Only a Sith deals in absolutes

>Only a Sith deals in absolutes
wait
?????

absolutes are close mindedness, why lock your self in a box, when you can be free and see it all

>I will do what I Mustafar
what?

but isnt that statement he said a absolute statement

the film is all about anakin's point of view. That line was meant to show the hypocrisy of the jedi dogma

Saying that only Sith deal in absolutes, is an absolute statement itself.

I guess its pottery, that a Jedi said that.

no, coz there are not a single sith to not be autistic.

Holy shit Anakin was right all along

>da line was suppoused to show only da sith are okay

>That line was meant to show the hypocrisy of the jedi dogma
The problem with the prequels is that they were too deep for most plebs.

you wanna buy some absolutes?

- you don't want to sell me absolutes.

did he says it is an absolute that siths deal in absolutes?

yes yes the jedi are good goys

STOP GIVING MONEY TO THE DISNEY COMMIES, YOU SHILL!

the problem with the films in their entirety was that the first was intended as an homage to a genre that was shallow, inconsistent, silly and existed solely to make young men come back to the theater every saturday. they weren't supposed to be deep. they weren't supposed to supply answers to existential crises. they were intended as good, simple fun. not the po-faced fundamentalism you retards paint it as.

how long before someone is killed because they had the wrong opinion about Star Wars?

Yoda made an absolute statement as well in the OT

>Saying that only Sith deal in absolutes, is an absolute statement itself.
no it's not, especially in the context of the statement. Jedi do not believe in absolute truth like the Sith do.

WHERE DID YOU TRAIN? ON A MOISTURE FARM?

>no it's not
what did (you) mean by this

You have two options:
a) the writer didn't realise the line was contradictory
b) the writer intentionally wrote Obi-Wan saying something hypocritical because it was appropriate in the context of the scene and Obi-Wan's character, and makes sense to anyone who understands the story of the film

If you are intelligent, you'll pick B.

Yeah that's what the word "only" in that statement means

are you making this statement unconditionally?

look up the definition of absolute truth, then realize why taking an out of context quote from Obi-Wan claim that he's making an absolute statement is actually a falsehood and a demonstration of using absolute logic. You played yourself

youre trying to tell me that the statement "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" is a absolute truth , are you serious lad ?

Not. Soon. Enough.

It is an absolute statement, yes, that is the joke.

Lucas was genuinely making an argument that the Jedi brought about their own fall.
It was their own rigid thinking that allows Sheev to manipulate them so easily.

But like Holdo, George never told anybody his plans, so nobody could actually help him achieve it better and with less collateral damage.

Only A Sith deals in absolutes is not an absolute, as it implies that not all Sith deal in absolutes.

but it does imply that to deal in absolutes you must be a sith

>Anakin offers Obi-Wan a "you're with me or against me" deal
>"Only a sith DEALS in absolutes"
>Obi-Wan just said an absolute xxDDD

The prequels are truly lost on plebs

Only a Sith deals in Absolut Vodka, one of the most famous vodkas in the world. Launched in the US in 1979, it completely redefined the premium vodka landscape, becoming synonymous with art, culture and nightlife. By starting a revolution in cocktail creation and launching a range of flavors never before seen on the market, Absolut became an icon in its own right.

And it was a good friend

isn't Obi wan's statement also an absolute tho?

you figure absolute statements also apply to themselves is a conclusion kids will finally come up to nowadays..

I think what's really fun about this line is that Anakin doesn't really know why it's bad to be a Sith. Obi Wan basically tells Anakin he's acting like a Sith, and neither him or the audience really give a fuck. Not only is Obi Wan throwing out some hypocritical Jedi quote, but he's not actually taking the accusation seriously, and later in the movie the character becomes fucking Darth Vader.

The statement is meant to be akin to a koan - an illogical statement that nonetheless carries some truth.

"Only Sith deal in absolutes" is an absolute, but it's the only absolute a Jedi would utter, and it points to how this is an exception for the Jedi but an utter norm for the Sith.

Then when Lucas never depicted the jedi under a bad light during the prequels? Why they are depicted as perfect moral and ethic mary sues when in fact they were generals in a big war?

>Why they are depicted as perfect moral and ethic mary sues when in fact they were generals in a big war?
They're depicted as generals in a big war. The entire trilogy they are depicted as incompetent and clueless idiots. Anakin straight up tells them that he's turning to the dark side all the time and they just ignore him and tell him to get over it. He tells Sam Jackson that Dooku is a Sith Lord and Sam says 'it's not in his character'. They Jedi are meant to look stupid in the prequels, and you got that impression because it was intended.

This is our head canon narrative as long time fans trying to make sense of things, but not what the movies say.
For example, if the jedis were depicted under a bad light, Anakin would have more motivation to eliminate them and join Palpatine besides "muh bad dream about Padme".

We as adults watching the prequels obviously find bizarre how Mace Windu is going to execute Palpatine without a trial or investigation, how young kids are indoctrinated into a celibate cult at early age, how supposed pacifists are hypocrites for accepting to lead an armed of disposable human beings, but the movies seem unaware of this. If this was Lucas intention, he did it too weakly.

I figure Lucas did all of this intentionally but yeah was way too weak about it. It's a tough call though, I don't think Lucas kept his head straight through writing the whole movie.

no, you just don't understand syntax or grammar. I'll admit its confusing to plebeian, but its not a contradiction grammatically.

he also said
>only a
not
>only the
which grammatically makes it not an absolute statement.

but dosent the statement means that to deal in absolutes you must be a sith

What a dumb statement, most of the people in the world deal with "absolutes". Obi should have refer to a more specific trait that only siths have and so does Anakin.

I disagree, the Jedi order is portrayed as aloof and innefectual.

He shoved them in a literal ivory tower for fucks sake. A visual metaphor ifive ever seen one.

you should have gone HOWEVER
you blew it

I vote B

I think he is saying that if you think the statement is an absolute you are an absolutist yourself.

Was that why he put the anakinvSheev line of
>"The jedi are selfless, they don't think about themselves"
>Sheev: "Are you sure about that?"

IT'S OVER OBI WAN! I HAVE THE POWER!

Qui Wong literally tried to steal from the jew merchant in episode I.
Anakin and Obi-Wan were literally torturing the assassin that attacked them at the bar before Jango saved her life.
The Jedi Council's remnants and some political supporters started literally space ISIS because they were mad as fuck that Sheev got democratically elected to be supreme chancellor.

They were never portrayed as good guys

i dont think it matter what i think,what matters is the meaning of the statment

>most of the people in the world deal with "absolutes
Okay user...this is fiction btw, not sure if you have noticed this isn't real life

Yeah, visually everything is fine. We even get yoda sitting in a chair with shadows over his face.

But the story and dialogues are different. At no time we get to see a separatist protest, with people holding images of jedis as mass murderers.

We saw the separatists politicians going NO WAY IM OUT OF THIS REPUBLIC, though? didn't we?

Been 2 decades since I watched Episode I

In the name of tolerance, we must become intolerant, to fight the intolerant, to protect tolerance, by becoming intolerant.

Was George making fun of leftist thinking?

Yeah, but it was too weak.
The clone wars cartoon I think, depicted some of the jedi hubris nicely in my opinion. Ahsoka is implicated with a crime and there is a tension between the army, the government and the jedi order because the jedi order doesn't want her to put on trial externally. People protest and there is even a terrorist attack on the temple if I'm not mistaken.

people actually watched that meme show?

childhood is idolizing Obi-wan

adulthood is realizing that Anakin made more sense

>but it was too weak.
The entire third movie is about a Separatist civil war against the Jedi

NO! NOT THE YOUNGLINGS!

The prequels were masterpieces of film.

Literally what TLJ is about