How do you correctly write a break up in tv shows/comics without making most of the readers pissed off?

How do you correctly write a break up in tv shows/comics without making most of the readers pissed off?

Was wondering about how they'll handle pic-related. Also want to know of any examples of well written breakups.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/all
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How do you correctly write a break up in tv shows/comics
>without making most of the readers pissed off?
You don't

Is Jackie the same age as Star?

Yes she is
Girls are all over the place developmentally at 14

>without making most of the readers pissed off
I mean, most people don't care about Jackie anyway
It's a bit unfortunate; she's a bit too "normal" for the show but her last 2 appearances made it seem like there was a little more of something to her

What makes you think Marco will magically fall in love with Star and drop Jackie just like that?

Why would they make a character in a kids' show so curvy?

Dude she's like 14, a lot of girls look like that at that age.

She's so amazingly thicc compared to everyone else. Is there something in the water she drinks?

Her legs are strong from all that skating
Also mermaid genes

She skates, she's got the skater bod.

Which is what pisses me off when tumblr draws her fat, it literally defys all logic. Fat people cannot skateboard.

The fact that he ditched her in the middle of dates at least three times already

This

It's like you shits never went to high school or something.

Star is just the anomaly here.

I guess by making it seem like the relationship was a mistake in the first place. There's still a good number of Makorra stans that carried over from Book 1 but a lot of people who were neutral or outright hated the love triangle in the first place were relieved when they finally broke up in the second after seeing how shitty their relationship was.

when I was 18 on spring break I mistook a girl for being no younger than 17 who turned out to be fucking 13.

Thank god nothing happened

You don't. Shippingtards (not talking about everyone who has a ship, just those who care about the ship more than the show) only care if their OTP is together, not how well written the show or the relationship is.

imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/all

Just browse the Hall of Anal Devastation to see how toxic and hateful some people can get over a pairing.

For those of us invested in pairings but not obsessed, as long as you make it believable and not over some new trait that contradicts the character in order to kill the relationship (i.e. turning Jackie from an understanding nice girl to a controlling bitch), people who actually care about the story over the pairing will be fine.

Because some girls are curvy. It makes her stand out. Also, she's the crush of one of the main characters, who has admitted he doesn't know much about her and put her on a pedestal, making her curvier and prettier than the other girls makes that kind of feeling more believable and relate-able

>like the relationship was a mistake in the first place
I really hope they don't do that with Marco and Jackie. They're not bad in any way, they just can't really connect and Marco isn't giving a lot of effort. Star distracting Marco isn't really helping either.

I looked up pics of female skater bods but none of them matched Jackie's thiccness. What gives?

Artistic liberty
And I'm not complaining

more starcuck pls

>without making most of the readers pissed off?
You don't and you shouldn't care. You focus on make good character interactions. IF the fans don't like it then they can go make their own fucking thing.

You can't.

>the anomaly here
You mean in America right?

Because he's retarded.

Why do we want a cucked star more than a happy star

I want to see what a cucked Jackie looks like
Will the show even give any attention to it?

You can't

You make the MC write insulting letters, sign them falsely and send them to their SO and enemy, so he/she could manipulate them into fighting each other, just because it's fun to watch.

Also, you make the ex fall for the retard in the show, who suddenly became competent and virtuous, so the MC is perma-cockblocked.

Who said they'll break up?

Jackie's too chill and understanding for that to be fun to watch, it's best when literal autists like Star get cucked.

Pretty much all the rules of foreshadowing and narrative storytelling

Still hope it isn't messy though (it will be)

Yeah, that might actually get people to have sympathy for Jackie

And we all know she can't be an actual character

It's a good thing they won't break up

How have they not fucked yet? She's clearly sex-hungry for him.

Check out female dancers, skaters (ice or roller) who are serious contender types and you'll find that their upper leg muscles are like powerful and awesome. Long family experience with a national champion artistic roller skater in the family (sister).

The show neither confirmed nor denied that they did

Because 14 is young for that even now, and because you gotta be kidding to have Disney in a kids show let young teens screw even offscreen.

Bunches of fanfic items have suggested that they left the concert and did the deed; Marco clearly says they had to get home by 9:30 for curfew in the live chat.

Links to fanfics?

Nah, I'm sure they'll be fine. They're great together.

The only way I know this character is shad's comic

I already hate this character. Fucking whore

user you sound a bit singed.

That's still plenty of time to fuck in the car before you leave the parking lot. Or at least get a BJ on the drive back.

Her character in the show is nothing like it

Don't jump the gun, there's at least 2 seasons to go, Star won't get the prize yet. Nefcy will continue to act out her cuckquean fetish with the show for some time to come.

Are you dropping this show the moment Starco becomes canon in the beginning of season 3?

They will just completely write her off the show like Alfonso and ferguson, never bringing her up again so they don't have to address the breakup

Or maybe Marco will mention it briefly stating things just didn't work out
And that's it

You're right, Jackie should be ok Star confessed to Marco and be ok for him to abandon her and go after Star. Jackie should be figuratively a cuck, not a literal one.

Is it bad that I want to fucc Jaccie?

Starco isn't happening that soon but if it did it wouldn't be sustainable for 2+ seasons and Star would eventually get cucked again, maybe by Kelly or Hekapoo or even Janna.

Technically yes but pretty much everyone will agree with you

>imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/all

I'm so fucking happy I got into One Piece around the age this sort of infection starts, holy shit.

Janna will steal Marco before Kelly gets a chance

Fpbp

You forgot that you have to ignore the previous conflicts you set up between the MC and his gf and have the MC suddenly be horny out of nowhere instead of doing something with his and hers morality or physical bodies being incompatible

Been like 4 years but that was still so fucking bad, FINN SPENT MORE TIME WHINING ABOUT THEM BREAKING UP THAN THEY SPENT INTERACTING AS A COUPLE FUCK YOU SHOW