Steven Universe

4 days or less to go until the shitstorm commences.

Do you think Topaz and Aquamarine could be actually threatening despite their appearance?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!JotHkR6Y!giZlsdwr_k5ULQAIJKWrsw
youtube.com/watch?v=GWW5QgMtxII
stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/post/158068327175/all-su-stans-and-crewniverse-this-is-lapis
stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/post/160213385460/critical-opal-badstevenuniversescreencaps
stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/post/160262755520/bismuthspartnerincrime-nitpick-universe?is_related_post=1
stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/post/158790566555/cursedbarn-listen-acting-like-su-is-still-an
stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/post/158197163670/kid-mommy-tell-me-a-scary-story-me-okay-once
stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/tagged/su-critical
stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/post/158345134900/tiredruby-centiprincess-turns-out-us-su
circuitry-of-fright.tumblr.com/post/157800677342/criticaleyeball-angstyamethyst-suwhat?is_related_post=1
the-crits.tumblr.com/post/158692420323/rancorousruby-sneak-peak-at-steven-universe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Aquamarine's voice sounds like a little girl.
>Aquamarine turns out to just be another smug midget

I'm disappointed

remember, /sug/ comes back after the TV talkback

Topaz already looks threatening. Aquamarine looks like a fairy that needs to be rescued.

I really want Topaz to have the little girls voice and Aquamarine have a deep man voice like the woman in Superjail or Venture Bros

Weren't the episodes supposed to be released early online ? Like tomorrow ?

>gems are sent to gather the other humans that Steven mentioned
>they arrive at night
>they ignore the light pollution from our massive cities
>they ignore the other towns they can see as they land onto the planet
>they ignore all of the other people in beach city and wherever Connie lives
>they actually continue their mission despite the fact the obvious misunderstanding from peridot's report from way back then

Gems confirmed autistic and retarded?

Why does aquamarine look like a cross between that ice withc from tohuou and madeline

Things that are too good too happen

Because the animators get spanked if they don't try to reference something obscure or if they use too many details

Well, basing on what has been shown so far, the whole Gem Empire is composed entirely of retards and lead by a somewhat competent giraffe and a woman who literally cant stop crying.

So yeah, it's hard for me to think of a more incompetent alien civilization that's isn't purposefully a joke

I heard they will leak them tomorrow, was I rused?

I also thought Madeline and was surprised more people weren't pointing it out.

>society composed entirely of women
>everyone is incompetent and cries

Pottery

Being a weeb is a requirement for working on SU

To be fair, we haven't seen White Diamond yet.

God damn, this show is deliberately being boring between bombs. They know at this point, most people only care about plot, and not Onion's fucking friends. I'm hoping this next bomb is good, so I can fuck off again until the next plot-related batch of episodes comes.

i like the new cristal gews

the entire bomb is actually coming out tomorrow on the app

Topaz has hilariously tiny legs and a barrel chest, she's not even remotely feminine

Aqua is okay except for the lack of a FUCKING NOSE and her hairline is shit

I'm still pissed they fired the background guy from season 1 because "not enough money for his salary" but then they went and hired numerous people from tumblr

What's the chance her fairy wings actually flap?

I'm going to laugh so hard if they don't even animate them and they just statically not move

Source? Never heard about this, and it would explain some things (not everything) about what's been going on with this show

Isn't that pretty much how Lapis' wings are

[citation needed]

I don't have the pic but yeah he's gone. And I've never found the source on it being for money but they let him go, so what else could it be?

Kevin Dart?

I can understand why they'd let him go after the crew got a handle of his BG's. He's done waay more profilic work and costed a pretty penny.

Kevin Dart is an expensive and busy man. The backgrounds still look great though. That's really the least of the show's problems...What an odd thing to complain about.

It would have been interesting if the diamonds had gems that were mentally children who they cherished because they were so cute. I mean Rubies are already mentally children, and Quartz are mentally mid teenagers.

I thought people bitch that sugar doesn't spank at all?

I like the 12oz Mouse gem. She doesn't afraid of anything and is the prettiest.

Yellow Diamond acts more like a man honestly.

>new gems get beaten
>topaz finally speaks : enough! Let me even the numbers
>AWAKEN
>3 new ancient gems revealed

This. Sugar literally does nothing in the show

>4 days

More like a few hours when CN uploads the whole bomb on their app

>Do you think Topaz and Aquamarine could be actually threatening despite their appearance?

I think they'll be mildly threatening at first, and then be handled incredibly poorly, and then the whole situation in be resolved way too quickly in the most retarded way possible, and the consequences will all be shuffled off into a dark corner until 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through Season 5, and then that will also be resolved way too quickly in the most retarded way possible.

And then I'll stop giving a shit entirely.

No form of discussion ACTUALLY happens there.

i think they looked at peridot's first ever communication with steven. he mentions the people topaz has kidnapped (lars, onion, the mailman) and that's why aquamarine asks for "my dad"

They don't really care. The "Rebellion" exists because little effort is put into making them follow orders.

because its banned until like a week after the episodes are actually watched by everyone

Part of that is witty but I'm worried that the fans are going to feel like the rug was pulled out from under them. Especially with the voice being a child and clearly implying it's somehow Steven's child

Few hours?

Would thought it would be at midnight.

it will probably be around midnight or around friday evening like last time

Can I ask for a MEGA? Need to catch up all the way since September episodes

Straight from /sug/.
mega.nz/#F!JotHkR6Y!giZlsdwr_k5ULQAIJKWrsw

This sounds about right. This show's biggest failure to reach its full potential stems from the crew lacking the balls to commit to a long-term change in setting and circumstance for the characters. Season 1 did a good job treading the line between episodic and serial, but the cohesion between episodes in later seasons feel more like oil and water.

Also, I miss Steven's deeper, more realistically kiddish voice. Why did it change so much recently?

Topaz better be like Whammu

youtube.com/watch?v=GWW5QgMtxII

His voice actor went through puberty.

How did puberty make his voice higher and more raspy?

Trying to sound like a boy again. Steven doesn't age, but his VA does.

>And then I'll stop giving a shit entirely.
How many times have you said that in the past?

Wasn't Sugar making a big deal about Season 5?
Something about writing themselves into a corner?

>Also, I miss Steven's deeper, more realistically kiddish voice.

I don't. I don't get why people complain like with Dipper and Star and how they sound too young for their age. Why would you want them to sound young anyway?

Their current voices match their personality fine.

Steven has matured a lot in comparison to the start.

Get it right people.
stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/post/158068327175/all-su-stans-and-crewniverse-this-is-lapis

So is there a reason why we're not watching Milo Murphy's Law? Because that's a much better show.

The difference is so day and night that I'd rather they just let the character age with the voice actor.

My issue is that Steven sounds even younger in recent episodes. Maybe it's just me though since I haven't seen anyone point this out before.

stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/post/160213385460/critical-opal-badstevenuniversescreencaps

They actually did change his voice actor after Alone Together.

No they didn't

It's Zach Callison, same as always

No.

Leelah Alcorn voiced him in the pilot and the episodes up until Alone Together.

After her suicide, Zachary Callison took over.

This is you right now.
stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/post/160262755520/bismuthspartnerincrime-nitpick-universe?is_related_post=1

Stop.

stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/post/158790566555/cursedbarn-listen-acting-like-su-is-still-an
This is why I watch Star Vs.

>being this triggered
Fucking SU stans I swear.
stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/post/158197163670/kid-mommy-tell-me-a-scary-story-me-okay-once

Fuck it, here's a master list of why SU sucks.
stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/tagged/su-critical
You're welcome.

This guy is woke as fuck.
Subscribed.

no, this bomb is going to be shit and nothing is actually going to happen, it will just be build-up to stuff that may or may not happen or be executed well in season five

stevenuniverse-critical.tumblr.com/post/158345134900/tiredruby-centiprincess-turns-out-us-su
Agreed.

>a randoms Tumblr gets linked repeatedly in near one minute intervals

really makes you think

Season 5 is going to shit too.
One of the leaked episodes is Lars' Head.

Fucking SU Stan.
Get triggered.
circuitry-of-fright.tumblr.com/post/157800677342/criticaleyeball-angstyamethyst-suwhat?is_related_post=1

Dude, not everyone likes SU.

Find a better blog to post at least

>Bright colors
But hasn't SU always had bright colors?

Aquamarine looks like the bastard child of Cirno and Stan Marsh

Imma just wait here until the episodes get posted and everyone rages at how awful they were.

Is this what you bastards like?

The episodes will uploaded to the CN app tomorrow. Not sure when, but people will be discussing the episodes as soon as they're distributed online.

>Slice of Life
This has been a thing since forever though.

but people are shitting on them before they've even aired, why not join

I like to pretend I'm better than that, user.

Forgot the link
the-crits.tumblr.com/post/158692420323/rancorousruby-sneak-peak-at-steven-universe

Didn't people like the last bomb though? I don't think any of the bombs were received poorly outside of the Sardonyx one.

I've seen theories where that's exactly what Pink Diamond was: young and childlike, making her apparent murder hit so much harder to the gems of Homeworld

>but people are shitting on them before they've even aired
And that's because?
SU Critical is on a roll right now.

Could be. But I feel that the current climate of the fan base might need more than a bomb to fix it's cynicism.

SU is cool to hate on tumblr now.

I want to go back to Jailbreak.

Take me back in time when everything was nice.

I dunno, it worked the last time.
Mind you, the effects were temporary, but the fanbase was satisfied for a while.

SU was never nice.
I'm glad people are joining the resistance.

Maybe they shouldn't put so much stock into a children's cartoon and grow up and move on with their lives?

Looking at you Sup Forums. Stop watching shows for 7 year olds.

If anything false hope created by the bomb could amplify the eventual hate considering the show's track record.

> resistance

Found the faggot

Jailbreak sucked.

Lord get a life. And stop shilling your dumbass crybaby blog about a mediocre show.

Found the SU stan.

I agree completely, SU is agressivley mediocre as fuck.
But how is SU Critical "a crybaby blog"?

How is it not? Just looks like some fat tumblrite who hopped on board the show during the Jailbreak period.

And yet you're here, typing on a Sup Forums thread, user.