youtube.com/watch?v=ECoyIiLtGYM
youtube.com/watch?v=nqhLn76kCv0
youtube.com/watch?v=Zffk-Lw8cwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

By adding a hyphen in his name

He-Man.

That's how you make it work.

He-Man/Thundercats comic was okay-ish

Skeletor wears sunglasses and dances a lot and then He-Man goes "SKELETOR! YOU'RE SO MONEY SUPERMARKET." And then Skeletor laughs.

He's Space Conan. Just give him a bit more of than Prince Adam being a dope unless he has to be He-Man. Have him gain some skills from his mother being a Space Jockey.

The old cartoon and short lived reboot worked fine for what they were, why recycle He-Man yet again?
That shit had its time.

He-Man Thundercats was great. But honestly, I don't see live action working for MotU when it *didn't* work even back in the 80s.

I'll confess that I only read the new MotU comics up to the DCU crossover, and I acknowledge that some of the later stuf was well recieved, but what i read of the later stuff felt like it was missing some points. (And to be frank, the original depiction of King Grayskull was better.)

He-Man doesn't need to be super serious. It needs a good writing staff who understands it works best as a sort of Sword N Sorcery version of Shazam! and not a grimdark scifantasy series. I mean, laser guns and vehicles aside, if I wanted a darker, more serious He-Man, i'd just go read Conan comics.

Wait. Are you from Sony?

Make Conan the Barbarian in a high fantasy while embracing tropes found on common pulp magazines and invert them, give them a modern twist, or both.

Also blue ball your audience a lot.

The newer cartoon they aired on CN a few years back was pretty good.

Maybe we just let it be now, though.

Honestly, I think it would be best like they did in the in the reboot where Prince Adam was a teenager.

I mean, how many people in Eternia are built like that and have paige boy haircuts?

Can't be, he didn't phrase his question as "how can we shoehorn Adam Sandler into a He-Man movie?"

Just don't use his classic appearance, face and hair-wise. Op;s pic and the look from the early 2000's cartoon work just better. But that blonde Prince Valiant hair and the super high cheekbones just look fucking silly.

Are you ok user?

Bravestarr IDW series when?

I mean, Orko isn't going to voice himself...

I'd unironically say the best option would be a cheesy low budget adult swim comedy that doesn't even try to be a reboot or any shit like that. Just He-man chilling and having retarded adventures.

Is it bad I kinda want this?

Just do what they did in the modern MOTU comics and animated series, from 2002 and afterwards.

They are epic, fantastic Sword & Planet series. Like John Carter meets Conan meets Star Wars meets Lord of the Rings. Masters of the Universe is the ultimate Fantasy franchise if it's made right. Barbarians, undead wizards, gods, dragons, cyborgs, dinosaurs, crazy technology, all mixed up in a crazy world.

I was just thinking the same thing. It would be awful, but FUN awful.

It's just Conan the Barbarian for kids. It's not complicated.

Making him play He-Man and She-Ra, it work on Ja... I can't even finish the sentence

He-Man must fight the evil patriarchy,
and replace it with an even better patriarchy

memes aside, it does seem like if you want to do something about a guy called He-Man you're gonna wanna do a long deep examination of masculinity and the concept of the 'ideal man' the 'man's man' the 'overman' the 'platonic ideal f manliness' in a very morrisson kind of way

or you can just drop the he-man thing entirely to just have Adam, Prince. but that's the pussy way out

Change He-man into a cute girl.

Adam Sandler as He-Man/Prince Adam
Amy Schumer as She-Ra

Who else are Sony's go-tos?

Masters of the Universe it's a mix of different genres. And it has become far more complicated as a franchise with a lot of world building behind.

>And it has become far more complicated as a franchise with a lot of world building behind.
Yep. Too dense with bullshit for non-autists.
It's why these 80's properties need a reboot. So that they can actually get new fans and money into them.

The franchise is called Masters of the Universe not He-Man.

I'd probably change his name. Like, I don't understand why anyone would deliberately call himself "He-Man".

It's a title. It comes with The Power. And then he can poke fun at it himself. Now we can get the kids to laugh at our quips!

The Masters of the Universe is part of the early 80's gold era of Sword and Sorcery. The genre is dead since then. For this reason better to keep He-Man as a good Fantasy franchise, instead of "make it work to a new generation of fans", which is doubtful if it will ever happen (take the New Adventures of He-Man for example).

"heman" according to dicitionary means "big muscular man" so it fits the description of the main character. It's not more ridiculous than orher Sup Forums code names like "Hulk" or "Rogue".

By making it balls to the wall insane like any good cocaine fueled album cover from the 80s?

>How can you even make Heman work?
You play it completely straight, hamminess, macho-ness, MYAAAAR, and all.To many properties now try to be "self aware" or self deprecating of their ridiculousness or even worse, try and make it "mature" and serious. I want a show about a half naked muscle man kicking the shit out of a skeleton wizard and I want it without any eyebrow waggles or "thematic depth".

Then enjoy your dead, decaying franchise.

Better dead, than violated.

Either embrace the campiness or play it as straight as you possibly can.

HEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEEEEEEEY

This. People need to stop looking for poignancy in a property made for children.

that's not what your dad said last night

The comics are made for children too, but most people want more depth from them.

And Masters of the Universe maybe started as a toy line, but it has fcharacters that fight wit swords and axes. Do you belive that they have them for display? Besides kids will never going to get interested again to this kind of action figures again. The 2002 animated series was the right path for Masters of the Universe. They can use this as a guide.

pants

I think this is why I like kids cartoons in the first place, they are the only things anymore that can actually take themselves seriously and not be ironic.

Fucking this.

Probably in the minority here but I think a movie could work.

If they didn't try to make it gritty and dark, of course.

He's got a sister. She's off in another dimension leading a Horde.

youtube.com/watch?v=ECoyIiLtGYM
HAVE A GOOD SKELETOR COSTUME.

youtube.com/watch?v=nqhLn76kCv0

So there I was, trying to get stiff before she did...

Just keep as campy (not the self-aware kind though) and homo-erotic as possible.

space, magic and science

Make him a woman.

I honestly don't think it can. It was a product of its time. Every attempt to re-capture the era has resulted in disaster...well, except Voltron and I'm still in disbelief on how good it is.

Wouldn't that just be She-Ra?

She-ha is his twin sister, man. Redundant.

Give him a badass beard

Rule63 fags pls go and stay go.

New Voltron is rubbish.

He didn't say make Adam a woman...

Give him a more respectable outfit and you literally won't have to change anything else.

It should be done like this.

Start with the introduction of the MOTU Universe.

Begin with the cosmic part of the Masters of the Universe. The creation of the interdimensional/celestial Horde Empire. How Hordak became the leader, his war against the Cosmic Enforcers and his triumph.

Cut of his welfare and start repossessing his land and equipment until he starts making regular payments. He'll work or go destitute.

That bit where he absconds with the Infant Princess after fighting the King and his Space Warrior Wife.

holy crap. How many MotU comics look like this?

>photoshop layer blending options>fx>bevel/emboss

He-Man was a toy seller, the new cartoon from a few years back was alright, we don't need another He-Man cartoon.

I'd say play up the crazy Frazetta/Jack Kirby influence. It's basically Conan meets New Gods so go bonkers with it, The 2000s reboot didn't go cosmic and weird enough.

Lets start with the Arrival of Captain Glenn of Earth.

>Keith "goofy faces" Giffen drew this.
Damn good Kirby pastiche!

No not yet.

Hordak's story that starts 1 million years before He-Man.

Then we move on Eternia, ane we move from "Jack Kirby's New Gods" of Eternia to "Robert E Howard" (let's not forget that He-Man, Skeletor, King Hsss and the Snake Men are inspired by Conan, Thulsa Doom, Thoth Amon and Howard's Serpent Men). The story continues with how the Snake Men, the First Ones as they called, they became the rulers of Eternia, and how King Hsss came to power.

This user knows whats up

Get a time machine and get Brenden Fraser around this time in his life

I just realized I was thinking of Kevin Maguire...got my JLI guys crossed

Good news, Sup Forums. David Goyer is writing the next MotU movie.

Story proceeds with the Powers of Grayskull storyline, which is basically the Silmarillion of MOTU (swift to Tolkien's epic tone).

It's narrated the war between the Eternians against the Snake Men for their freedom.

what's the point of the wonder woman skirt? Brah has briefs

We have the 1st Horde invasion

A former slave named D'vann Grayskull unites all the free people of Eternia against Hordak. He became King, and we will see how and why he forged the famous twin Swords. Hordak is defeated and banished, but D'vann dies betrayed by the Gar. The Gar established a tyranny, which falls by Prince Gray, the only living heir of D'vann.

Then as the timeline moves forward, the plot proceeds with the Sons of Miro story.

This is the introduction of two mighty princes of King Grayskull's bloodline, Keldor and Randor. Keldor is the first born, but he is the illegitimate son of King Miro and a Gar woman, which was prohibited. So his right on throne was denied. Keldor turns against his brother, he left Eternos, and he finds a connection with Hordak banished for over a 1000 years in the dimension of Despondos. Hordak offers to the prince his help against his brother, and agrees to train him in the dark arts. In exchange Skeletor offers to help Hordak in order to escape from Despondos.

In the meantime a spaceship from Earth lands on Eternia, bringing Marlena Glenn on the planet.

Randor finds her, they fell in love and soon married. Marlena (basically she is the John Carter of the MOTU world, so here it comes to play Burroughs's influence) helps him in his war against Keldor. She became pregnant to twins, a boy and a girl, but the girl will be taken away by Keldor (without anyone to know that he was him behind this, except the Sorceress) and delivered at Hordak on Despondos, after his request.

Tim Seeley is a big big fan of MotU. DC, just put him on the book.

Have him grow a beard.

He-Man grow a beard, when he becomes King.

There is already Teela in her barbarian Queen outfit, and she looks much better.

The war between Keldor and Randor, comes to an end, with the final battle at the Halls of Wisdom, when Keldor tried to murder the Council of the Elders. Keldor badly injured, with the help of his lover and second in command Evil-Lyn escapes to Hordak's sanctuary. Hordak transported him om Despondos and Etheria, and by using magic and sceince merged Keldor with an extradimensional demon, for save his life. Skeletor was born.
Skeletor will remain as Hordak's general on Etheria, then he turned against him and escape on Eternia. There he will gather again his former allies, he will bring down the Mystic Wall and he will march aganst his brother. In the meantime Adam now a teen, he will be called by a strange woman called the Sorceress of Grayskull about the Sword of Power and his destiny. In order to save his world (already turned in a big part to a post apocalyptic barbaric wasteland from the previous war), he will accept his destiny and he will become He-Man. The rest of the story could proceed following the 2002 animated series and the modern comics's and mini comic's events.

Has there been any explanation why He-Man's symbol is the Iron Cross?

According to the MOTU mythos, the Iron Cross is a actually the symbol of the Starseed, source of He-Man's power.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zffk-Lw8cwE

>Also blue ball your audience a lot.

/thread

Those fucking bad Kirby faces....

This is very true. He's the only person who could have played Heman.

>Quesada still butthurt about Giffen leaving for DC

>That fanart
>and the artist even included obscure as fuck villains

I'm surprised anyone even remember Goat Man and Strong Arm

Do tell?

only way im buying heman again is if i could return to my 4 year old self in the 80s. So a reverse-aging time machine should work.

Only that He-Man is massive, not some skinny little shit. You will need a bodybuilder or a wrestler, for doing him justice.

>You will need a bodybuilder or a wrestler, for doing him justice.

That would suck, and you know it.

Aside from the Rock, what wrestler actually has or had the acting chops to actually take centre stage in a big budget movie and have it not tank?

Being 100% serious, i think John Cena could have pulled it off. I've long thought that he'd make a great Hawkman and actually isn't that bad an actor at the movies he's in.

Though to be fair we've probably missed the window of opportunity and he looks too old now, not to mention how weird he'd be with longer hair.

too ugly, too american. He-waifu is the best, and you disgusting numales need to learn it