Has the debate gone too far?

Has the debate gone too far?

If it takes place on christmas it's a christmas movie.

My mother says that it is not a Christmas movie just because it happens at Christmas. Obviously I'm not going to spend Christmas with my family if she is going to be there.

this.

im3, planes trains & automobiles, dh1+2

>Has the debate gone too far?

The debate stopped being interesting years ago when you know who latched onto this

Planes trains took place during Thanksgiving

who?

im wondering why this shit is mainstream now

regardless have some reddit spacing

and die hard is a christmas movie

i watched it every christmas

broadcasted around christmas time on tv

for like 10 years straight

Die Hard ends on a warm Christmas-y note with the holiday music etc. it's totally a Christmas movie

So is lethal weapon, are people this retarded?

Christmas isn't even relevant to Lethal Weapon's plot

That's like saying Lethal Weapon 3 is a hockey movie because there's one scene that takes place at a hockey match

I've often noticed it's mostly women who say it isn't a christmas movie
if you don't consider Die Hard a christmas movie then do you not consider Home Alone or It's a Wonderful Life christmas movies either?

Thing is, a film shown around christmas doesnt even have to be about christmas to be considered a christmas film. Sound of Music aint got fuck all to do with christmas, nor bedknobs and broomsticks, mary poppins, etc.

>Jake Tapper
CNN's best folks. Infotainment. Fake news.

Still not a Christmas movie.

Screenwriters can say the movie they penned is good, that doesn't make it so.

>Christmas isn't even relevant to Lethal Weapon's plot

Neither is it to Die Hard's. They're having an office party, which isn't unique to Christmas in any aspect.

Christmas is not a relevant factor in Die Hard, it's just a backdrop. Critters has a scene during an Easter egg hunt, that doesn't mean it's an Easter movie.

A movie being set around/during Christmas doesn't make it ABOUT Christmas. Why can't people understand this?

Jake Tapper is the closest to based CNN gets. He's semi-woke on feminism and Islam

It's a Christmas story because Bruce Willis is literally baby Jesus and redeems black cop and gives him the courage to shoot people again after he forgot the true meaning of Christmas

>Christmas office party

I don't consider home alone or die hard christmas movies.

who gives a shit

In Italy "Trading Places" is considered a Christmas movie, with obligatory reruns every year.
I have no idea how this started, it just happened. I would make the same argument for Die Hard.

THIS THREAD tfw watching die hard and lethal and lethal weapon 1 for christmas

>john mclane saves christmas
>somehow not a christmas movie
plebs get out

what about it's a wonderful life?
many people consider it the best christmas movie ever made but you could argue it's really just about a guy discovering how important he is in the world it just happens to take place during christmas so it's not a christmas movie

Die Hard is not a Christmas movie.

Does this movie include themes of peace on earth and good will towards men?

Nope.

Die Hard is not, and never will be, a Christmas movie. It just takes place at Christmas.

>woke

Kill yourself.

But he didn't save Christmas nor was that his intent. He just saved a few people in an office building, while brutally murdering dozens of men while making jokes about it.

If you think Die Hard is a Christmas movie then you do not understand anything about the Christian Holiday known as Christmas.

I'm not talking about Yule or Saturnalia or any of the other pagan holidays that come at this time of year. I specifically mean the Christian Holiday of Christmas.

he exterminates terrorist to bring more peace
literally saves christmas for these workers
he's like motherfucking tough santaclaus
just brining bullets to naughty boys

No one gives a fuck about your nativity bullshit lmao I want a gameboy nigga

Also there's a sinister remix of joy to the world as recurring background music, I don't care if it's a "reddit opinion" or that it came out in summer, die hard is a Christmas movie

>h..hehe...did y-you know, die hard? The action film? It's a...teehee...a-uh...christmas movie! Hheheheheheh! Epic
The most reddit thing you can say

Isn't that just what americans have to call christmas to not offend those who cannot be named?

yes