How the fuck did Anakin not sense that Leia was his daughter though? I mean, with his connection to the force...

How the fuck did Anakin not sense that Leia was his daughter though? I mean, with his connection to the force, and being so close, he must have fucking sensed it.

I know this is applying prequel logic to episode 4, but is there a canon explanation for why he didn't sense it? He sure as shit sensed it about Luke even before he knew his name.

How hard is it to just watch the original movies as you write new ones and make sure nothing is going to conflict? That seems like the most obvious thing to do but theres so much evidence that it never happened

Episode 4 is rampant with inconsistencies even though it was the first movie.

because he has never met her, and didnt know her force feel.

he might have sensed that she had some force powers, but that's about it. like anyone else. dont all living things have force? fucking chicken dinner, did that chicken have the force? could vader feel it?

I accept that, I was just wondering if there WAS an explanation in the EU or something.

he wasn't thinking about it

Uh, how would he know? He figured Luke out because he's named SKYWALKER. To Vader Leia was just some girl strong in the Force.

Unironically because male gaze. The films are about Luke. Leia isn't Vader's daughter- she is Luke's sister.

Since the plot doesn't care about the extension that if Leia is Luke's sister she's also Vader's daughter it doesn't matter

>Watch it, Leia

pretty much, I don't think he was expecting twins and why would some random well know princess be his daughter.

>He figured Luke out because he's named SKYWALKER.

Nah, he knew it in the tie fighter at the end of episode 4 already.

Fucking Sheev knew that Leia was his daughter even tho he had no way of knowing Leia was Lukes sister.

To be fair Luke was running around with Vaders last name and with Obi Wan, so it's heavily implied already he's his boy. Did Vader know he had twins?

I didn't realise the Force gave you the ability to detect a person's dna

Yeah no. Leia sensed that she was Luke's sis without being force trained. In a consistent movie about Anakin rather than Luke he would of known

Leia wasn't aware Luke was her brother. She "knew" but wasn't conscious of it, like her dialogue says in ROTJ. That's how they are able to do it.

This

>search your feelings, you know it to be true

Are you serious nigga

Well you should watch the movies then. See

No, he didn't. He only sensed the pilot was strong in the Force.

She didn't realize it until Luke told her. Luke was the one who sensed it, but only after hints from Obi-Wan.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

"Watch It, Leia!"

Are there midichlorians in Vader's poop?

>the Jews all had strong connections to the bad movies (prequels, TFA, Solo)

Maybe this should tell us something

>She didn't realize it until Luke told her
No she always sensed it. I will give you *she didn't always knew* but even that departs from the movie. She already sensed him in 5 when he was dying.

>the bad movies
>prequels
Sup reddi red

yes, the emperor used vader's poop illicitly to recover and absorb Anakin's discarded midichloria. This was an highly forbidden Sith technique (The annals of the sith lords)

He reached out to her with the Force, that doesn't mean she assumed he was her brother. You don't have to be related to communicated through the Force, just sensitive to it.

This.

Again it's fine to write this off as continuity / goof, but surely some asshole explained this in canon or not?

Maybe Vaders ability was clouded by rage at that moment, whatever.

Honestly, why did they even make her Luke's sister? I know I'm 40 years late on this but it didn't really improve anything, feels like a retarded tacked-on plot point.

>Honestly, why did they even make her Luke's sister

George Lucas

to Justify luke using Dark Side rage to beat down Vader

Nigga she explicitely says she always knew. My entire post was in case you said this wasn't meant literally. Fuck are you slow.

It's heavily implied through tall the movie strong force users could sense each other's presence (and what kind of state they are in) over long distances. I.e. Vader sensing Obiwon in a ship approaching the Death Star. Sheev sensing Anakin was half dead burning in lava from fucking planets away, And Yoda sensing Anakin was going down the dark path, (or maybe just the force in imbalance in general, don't remember to well).

>Do you know how people loved the Death Star? What if we had a second bigger Death Star?
>Do you know how people loved Darth Vader telling Luke he was his father? What if Darth Vader told Luke Leia was his daughter?

It is tacked on, but I wouldn't put it past george to have started imagining the prequels. Force aware Leia makes the Expanded Universe books interesting.

>How the fuck did Anakin not sense that Leia was his daughter though?

He'd closed himself off to the light side of the force, meaning he could only sense power and ambition. This is why in Episode 4 he remarks that the force is strong with the pilot only when Luke is using it as his(then) peak, but could sense no such measure when Luke was literally right in front of him during the Death Star escape. In all likelyhood he sensed force potential in Leia, quite a lot of it likely, but as untrained and controlled as she was she showed no outward signs of it. She could've been brimming with force ala Anakin in episode 1, but without any real way to show it he'd never know the full extent. The realization comes full circle when you factor into the twist in episode 6, the Star Wars films all had an underlying theme of not realizing family is so close to you and how deeply everything is connected through the force.

In short Anakin Skywalker likely would've known she was his daughter in seconds, but Darth Vader couldn't even tell who his Son was at a moment he called to the force, and it answered back.

that's cause those two hung out together. they could probably smell each other as being related. dont need the force for that.

vader didnt know his child survived. he was never looking for clues.

She always knew subconscious, but she didn't realize it until Luke said it. Same with Vader.

Yeah, I guess I'm starting to understand more why people think 6 is weak. I always remember it fondly because of the Jabba stuff and the throne room but there is a lot of shit.

Thats only said after something is revealed to them.

Same with how Luke uses his feelings to determine Leia is his sister after Obi Wan tells him he has one

That's a plot hole among countless in that flick. Meanwhile tv chimps out over the few insignificant ones in TLJ.

TLJ has plot craters, nigger.

>Remember how we blew up the second death star? Lets make an even bigger one that has a weirder beam. (Starting fresh for a new trilogy!)

6 is mostly crap. It's only worth it for jabba's palace and Luke-Vader-Palpatine scenes. The rest is crap

>$3 has been deposited into your account, thank you for correcting the record, please check your account.

All of those examples you gave are from strong force users recognizing other strong force users they intimately know.

Meanwhile Luke is literally standing and screaming at him after he cut down Obi-Wan and he didn't even know the kid had Force Powers at all.

Luke, a strong force user who has a personal relation with Leia, had no idea Leia was his sister until Obi-Wan literally told him to his face, how is this a plothole that someone not even looking for such a thing and had no relation would her didn't know it? Vader himself had no idea until he read Luke's mind.

Not those anons, but WHY do you want to know that?

>Vader had an off-screen battle you never heard of the day prior against some alien who is a force user and used a force bomb you never heard of that confuses force sensitivity and so Vader was having a bad day

Idk, you can say any shit and invent any shit. Why not just ignore it? Jesus

Yoda says "there is another," and that plot point had to be resolved. So even though Lucas wanted to rush through ROTJ and be done with the series, he knew he had to answer that, and introducing a new character would feel cheap. Leia was the only character who actually could be the "other," since she was about Luke's age and we didn't know anything about her past.

Luna had tapped into the force, Leia had not.

The quote about the "other" shouldn't have been there either, that was also retarded. Just deflates the importance of Luke for no real reason.

Maybe he just doesn't probe every person he comes across with the force for a familial connection. Especially someone with the last name Organa instead of Skywalker.

how does it feel like shitting in designated streets as opposed to toilets

>It sets up the fact that, in this series, Luke could be expendable at this point. We don't need Luke to tell this story. We could get somebody else to do it... He's not the important one, there is another. It's a cheap trick, but it works.

That's Lucas in the DVD commentary. It was just a trick to raise the stakes for the final fight with Vader.

Lucas is such a hack.

Still wish he was directing 7-9.

Because in the original the force doesn’t let you be an all knowing psychic god you fucks. It can only give you clarity for things you’re already attempting to feel out or discover. How are you all this stupid to not get this. Every single one of you in this thread hasn’t reached this conclusion. HOW!?

Leia was already implied to be the other force user mentioned by Yoda at the end of Empire, since she can sense Luke when he calls out under cloud city
Though iirc they did not establish that the other force user was Luke's sister until rotj

like what

There was no plan.

lucas hadn't decided this til rotj
he didn't even decide on darth being luke's father til esb