Marvel's casting choice for Valkarie and ethnicity swapping

Changing Valkyrie the way #marvel has is as bad as having a non olive skinned actor play Hercules. Or Aries, or Wonder Woman. Valkyrie is from Asgard and pulled from Norse mythology. I'd be just as furious if Fox casted anyone other than an African woman as Ororo. Some characters can do the ethnicity swap. And some it's just not compatible. As a reader I want and crave new and original characters. Despite Sony's abortion they called Fantastic Four having Michael B. Jordan play Sue's brother and having it be her adoptive brother (doesn't make him any less her bro) is an example of a compatible swap. Same with Sam L Jackson's Nick Fury. Of course it is the "movie-verse" and marvel and DC love the multiverse. And the bottom line is the bottom line.

Other urls found in this thread:

stormfront.org/forum/
marvunapp.com/Appendix4/valkyriebrunhilde.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brynhildr
youtube.com/watch?v=bkpgyNo0kR8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not like the movies have anything to do with the comics anyway.

They already had Elba as Heimdall so they already established that this Asgard is multi ethnic. It is just gonna come down to whether she is good in the role or not.

>stormfront.org/forum/

;^)

She looked more like Caiera. Perhaps they just called her Valkerie since it is a name more connected to Thor. If she is an actual Asgaardian Valkerie for Hela then that sucks ass.

>>>/tumblr/

She's a fairly minor character in thor comics, not one of the main leads so I have no problem with it. I would've liked blonde beaty Val but except from that the movie looks great

Fuck off Sup Forumsnigger

Valkyrie isn't even a mythological goddess, she's made up for the comics

They're allowed to adapt her however they want.

Thor isn't a blonde in myths but no one gives a shit

>anyone who isn't blatantly racist is rainbow haired tumblr landwhale sjw

Really activated my almonds

>Valkyrie is from Asgard and pulled from Norse mythology.

Stopped reading there

Man to hell with Stormfront. Bunch of wolves wearing sheep's clothing. I also pointed out that Marvel likes it self some multiverse.

>or Wonder Woman.
Clearly not, they only give a shit about her weight. Nobody really liked Halle Storm and most anons here iirc didn't like the Human Torch swap and nobody liked the movie anyway. Wasn't Dani Moonstar Valkyrie at one point?

Yup the whole race of Asgardians is based on Norse mythology. Nice way to add to the discussion. Troll

Heimdall makes even less sense since he is suppose to be the brother of Sif in the comics.

It's my head canon that she's just Hulk's grey waifu from Planet Hulk rather than being Valk

Valkyrie is based on Brunhilda so she is about as accurate as the others to their legendary personas

marvunapp.com/Appendix4/valkyriebrunhilde.htm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brynhildr

I have much less a problem with her skin color then I do that she looks NOTHING like the fucking character outfit wise at all.
There is no god damn reason she could not have dyed her hair had pig tails.

Worse that bitch tried to claim that females can't be strong characters without pants despite showing off her ass in Westworld & 1 movie.

Bitch tell that to Wonder Woman for 70 plus years, Xena & Lynn Collin's well praised version of Dejah Thoris (whom Lynn requested be more skimpy then intended)

Valkarie is Asgardian. Asgard and the Thor property is based on Norse mythology. I also noted that they can adapt it anyway they want as it's the bottom line that matters. Do people not read before commenting?

Well said!

Wonder how far she would have gone.

more like dingoes wearing wolves clothing

LOL

also it's fucking title

This argument was lost with the Thor movie.

Why are people treating this character like regular comics Valkyrie?

She's a stern but soft-spoken warrior with tattoos working for an otherworldly dictator who put Hulk in a gladiatorial arena.

She's Caiera, you morons.

>> race swap is fine, it's 2017!
>> get butt blasted when it's a swap to white

The had no problem with:
Black actors as Fury, Heimdall, Mordo, Valkyrie.

They threw a bitchfit about:
White actress as Wanda, Scottish white actress as Ancient One, white actor as Danny Rand.

...even though the castings they found controversial were in fact more faithful than the skin darkening ones.

What bothers me more about Mordo is less him being black and more him being such a generic piece of shit in the movies.

>Sup Forums is getting anally-infuriated because other skin tones exist again

Pathetic, man. Get off the internet and get your shit together

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE

He may not have been particularly interesting, but he was a hell of a lot more distinct that his comics counterpart.

Cause Stone Cold Said So

Lol make criticism about casting choices. Automatically flagged as some wing nut. Go home, boy

I don't mind any of Marvel's castings, in fact their casting has been damn near perfect.

Also, I like MCU Mordo more, instead of just being a Jealous Prick, he's an anti-hero, who sort of has a point and you can see why he feels that way.

fuck off.

If you're virtue signalling how not racist you are
you belong on Tumblr, so go back there before you get deported.

>Changing Valkyrie the way #marvel has is as bad as having a non olive skinned actor play Hercules.
Kevin Sorbo, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kellan Lutz, and Ryan Gosling are olive skinned?

You guys pull this every time a Thor movie comes out and it never holds water because despite claims to the contrary you never do actually complain with the same fervor when it happens the other way around.

yuck
so many tumblr degenerates here

>Ryan Gosling

I keep forgetting that existed.

What a weird career the baby goose has had.

It's actually really sad how few people know Ryan Gosling's true story.

youtube.com/watch?v=bkpgyNo0kR8

While Wanda is roma/gypsy/whatever and the Ancient One is a male oriental, Danny Rand *is* white

The double irony about the Ancient One shift is that they clearly did it for the Chinese market, which gets super triggered about any depiction of Tibet.

Thor not being a redhead in comics has an actual explanation since he's not the original redheaded thor.
He's thor 2.0.

The movie asgardians are space aliens, not viking gods.

I'm more annoyed that her outfit looks nothing like the comic costume. Was hoping for something like what she wore in Fearless Defenders.

Marvelshit is so far removed from Norse mythology anyway. It's made for Americans who fetishize Norse mythology and jack it to vikings but don't actually know anything about the subject matter and probably don't even know what the Poetic Edda is. Nor would they even touch a book about the subject.
It's like calling Olive Garden the authentic Italian cuisine experience or calling Kim Possible a documentary about cheerleaders. So really they could cast Thor as a pink haired shitqueer demiboy if they wanted since the relation is strictly in name only anyway.

>Nobody really liked Halle Storm
I-I did.

>Heimdall
>god of light and brightest of all
>god of slaves
>black
Hmmm

When your criticism is only about the skin tone, you ARE a right wing nut you fucking retard. Not once have I ever read anyone talking if she fits the role based on acting personality or other roles.

>Norse mythology was multiracial, I swear!
We believe you, tumblr.

>Asgard is multi ethnic

How? Are there some of them just born with different skin colors or what?

>Trailer shows Bruunhilde, the normal blonde, blue-caped Valkyrie fighting Hela in what looks like a flashback
>Brown Valkyrie isn't even Asgardian, she's working Goldblum, probably called Valkyrie because she gathers heroes for the games.
>so even if she is Asgardian, Valkyrie is going to be a title or job description. Like it is anyway.

How much to diverge from the original character for people to not whine constantly?

Shhh it's not supposed to make sense

They're viking gods (of alien origin) who have access to multiple realms that correspond with different areas of the cosmos. You better damn well believe they've been porking their way across all Nine Realms and beyond.

The cast a biracial woman as storm which is just as bad as this

Dani was a Valkyrie, yes, but not /Valkyrie/

Doesn't matter to me, because her race swap was just contained to the movie. Get over it, this is how people butts get put into seats. They have to see someone they can identify with. Sorry to put it to ya like this bro... but if there weren't speckles of different races within the Asgardians the movie would have a very "Nazi" kinda feeling.

You mean a bunch of sheep wearing wolves' clothing

They're not even human, let alone one human race, dude.

Just like Fury's, eh?

>if there weren't speckles of different races within the Asgardians the movie would have a very "Nazi" kinda feeling.

/copol/ likes that, though