Is it true that kids aren't watching cartoons anymore?

Is it true that kids aren't watching cartoons anymore?

Please state why you feel that way.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BTZ8Bi-FDHK/
youtube.com/watch?v=olWG6jiMV0g
youtube.com/watch?v=aXRCAI7q8QY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cuz everything they'd ever need is on the internet

Because channel rating across the entire industry is going down.

Including cartoons.

Of course not.

Family members, cousins, nieces, nephews, etc.

Even kids are smart enough to not watch cartoons.

It's retarded manchildren that actually watch all these shows made for kids/

Too busy watching YouTube coupled with cartoons just being boring as fuck.

I blame everyone trying to make their kid cartoons appeal more to adults.

Kids these days are realizing that TV is a scam. You pay for the service to watch shows, and then they still show you ads for 1/3rd of the time instead of the content you paid for. This is not acceptable anymore. Even 10 year olds are smart enough to google "watch steven universe online" and watch this shit without annoying ad breaks

I work with kids ages 7-10 and they talk about pokemon and minecraft non stop, but as far anything on Sup Forums probably kids probably don't watch/read that stuff till their 13-14 years old.

>google "watch steven universe online"
One time and then never again when it's not on any mainstream video sites and the sketchier sites give them malware

Now where would you get such a silly idea like that?

instagram.com/p/BTZ8Bi-FDHK/

They are love gaming more. Not sure if it's just a phase or not but anything not gaming or stealing content is screwed over

>implying 10 year olds care about malware

sites like kisscartoon are infinitely superior to actual TV if you either don't know about or can block the malware

You can watch the whole episode without watching 10 minutes of ads. You can watch any episode you want on demand instead of just whatever the channel arbitrarily decided to air that day. You can watch any show at any time.

If a kid turns on the TV and goes to CN then the ONLY thing he's allowed to watch is the episode of Teen Titans Go that happens to be on at the time. With google he can watch a new episode of Spongebob or Steven Universe of his choosing.

Even for the less technically savvy, there's also Netflix which has a lot of cartoons on it and is also much less cancerous and anti-consumer than TV is.

You would be suprised how little kids now this.
I work with random kidos everyday and they love cartoons, minecraft is still popular and yes Youtube is still strong.
But they have no idea there are sites besides youtube that has their favorite cartoons.

This

Steven Universe isn't made for children, it's made for emotionally stunted young adults for emotionally stunted young adults. But that seems to be the norm these days

I was shocked when I heard someone say they love the Percy Jackson series too. Goddamn he must have been 30 and still reading garbage YA shit I grew out of when I was 12

NOBODY HAS TASTE

I teach at an elementary school. Kids still obsess over Pokemon cards on the playground. They spread urban legends among themselves the same as children have always done. They still play with a variety of toys, many of which were around twenty years ago as well.

But I don't hear them talking about TV shows all too much. Why bother? There's Minecraft and Youtubers and a million other things to derive instant gratification from instead, and even if they do want to watch a show, there's Netflix.

Using an actual TV simply isn't as easy as finding things on the internet.

this might have something to do with it. youtube.com/watch?v=olWG6jiMV0g

I blame the opposite. Older cartoons appealed more to parents and neckbeards.

Kids, at a certain point, begin to think that they should have the lives of teenagers like in those glamorized It's-A-Laugh Productions productions. They think that cartoons are for toddlers & live-action is for people who are mature. Most kids yearn for the awesome priveldges of adulthood, so they want to act like adults.

At least that's how I felt when I was entering my older-childhood "tween" years.

>Even 10 year olds are smart enough to google "watch steven universe online" and watch this shit without annoying ad breaks
So they still watch cartoons? Just illegally and on a different device?

>they talk about pokemon and minecraft non stop
The only surprising part is that Pokemon is still popular. I thought it was only for neckbeards nowadays.
Anyway, kids have always been fixated on Pokemon and other video games. It doesn't mean they don't watch cartoons.

Face it Sup Forums, cartoons were never good. The only reason you watched cartoons as a kid is because they aired on tv, and you had nothing else to do. If you were a kid now you'd be watching pewdiepie and baby elsa videos like all the other kids

Kids have always loved video games as much as or more than cartoons, it's nothing new.

I went through a similar thing. The funny thing is that I didn't actually like the live action shows, I was just pretending to seem mature.

Pokemon is miraculously every bit as popular with kids now as it was when I was a kid, except now they don't even touch the video games (aside from Go); it's all through secondary media.

Neckbeards, who rarely interact with kids, will tell you they do nothing but watch inappropriate YouTube videos with lots of swearing, and play on Minecraft servers with lots of swearing.

People who actually work with or interact with kids often, will tell you that it's not as bad. YouTube and Minecraft are popular, but kids do other things too, and they watch YouTube channels besides PewDiePie (which isn't even a fucking video game channel anymore).

Cartoons aren't as popular as they used to be, but kids still watch them occasionally.

My dream is to make my own cartoon. With all this recent discussion, I'm starting to question if I should even bother trying to pitch it to a TV network. From the sound of things, my chances of going viral on YouTube are higher than getting a TV network to give me the time of day.

Is that an animation studio? I'm pretty sure that would get biased results.

>baby elsa videos
There is no way in hell real kids actually fucking watch those.

Make other things first. You will never get anywhere if your endgame project is also your first.

>Make other things first. You will never get anywhere if your endgame project is also your first.
I already intend to do that, no need to worry.

Wouldn't they watch some on netflix? Otherwise why would netflix even bother trying to make their own

kids watch cartoons, but not necessarily on tv

No, Tumblr.

They aren't watching Steven Shit.

This is my favorite post in the thread.

>If you were a kid now you'd be watching pewdiepie and baby elsa videos like all the other kids
This says a lot about today's parents. Why are kids allowed to watch channels with such high amounts of swearing?

The CN site has every episode for all their shows online though...

Because modern cartoons are shit and despite what everyone thinks kids are not the targeted audience

>NOBODY HAS TASTE

you sound really fun at parties

hope so, because it's this shit that ruins children.

>not posting the superior version
youtube.com/watch?v=aXRCAI7q8QY

It's rare to see any child watching Steven Universe. Kids gravitate towards the more cartoony shows, like spongebob and ttg. Of those two, spongebob is by far the most popular. Kids fucking love spongebob, I've seen children marathon the same rotation of episodes for hours on end, it's crazy.

no, work retail or teach and spend any amount of time around children and you would know this

cartoons are great and everyone still watches them

You are shit parent, you must tell your children about the important stuff in life.

1. Internet security
2. How to hide their powerlevel
3. The importance of avoid at all cost a time paradox.
Seriously, if your son/daughter appears before you even met its mother, you know you had failed as a father.
Are you even parenting?

how to hide powerlevel my sides

That's the only reasoning I can think of and accept for why Cartoon Network has been invaded by teen titans go forever.

They watch cartoons, they just don't watch your garbage show.

Watching stuff legally can be nice since it supports the shows, and keeps them from getting cancelled.

fpbp

Kids are more into watching Youtube and playing video games.
TV is a dying medium.

They do watch Teen Titans Go from what I've seen

Dude, kids and teens alike hate modern cartoons. Most teens see it for the shit it really is/have better things to do, and kids don't even understand what the fuck is going on usually, they just know they don't like it.

Shows on television are overly censored and revised, formulaic as all fuck. They lack the freedom and and appeal that online creations have. Also fandoms usually emerge from tv, so it's a plus that less kids are indoctrinated into that type of behavior.

YouTube will fuck you sideways if you try to make cartoons. Good luck, but trying to make anything under ten minutes is going to be tough to get around on YouTube.

>lets all have shittaste and ignore shitty things because of "fun"
REEEE

kids still watch cartoons. like, I'm not sure what gave you the idea that they dont. networks would be in much worse situations if only adults were watching cartoons

Why watch Crying Universe when you can watch Spiderman marry Elsa for free?

You mean Crying Space Rocks

People have shit like Netflix. No commercials, and just straight up go and watch what you want to watch without waiting for horrible made hiatus and "bombs".
And really, why would you watch shit like SU when you have an entire library at your disposal?

Well, I have an entire library at my disposal and I choose SU

What a fucking pleb.

They aren't watching pretentious, tepid, boring, meandering pieces of shit like Steven Universe that's for sure.

>Implying they go to parties

Cable TV is a scam. Seriously, with what's possible nowadays with digital OTA, society would be better off reverting back to antennas.

Only the US version though.

>go to CN
>click episode
>"THE CONTENT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY, FUCK OFF!"
What person thought that geo-blocking would be a good idea? Fucking xenophobes!
I am uncle.

What if the shows are shit that deserve to get cancelled? like everything on CN, Nick and Disney Channel.

I'm reading Gulliver's Travels at the moment. But I like Percy Jackson for getting me really into Mythology when I was a kid. You got to thank Riordan for writing a series for his autist kid that ended up getting a whole young generation into ancient Mythology, which is a great springboard into classical literature as Bulfinch knew well when he wrote that wonderful volume that gave the layman access to those stories so they could better understand the literature which referenced them.

>What person thought that geo-blocking would be a good idea? Fucking xenophobes!
It pretty much defeats the purpose of the Internet.
It makes sense to limit your range when you're restricted by resources and legal issues, but that's not the case with Internet content.

I am sure kids still watch cartoons, it's just that the types of cartoons that some like aren't on often. Networks would rather spam shows like TTG (Cartoon Network) and SpongeBob (Nickelodeon) than actually offer schedules of variety.
Also, there's a lot of entertainment options, like video games and the Internet.

Honestly, I still don't get why Sup Forums watches cartoons on tv.

Because a TV screen will always offer a superior viewing experience over a computer monitor, laptop or mobile device.

This.
>inb4 SU defenders

Come on now faggot you're on the comics board, not Sup Forums. so what's you're poison? Autistic cartoons made for manchildren, or autistic comics made for man children? or better yet, autistic animated films, once again made for man children?

My 12 year old brother still watches TV but I think it's just for background noise. I mostly catch him watching Power Rangers. My 19 year old brother sometimes watches cartoons but I mostly catch him watching Nick and Disney tweencoms.

My three Nephews look forward to some cartoon while not giving a shit about other kinda what every kid that age does and for different cartoons as well.

Example: One of my Nephews looks forward to The Loud House and give no fucks about Steven Universe, while another loves Steven and looks forward to new episodes and does not care much for The Loud House.

It's all based on preference.

It depends, really.
My younger siblings watch cartoons pretty often, just not CN anymore since our cable provider switched packages and we can't afford the package w/ CN.
Some kids prefer the sitcom shit a la Disney and Nick to cartoons.
A few of my professors' kids are more hooked on Minecraft and reading than tv itself as well.

The latter nephew is likely developing into a fag.