Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew (...)

>Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew (...)

Later

>To cheat death is a power only one has achieved

What did he mean by this?

That his apprentice wasn't as powerful

based plagueis held back

Was Anakin low IQ?

Because it's called BAD WRITING.

What is the problem with these two quotes exactly?

Anakin was a rural retard

He taught his apprentice about that, doesn’t mean his apprentice was powerful enough to do it.

>plagueis knew how to cheat death and prevent others from dying
>palpatine was his apprentice, and palpatine himself says that plagueis taught his apprentice (palpatine) everything he knew
>palpatine later admits he doesn't know how to cheat death like plagueis

trick'd

He's not plagueis apprentice

he lied
yes he is

>He taught his apprentice everything he knew
Palpatine knew everything Plagueis did

>To Cheat deat is a power only one has achieved
Palpatine could cheat death, not Plagueis

Really that hard?

>>palpatine later admits he doesn't know how to cheat death like plagueis
its called a lie

how do you think vader is kept alive? also its implied he's kept alive by deading padme.

>Palpatine could cheat death, not Plagueis

The rest of that quote was

>To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret

You fucking idiot

>also its implied he's kept alive by deading padme.

Nice fanfic

Ironically really, the only thing he couldnt cheat was being thrown into the core of the death star

You know whats ironic? how literally no one has ever pointed out the true irony of the scene, that Sheev was talking about killing his master to Anakin who would eventually do the same to Sheev. Thats where the real irony is in that scene

hivemind

the implication isn't even that important, you can also say padme died from pregnancy or just general heartbreak or whatever.

but the implication that sidious used his magical powers to keep ani alive certainly holds

either way they're both fairly unexciting and ultimately meaningless plot devices

>i-its like pottery it rhymes.

Sheev knew, he killed Padme to save Anakin

He lied to make Anakin switch to his side
>dream about padme dying like his mother dying
>what the fuck, pls help
>i can help you anakin
>i litterally know this shit dawg
haha, just a prank bro. Padme is kill

Sheev did all of this to make Anakin lean more towards the dark side

Why are those two statements reliant on each other? It's like anything else in the world, just because you know how you're supposed to do it doesn't mean you actually can do it.

I could have Beckham teach me how to be the best in the world, but without natural talent I'll never achieve his levels

It was even stated if plagueis was his master and not an older sith lord that his teacher told him about in the canon?

It could be an old sith tale and the knowledge was lost

The full quote is:

>To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret
>I know we can discover the secret

Clearly Plagueis didn't teach him did he, you fucking mongoloid.

Palpatine is a lying cunt. Who knows how much is bullshit.

sheev knew the powers, but he wasn't going to use them to help anakin save padme or his mum, he was going to use them to string anakin along and then keep him alive even after he got BTFO (because he's still le chosen one).

its probable that his power includes using padme's midchlorians or some shit to keep anakin alive.

it also explains why vader simply cannot carry on living after he defeats palpatine.

if he said 'i know the secret already and can do it for you'
what incentive does he leave anakin to carry on doing whatever he wants - anakin would just tell him to do the thing instead of continually follow his orders.

sheev was lying through his teeth the entire time as sheev.

>cant carry on living
Nigga got his life support systems fried by force lightnings

You don't get it, he saved Anakin after Obi Wan fucked him up. The secret is to kill someone else, which is Padme who Sheev killed.

that's exactly what i'm saying you donut.
palpatine was his life support.

>can kill people billion parsecs away with the force
What would srop him from force-assassinating people?

Horsecrap. Anakin kept himself alive since he kept tapping into the power of the dark side, Sheev just hooked him up with the best the med droids could do. The armor was intentionally designed to evoke old sith armor.

Sheev is a lying asshole. Padme dying so Vader could live was just sybolism.

>sheev knew the powers
Nope. Only Plaguies had the technical know on how to manipulate life properly. Sidious never got it out of him and was never that interested in it.

as i said its inconsequential as to whether he did or did not.

depends whether you prefer padme dying from heartache and anakin surviving through technology and dark-side hatred. And sheev just being a lying cunt

or you prefer sheev being a very powerful lying cunt who is manipulating the midichlorian life force of anakin and padme.

That's not ironic, that's how the Sith are.

It's actually not just a preference but the former is canon.
Palpatine/Sheev never learned how to manipulate midichlorians the way Plagueis did. Besides, you're right. It doesn't really matter. In any case, Sheev really was pure fucking evil.

>she is going fast and we dont know why
>we have never seen anything like this

where is the alternative canonically denied?

Where was it canonically confirmed? Whereas Anakin clinging to life through pure hatred and Sheev never finding out everything that Plaguies knew is.
Again, it doesn't matter.

my guess is that plagueis would not share that secret with palpatine. It's his ultimate secret and it is implied in that scene that he used it to save palpatine in the past, therefore it's his safeguard against palpatine trying to kill him too early. Unfortunately for him, palpatine decided he was powerful enough on his own and didn't need that power.

well it comes down to 'from my point of view' then doesnt it.

but its very much implied something is going on in the background with the whole affair:

'medically she's completely healthy, for reasons we can't explain we're losing her'

*after killing sheev*
'luke help me take this mask off'
'but you'll die'
'nothing can stop that now'

sheev: 'darth plageius can create life and stop death and he taught his apprentice everything'.

not taking the hint here seems a bit strange to me.

>*after killing sheev*
>'luke help me take this mask off'
>'but you'll die'
>'nothing can stop that now'
>sheev: 'darth plageius can create life and stop death and he taught his apprentice everything'.
>not taking the hint here seems a bit strange to me.
Dude, we already know that when Sheev gave Vader the armor, he made it incredibly suceptible to lightning so he could always have an edge over him.
I'm pretty sure that getting a few millions volts of Force lightning shoved down your skull as a cyborg would have done the trick. His life support completely failed. And again, this is canon.

Palpatine fucked up by being a coward and stabbing him in his sleep. If the apprentice kills the master through non-confrontational means, then he has killed his master prematurely and has robbed himself. Victory by any means is a false victory, victory through weakness. Only by victory by dominance are you truly victorious and have proven that you are stronger.

it doesn't matter either way because the prequels aren't canon

fucking midichlorians

luke: no you're coming with me
vader: you were right about me tell your sister you were right *dies*

in some ways the whole armor is emblematic of his bondage to palpatine who is keeping him alive against his will almost (what is he even living for at that stage)?

Sidious is shown to be ironically the most selfish Sith for an ideology that prides Individual strength over all where you train the tool of your demise, as he planned to do away with the Rule of Two but he eventually pays the price of a weakling's victory, he kills his master before he's powerful enough to kill him by strength and skill alone, and loses his chance at immortality

Btw i respect you not reading too far into it, but I feel like all the implications, including a story about how this magical power is a thing that palpatine if telling the truth about, has. Can only be meant to be interpreted as playing a role in anakins life.

So you're saying at some point the evil guy lied.

Whats the bigger lie, that he couldnt save Padme, the thing keeping Anakin to the light, or that he could have saved her?

no because his master did clearly hadn't mastered personal immortality if he died in a dumb way like being stabbed whilst he slept.

the master hadn't learned (perhaps because there was no way) to guarantee one's own life, only the life of another.

The master was weak enough to go to sleep around his apprentice. In the books I think Sheev actually gets him drunk.

Sheev isn't the Sion esque kind of sith about raw power. He lies, he manipulates.