Who was in the right here?

Who was in the right here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tk6UeI9mujE&feature=youtu.be&t=56s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is like two fanboys bickering about who's more badass, Superman or Batman.

Or more accurately, Snakeyes or Optimus Prime.

I have no idea. I'm more likely to find the guy boasting bigger douche.

The bottom one is the writer of the comic on the right assuming the same name means anything.

Who the fuck cares about GI Joe? Didn't it have like, two flop movies next to Transformers' retarded popularity?

I don't know, I think it's a bit different considering the comic literally says "the crown jewel of the hasbro universe" on the cover. It would be like if they came out with a new Batman comic that said "The Best DC superhero!" on it. Have to admit that would be a bit weird and definitely triggering to Superman fans.

That's sure is a funny definition of what "Crown Jewel" is, considering how Hasbro treats the GI Joe property.

I'll give a shit about GI Joe is you hurry up and show the Inhumanoids, IDW.

Ball's in your court.

>GI Joe
>crown jewel

This, basically. They had their chance to make the property relevant not once, but four times.

Renegades was wasted potential, Resolute was on at like 3am on Adult Swim, and the less said about Rise of Cobra the better

Retaliation was a step in the right direction but they're too scared to follow it up this late.

Doesn't help that Retaliation was delayed by almost a year, and the toyline was a big step back from things like the Pursuit of Cobra and 30th Anniversary toylines.

>GI Joe
>Relevant
>Ever

Man, Resolute was so great.

Best CC of them all.

It actually was pretty relevant...from like, the 1960s to the 1990s.

Some of the Modern Era stuff was actually pretty decent, from maybe 2007 to 2012, but Hasbro's biggest issue is that they have no idea how to get people interested in the stories, toys, and they've put out two largely forgettable movies, and they were piss-poor about creating a retail presence.

1/18 scale has always been hard to move, at least in recent years due to a number of factors. Disney even canceled their Star Wars Black Series 1/18 line.

The only 1/18-ish line I know of that's doing well is Maschinen Krieger, and that's more because they're dieselpunk model kits than anything else.

What about those 'Military Corps' things that flood the shelves of Wal Mart? Those must be doing well.

>flood the shelves of Wal Mart
>doing well
That's... not really how those things work...

Those things are like, $1 or 2 each.

On the other hand, there are smaller military lines like the Acid Rain figures and stuff that seem to do well.

The Transformers movies give Hasbro all its money, while G.I. Joe is going through another reboot.

Shut up, Boco. No one cares.

About Inhumanoids? Sad but true.

both of thse guys are dumb compared to scioli he just used both

Another reboot, huh? Honestly they've tried Sup Forums and Sup Forums, maybe if they want to revitalize the Joe property they need to look to Sup Forums and branch out from there.

The colorful cast itself is more than enough to differentiate it from other shooters.

the only right here is that Revolution was/is a mistake

Transformers has a toyline. GI Joe does not.

Which is more important?

This.

>I agree with Boco

Welp time to commit suicide

>G.I. Joverwatch

Literally who

Looks like asshole vs douchebag.

>facts is facts
What facts though? G.I. Joe has been barely treading water these days. Also the interiors look like pseudo-anime trash.

The Transformers guy, but not because of the original cartoon or toys but because of Michael Bay's movies making fucktons of money every time they come out

So transformers but for reasons transformers fans may not want to talk about

I just don't understand why they don't do something more grim n gritty like Ellis's GI Joe Resolute Animated Feature and Costa's Cobra. Both of these approaches were well received and could be expanded upon for a mainline story and toyline though they wouldn't be family friendly but given certain toy designers at Hasbro think the future is appealing to adult tastes, why not give it a try instead of doing stuff like Renegades or trying to integrate GI Joe into the TF universe.

>why they don't do something more grim n gritty like Ellis's GI Joe Resolute Animated Feature and Costa's Cobra.

They did. They didn't sell. Thats why they had to go with the wacky sci-fi approach.

Popular =/= good
I'd be down for a third Joe movie but I gave up on Bayformers (and Bay Turtles and Bay anything) after the second one.

>they need to look to Sup Forums
One of those toys-to-life games would be great.

As someone who doesn't give a shit about either, I was under the impression that Transformers is about a million times more popular and presumably profitable.

That's because Hasbro went the cheap route for the first wave. The only two molds worth a damn during the first wave was the G.I. Joe soldier and Red Ninja.

Hasbro relented in the next waves following and we got figures close to the same quality as Pursuit and 30th Anniversary.

That's because only now are they realizing it. Why G.I. Joe 3 is supposedly taking place in the TF universe and going to introduce M.A.S.K. concepts to spinoff.

Going by toy sales (the only thing Hasbro cares about) the answer of which franchise is Hasbro's "crown jewel" is pretty consistent over the last six years:

Any year when there's a new Transformers movie: Transformers

Any year when there isn't one: My Little Pony

That's where the profits are.

Transformers sales tend to be bigger than anything else the company has but they spike and then fall quickly when there isn't new content. Which is why they'll never stop making movie sequels.

GI Joe hasn't been their top franchise since the 80's.

This.

GI Joe is more than the ARAH franchise(albeit that is what that comic is based on), its basically Hasbro's claim to toy history in that it basically created the modern concept of an action figure(scale is irrelevant). For that reason it'll always hold historical prominence over anything new; like how disney promoted Mickey Mouse as a mascot even though other characters where way more popular in movies and tv shows.

Conversely, Hasbro didn't "really" create Transformers, yes, they made the characters and storylines, but they licensed the toys from takara originally, and while they contribute to Transformers, it feels hard to say its their crown jewel considering they aren't the oldest or most historically relevant toyline they have. I mean, Hasbro owns a LOT. And Transformer's big resurgence in popularity is only about 10 years old. It never went away, but Hasbro certainly had more popular lines between the first G1 boom and the 07 movie boom. They had the Pokemon license back when that was a big deal.
Hasbro doesn't even make the best Transformers toys; 3Ps and Takara acting independently of Hasbro make the best products.

Yeah, I mean, except for the billions of dollars made from the Transformers movies (terrible as they are. they're on the 5th one), the animated commercial (transformers has had a cartoon running on television every year since the 90s), and the massive toy line.

Shut up, Boco.

>Hasbro doesn't even make the best Transformers toys

That is only a recent thing due to the cuts in the toy production budgets due to a variety of factors including big retailers like Wal-Mart, but also Hasbro management realizing people don't care about good toys. Before then they were easily outdoing 3ps and Takara at a fraction of the cost.

They already did, also shut the fuck up Boco.

I never really agreed with Aubrey's "Crown Jewel" title but I find it funny how fucking triggered the Robotfuckers get because of it so more power to Aubrey.

Fatal Fluffies aren't Inhumanoids.

I still have fond memories of the GI Joe video game I played as a kid. Sometimes I even find myself whistling the COBRA theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=tk6UeI9mujE&feature=youtu.be&t=56s

>Renegades was wasted potential,

Fucking right it was. Shame one of the head dudes died and we never got another season.