STAN LEE AS THE WATCHER CONFIRMED

STAN LEE AS THE WATCHER CONFIRMED

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2014/05/30/artists-given-specific-instructions-not-to-use-fantastic-four-characters/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So they got them back?

The Fatastic 4 are coming in Phase 4.

Except that's not true, but okay.

3 watchers meet Stan Lee in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie

Is there a source or something or is this just because of the cameo? Honestly I didn't get that from it,
he looked nothing like them and wasnt dressed like them, which he would if he was conversing with his peers, telling them his tales?

He was even in a spaceshiut, unlike the other watchers who were functioning in their usual robes without protection

and even as they were leaving he said they were his ride and repeatedly called out to him

It's cool so see the watchers because that implies what we're all thinking, but I don't think he's one of them

It's confirmed that all his cameos in the Marvel movies are connected, so he must be someone.

What I got from the scene was Watchers can take any form they want, hence why Stan said at the time he was a mailman. Or I suppose Stan is just a being that transcends time and space and just hangs out with Watchers

yeah I mean I thought that too but he wasnt even in his mailman garb from that time, he was in a spacesuit, that he shouldnt even need, during a private conversation on a rock in interdimensional space
I know, just not a watcher. I can't think of anyone else though

People in my theater were being too loud.
What did Stan say to the Watchers?

How does that work with the rights stuff between Fox and Marvel? The Watcher would be considered a Fantastic Four character after all.

Do they just show the Watchers without directly calling by their names.

I didn't believe it until I saw their pictures next to each other.

He was telling them about that time he delivered mail to Tony and Rhodey at the end of Civil War, and when they were walking off he asked them not to go without him because they were his ride

>What did Stan say to the Watchers?

"No please don't go! Don't leave me! I have so many more stories to tell!"

They probably swapped rights when Fox wanted to make Legion and the future X-men shows.

The Watchers and maybe F4 were one of the deals.

everyones saying that maybe they cut a deal with Marvel like Sony did (not the same deal, just a deal in general) and that these rights teases are leading up to something big

stop saying this

stop suggesting this

It didn't happen and it won't. get that through your fucking head

Or he was talking about his cameo in fantastic four

Dont you fucking dare get my hopes up. I want Doom to be the next big thing after Thanos
And people insist Hank is the wife beater.

Hank can do no wrong.

>It's confirmed that all his cameos in the Marvel movies are connected, so he must be someone.

Maybe he's TOAA.

Susan is the abusive one in their relationship

doing cuck stuff with strange dude dongs while Reed selflessly tries to save the galaxy

I just get sick of the shit Hank gets for ONE panel when Reed/Susans marriage was far more fucked

They negotiated rights for stuff along time ago. Ego was one of the things Marvel got back. Probably the Watchers at the same time since this movie's been in development for a while.

same.specially the post credits scene, where stan asked for a ride home.
why couldnt they just make him a simple watcher? why the fucking space suit

Susan Storm is a whore

You're a complete motherfucker. Spoil the entire fucking picture you fucking faggot. It doesn't matter if you spoil the text with something like this when it's obvious what is going on. I hope you get hit by a fucking bus.

That picture could mean anything,especially with the spoilered text you fucking chimp.

That's what I'm wondering! Were the Watchers not part of the FF4 rights?

Only because Reed won't put out. He's begging to be cucked.

Fuck off OP you're such a raging faggot. Go kill yourself.

They had to be. Remember when it was reported that people couldn't draw various Fantastic Four characters? The Watcher was one of them.

COULD THIS MEAN BIG G IS BACK AND WILL APPEAR IN INFINITY WAR WITH THE OTHER COSMIC DEITIES?

>That picture could mean anything
Only if you're a retard

Disney did buy the Fantastic Four movie rights back from Fox then?

no

come on, don't jump to conclusions

If Marvel got the rights to all that stuff they would proudly wave it around like a 19 inch dick

Well considering how the last one flopped

A 19 inch dick seems really small for Galactus.

Further fuel that the page that Marvel says will "break the internet" is going to be the return of the F4 in comics. In the end Marvel/Disney won.

No, that's Kirby

Fox literally only threw the last one together so they could keep the rights, though

Ego was negotiated when Deadpool was going to use a completely different version of Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

bleedingcool.com/2014/05/30/artists-given-specific-instructions-not-to-use-fantastic-four-characters/

stay assblasted, faggot
i'm glad you read that spoiler

They always win.

>Further fuel that the page that Marvel says will "break the internet" is going to be the return of the F4 in comics.

when half of them died nobody even gave a fuck

Captain Hydra caused more discussion, even Rhodey dying was a bigger deal

Just speculation mostly. Besides its not that far fetched that they would keep it tight lipped for now considering general audiences opinion on the ip right now

The only thing I've learned from this thread is that OP seems like a complete retard. Assuming maybe the dumb old age of 18

>Is Stan Lee going to play the watcher in Avengers 3?
>Learn how one of Stan Lees characters is making his big splash in the MCU?
>Will Stan Lee meet the Watcher in his next cameo?
it's a clickbait image that could go with any clickbait title, retard

>OP seems like a complete retard

This

>movie shows Stan Lee talk to the Watchers
>DUDE STAN LEE IS THE WATCHER

everyone on this site but me is 12.9 years old

>"No please don't go! Don't leave me! I have so many more stories to tell!"
Yeah. I noticed that too. Stan is aware he is running out of time, and that was why he agreed to pre-film multiple cameos. Mathematically from his age, he has 1 in 4 chances of dying THIS year. It was hard for me to laugh at that scene for that reason.

Why not just keep it as a secret, then tease it in Infinity War's post credits scene?

>implying Stan can die
If he ever runs out of celebrities, he'll just move on to us normals, even if were not as efficient when it comes to settling his need.

Stan Lee ruins every movie. Especially Civil War.

>Stan dying before we do.

There's no way Ditko mastered his sorcery that quickly.

t. Tony Stank

it was great

>I haven't watched GOTG 2 yet but some crack journalist on the interwebs didn't see it either but they asked this guy

Stan cameos as a spaceman talking to the Watchers and telling them about the time he was a postman.

You are all reading too much into something. They're referencing his appearance in Fantastic Four while making an amusing scene, nothing less.

So seriously, does this mean that Sam Jackson kills Stan Lee?
... and then whispers in Thor's ear?

>>DUDE STAN LEE IS THE WATCHER
more like the fly on the wall

>The legendary comic writer and editor has appeared in all fifteen of the studio’s films so far, playing everything from a Hugh Hefner look-alike to Xandarian “prevert”. Along the way, one popular fan theory that’s popped up is that Lee is in fact not playing dozens of different characters, but one single being traversing space and time, the most prominent suggestion being Uatu the Watcher. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 nods towards this, with his cameo having the icon sat talking with a group of Watchers. And it may be more than just an in-joke.

>Kevin Feige was asked about the cameo and what it meant for the fan theory at the Guardians 2 junket press conference and seemed to confirm the fan theory:

>“Yes, we always thought it would be fun. Stan Lee clearly exists, you know, above and apart from the reality of all the films. So the notion that he could be sitting there on a cosmic pit stop during the jump gate sequence in Guardians was something very fun – James had that idea and we shot that cameo and loved it so much, you know, you see it a couple of times in the movie. It wasn’t in for a long time and we put it back in towards the end of the process where he references that time he was a Federal Express agent – we thought it would be fun to put that in there because that really says, so wait a minute, he’s this same character who’s popped up in all these films.”

They're likely in a similar situation to the Skrulls.

Marvel and FOX co-own the rights.

In the Skrulls case, FOX owns specific Skrulls but not the race itself. In particular, FOX has the film rights for the various Super Skrulls.

So applying that to the Watchers, FOX likely owns particular Watchers. Uatu and the other named ones in particular. But generic unnamed appearances (such as in GOTG2) are still usable by Marvel Studios.

Both Marvel and Sony denied all rumors about Spider-Man coming to the MCU right until they announced exactly that.
And Marvel had to get something noteworthy for giving Fox X-men TV rights.

Wait, if GoTG 2 happened just months after the first one. Then it happens in 2014 just right after CA:TWS. So that means it happened BEFORE A:AoU. Which means Stan couldn't have been on earth during the end of Civil War which is not gonna happen until for a good 2 years more. THIS IS CONFUSING MAN

Marvel cut deals with Fox from time to time to get shit.

They let Fox change Negasonics powers for dead pool and in exchange Gun got Ego.

He's just a guy who gets around a lot.

HOWEVER, GOTG2 happens in 2014. He mentions working as a delivery man, which is Civil War, which is 2016, so he's talking about something that shouldn't have happened yet.

This means he's some sort of time traveler, or they fucked up their continuity.

Why do you think Marvel is trying to attract younger audiences? He can only steal so much of our life remotely, he needs younger souls

>He mentions working as a delivery man, which is Civil War, which is 2016, so he's talking about something that shouldn't have happened yet.
Your confusion is assuming he couldn't be a deliveryman in more than one occasion.

As long as he didn't blow his cover, there is no reason he couldn't be a deliveryman for a few years AFTER GotG2.

Post credits scene show the watchers ditching him, and he asking for a ride home (probably setting him to appear in Thor Ragnarok)

wasn't he a delivery man in the incredible hulk too?

>Phase 4
>Fantastic Four
I gotta say... it's fantastic.

>Ant-Man: *picks up the staff of the Living Tribunal*
>Ant-Man: "I believe this is yours, Livining Tribunal!"
>EXCELSIOR!

>I want Doom to be the next big thing after Thanos

>Phase 4 is confirmed to be divided between Cosmic and Grounded branches
>Doom is the big bad for the Grounded heroes
>Cosmic gets hit by the Annihilation Wave
MAKE IT HAPPEN FEIGE!

Watchers where probably wondering who this individual was and how he was everywhere, they went to confront him and got nothing out of him but the ranting of a crazy old man.

>Watchers where probably wondering who this individual was and how he was everywhere, they went to confront him and got nothing out of him but the ranting of a crazy old man.
Stan Lee was literally credited as "Watcher Informant", so at the very least he is working for them.

>Watchers where probably wondering who this individual was and how he was everywhere, they went to confront him and got nothing out of him
Very unlikely.
The Watchers are code-bound to never act on their own.

>And Marvel had to get something noteworthy for giving Fox X-men TV rights.
Stop saying this
Fox didn't get the TV rights they are now shared between Fox and Marvel Television
Tv rights aren't even worth the same profit as film rights. Marvel gets a cut of the ad money from legion and get to be producers on the show, that was the deal.

Shut up Schnepp

Stan Lee is a shitty Informant.

>Stan Lee ruins every movie. Especially GotG2.
ftfy
That end credit scene was so bad

At this point the X-Men TV rights are equally, I dare to say even more valuable, than the Fantastic Four film rights though.

>Stan Lee is a shitty Informant.
No one ever said that the Watchers were an effective organisation. In fact they are known to be extremely incompetent.

>In fact they are known to be extremely incompetent.
I'm pretty sure that's only Uatu.

We know first appearances don't mean anything. The Watchers MUST be usable by fox though. They're tied heavily to the Galactus storyline.

No, in Hulk he drank one of the gamma-contaminated drinks.

If you mean Ang Lee's Hulk, he was a security guard.

Ok so this doesn't really work, does it?

He can't be the same person in all the cameos, even if you only count the MCU ones.

-In Iron Man 1, he either is or Tony thinks he is Hugh Heffner
-In Iron Man 2, he straight up IS Larry King
-In Captain America 1, he is a military officer during WW2.
-In GotG 1, he's either a Xandarian or a human that somehow made it to Xandar
-In GotG 2, which happens 2 months after 1, in 2014, he's talking to the Watchers, and tells of the time he worked for Federal Express
-But he worked for Federal Express in 2016, during Civil War.

In the other movies, he's a cop (Netflix shows), a security guard, a barman or a random civilian.

The only way it could work is that he's a time traveler who impersonates other people.

If you count the non-MCU cameos, maybe he travels between universes as well as time.

I'm pretty sure he's the Beyonder.

Why the fuck would the 4th dimension or 4th wall even apply to him?

I mean if we're gonna go with a "theory" of him being the same person in all the cameos, rather than just accepting it as a fun thing they do.

Celestial beatdown when?

I'd prefer to know who are those two guys fighting when they do the first jump

Looked like Korgg's race.

Alongside Lou Ferrigno

Hadn't it been confirmed that Korg's race would appear in GOTG2, in relation to Thor3's director playing Korg in Thor3?

In any case, a Korg race dude showed up in Thor 1 and got wrecked

>Stan Lee clearly exists, you know, above

the one above all confirmed

Kirby or we riot.

Thor 2