What are some Kafkaesque movies?

What are some Kafkaesque movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BJS7jMBoOfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mother!

What is the difference between Kafkaesque and Lovecraftian? I've never read a book by them.

>looking for kafkaesque when you should be going for lovecraftian

Get a load of this brainlet

The Shining is Lovecraftian
Eraserhead is Kafkaesque

Lol ur dumb and it's so obvious

>The Shining
>lovecfaftian

t. brainlet

Redpill me on Kafka, why did he hate The Destroyer of Worlds so much?

literal retards

the double is literally based on a story by dostoevsky its dostoevskyesque

The Tenant 1973 is Kafkaesque
Possession 1981 is Lovecraftian

Is Diabel lovecraftian or kafkaesque?

This is the objective best answer

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>coen jews movie
>best anything

How can you guys confuse the two? Just do a simple google search as to what both things mean like jesus christ. There no overlap between the two at all.

The Thing is a lovecraftian movie
Brazil is kafkaesque

Very Diogenetic of you, user.

OH NO NO LOOK THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
Kafkaesque: Character finds himself in an surreal and absurdly cruel situation.
Lovecraftian: Character finds himself in a hopeless situation, usually involving some eldritch abomination

I hated Brazil

It's "dostoevsque"

t. Brainlet
Great film

no

It's Dostoyevesian

Lovecraftian is cosmic horror in which mankind is laughably insignificant, knowledge leads to insanity and we exist on the edge of an abyss, the plaything of beings far beyond our comprehension.

Kafkaesque is an indifferent, labyrinthine bureaucracy in which every individual is essentially interchangeable and impotent, with an strong undercurrent of bitter humour.

Lovecraft is learning too much, losing your mind and being devoured by things you can never understand.

Kafka is freezing to death in a queue for firewood rations after being told you have the wrong form and your ID card is no longer valid because the country that issued it technically no longer exists and neither do you. Then your family is fined by the state for improper disposal of a corpse.

He got a lot of relatives killed in the Holocaust, so, not funny.

Brazil is Pynchonian, actually, and the Thing is Kinginan

A Kafkaesque picture proper would be Naked Lunch.

No it was shit.

>Date of death: 1924
>Holocaust

So Kafka is for soyboys?

This is what polddit does to your brain.

>what are relatives
You illiterate fucking retard. Talking to you is a Trumpian experience

Nah, that's Sartre you're thinking of.

Go back to capeshit.

Sucks to be jew

>A Kafkaesque picture proper would be Naked Lunch.

Wouldn't that be Burroughsesque?

If you had read Kafka's diaries you would know he's literally /ourgoy/

Not at all, it is closer in style to the works of Franz Kafka.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is a Burroughsesque film

>tfw Kakfa never got to post on Sup Forums

I think it'd be funnier if it said "No meat-touching ma'am!"

>Kafka is freezing to death in a queue for firewood rations after being told you have the wrong form and your ID card is no longer valid because the country that issued it technically no longer exists and neither do you. Then your family is fined by the state for improper disposal of a corpse.

Truly based post.

His relatives should of thought of that before they infiltrated berlin, turned weimar into a degenerate shit, took over all the media and conspired against all values and decency with junk art and film, created the bolshevik revolution which destroyed russias monarchy and went on to pose real threat to germany from the east, ran a usury bank system that caused the great depression misery and hyper inflation, try to dictate in every country they touch that isn't theirs and started provoking Germany from long before the war or so called holocaust occurred. I feel for the innocent jews and they in turn should hate their masters who gamble with the safety of their won people for the sake of financial gain at all cost.

>tips bloated state apparatus
Thanks user

>Boycotting Israel is same as declaring war against Israel

>I resent people who are smarter and more successful than me
I'm glad the Jews are breeding you out of existence. You are frankly too dumb and weak to compete with Asians and Jews

>tfw when you bring a nation back from economic ruin and turn it into an industrial powerhouse but all anyone wants to talk about is the dead jews

No wonder Hitler killed himself.

What are some Pynchonian movies?

Which Kafka short story is your favorite, user? You seem well versed on him.

>soulless bug people
>better than anyone
haha

He looks like RoonRoon

The Pynchonian cinematic experience is smoking some tasty ganja while watching a Looney Tunes marathon on Boomerang

I've spent a lot of time on mental wards so Kafka had a natural draw for me. Not sure I have a favourite one, though I quite like The Judgment. Best film based on his work is still Welles' The Trial.

Is this one it's set in doomed Weimar Germany and made during it?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BJS7jMBoOfk

Lovecraft only wrote short stories so you can probably knock one of his out in 20 minutes. Kafka's most famous work is the metamorphosis which is less than 100 pages so you should be able to get through that one as well.

You pathetic pleb.

weekend at bernie's

sounds like a hassle, got a tl;dr?

I don't read a book unless it's longer than 300 pages.

it sucks I had to read it in school
>muh daddy issues

What was Kafka's views on Intersectional feminism?

He thought it was pretty fucking gay.

cube

How is Eraserhead kafkaesque?

Southland Tales
Dr. Strangelove
Inherent Vice (obviously)
The Big Lebowski, somewhat.