was a wake up call and that shit never happened again. Taylor's "bad" decisions mostly come down to the fact that she does not value herself at all.

Buddy, just read the damn thing. Yeah, it's long as fuck, but that means more good content. It's worth it, I promise.

>HBO's Pact.

I can't even imagine what that would look like.

They keep showing him his dead girlfriend over and over again until he just snaps and he lets the heroes kill him. If he was more mature he would have just let it slide off him but he had no emotional fortitude at all.

Worm is the result of several different rough drafts of other cape stories, I guess Wildbow still has alot of those ideas bouncing around in his head.

Not all of its good. Honestly it'd be great if a good editor went through and helped trim the fat.

That doesn't sound like a matter of maturity.

Like True Blood, probably with the same kind of fanbase too.

It kind of is a matter of mental maturity in the sense that his kind do not these filters at all, he is an autistic god and the final arc is him becoming more an individual that can function on his own.

How's True Blood? I just know that it's the raunchy Vampire show.

I could get behind Blake being played by Stephen Amell.

Actually decent, years back HBO marathoned like three seasons and it had good characters and the episodes weren't blatant filler.

A couple of arcs are a drag and most fight scenes involving more than like 5 people can be a real brick wall to get through but I assure you you'd appreciate having read most of the thing. Wildbow isn't Hussie.

Fuck Blake, fuuuuck Rose, fuck Conquest, Evan is cool though. Terrible characters Jesus Christ.

Disagree. Blake can be a great character if you rework him a little bit.

It's probably the easiest Wildbow property to adapt. It only starts getting really fucky in the Abyss and in the last third

Absolutely true, but he ain't and it is super frustrating. I thought that Blake and Rose would have had a cool odd couple thing working together while humorously bickering but instead it was paranoia on both sides of the relationship and it just sucked hard.

Well I'm through a little more than half of it honestly the only reason I keep reading is because I've been spoiled about much of the rest of the story. I keep waiting for these moments of payoff and when they I'm underwhelmed and try to hope the next one will be it. I can see why people love Worm so much but I'm just not feeling it.

It would also be the property that would do best with a rewrite to the story, characters, and even the rules of magic. Seriously the whole not lying thing is a headache to make the protagonists life more difficult, and it doesn't need to be. Lying is obviously something you should let your protagonist do if they are out gunned and everyone wants to kill them. Works for Constantine that's for damn sure.

I guess Worm really isn't for you, then. You tried.

Well if you've been spoiled than yeah it would hurt your enjoyment, but also Wildblow isn't the most technically proficient writer, at least in Worm and Pact, Twig seems better but I'm on the first chapter.

>Well if you've been spoiled than yeah it would hurt your enjoyment
Science says the opposite is true.

What the fucking shit? I've literally never heard of this before until my friend rec'd it to me a month ago. I just finished a few days ago and have been looking up all the supplemental info I can. even the RP game they made.

Same boat as you then dude.

She deserved nothing that happened to her and I'm still pissed about the ending.

It's integral to the magic system. Having to catch someone in a lie ties back to the Fae and the old timey expectations and values set by the Seal of Solomon, telling skewed truths to mislead leads back to the interpretative angle of magic.

Hell the whole point of why Blake fucks up so much is that he's a fairly decent, honest person who tried to escape his backstabbing cunt family. It's only in returning does he realize that there's an entire hidden magical world built on nothing but being backstabbing cunts.

What versions of superman would lose to mrs flying brick?

>Hell the whole point of why Blake fucks up so much is that he's a fairly decent, honest person who tried to escape his backstabbing cunt family. It's only in returning does he realize that there's an entire hidden magical world built on nothing but being backstabbing cunts.

Exactly it's the best part of the setting.

DCAU.

Greg is worst boy, even worse than Colin. Regent had good character arc, I legit cried.

Accord did nothing wrong

He didn't kill Cody, that was a mistake.

If he's so smart how come he hasn't solved world hunger?