So I decided to rewatch this show since not having seen it since I was a kid. After the first 2 seasons...

So I decided to rewatch this show since not having seen it since I was a kid. After the first 2 seasons, the show just nosedives into cheesy soap opera tier story telling(even by comics standards) and really poor quality control. I am the only one who doesn't see the hype? How can people say this was the best Spider-man show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=39D2wpTFAtk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How can people say this was the best Spider-man show?

That consensus has been shifting towards Spectacular Spider-Man being the best. It's not really unanimous, however, since the 90's show is still more well-known due to nostalgia, it being longer, not being screwed over by the network, and toy lines.

I remember them very sloppily reusing footage in episodes, and yeah I can't say the writing was all too great. I believe they ran into a lot of issues with censorship and rights issues, so I can't blame them for certain things.

They did manage to do a great job with Carnage all things considered, so that was cool. I also liked their take on Hydro-Man

>Every time he fights Doc Ock he those same wooden crates get smashed.

Completely agree with this. Spectacular has more likeable characters with actual character progression and generally feels more like a proper Spider-man show. It still really hurts that because of company and network shenanigans we will never see the conclusion of the story there. One man can dream though...

Best Spider-man voice, best Felicia/Black Cat, best Venom.

ROFL.

Hilarious because it's super duper true.

> Felicia/Black Cat
Ilterally nothing like the comics

I thought it was universally agreed that while it was THE SHIT back in the 90s as it was coming out, it hasn't aged well at all, unlike BTAS.

That said, the memes about the show are still awesome.
>SHOCKEEEEEEER!!!

Has anyone ever seen the 80s Spider-Man cartoon made before Amazing Friends?

>Not muh black cat!

I still read spidy in that voice

That is unquestionably a good thing now

nostalgia, but yeah the soap opera stuff worked for preteen kids back then. When I think about it was just nuts all over the place. It had good moments and did a good job keeping spiderman in the lime light more than peter.

SINS OF THE FATHER VII

It wasn't, and only nostalgia fags pretend otherwise, just like with the 90s Ninja Turtles.

Best dialogue, that's why.

Spider Man Unlimited should have concluded.

Does Black Cat get more screen-time in this than Spectacular?

>YOU CAN'T ESCAPE MEEEEEEEE I'LL CHASE YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH

what's the benefit of having a super soldier serum than can be turned off, anyway? When would you want your soldiers to not be strong?

Think of the stress it will cause you. It's like being awake all the time. Your body needs to rest, recharge, otherwise you will die very quickly.

youtube.com/watch?v=39D2wpTFAtk

I liked Unlimited but damn I wish they had actually gone with 2099 show

Did 2099 actually have an ending in comics? My limited knowledge of cape comics tells me stories go on forever without an ending, get cancelled, and then rebooted.

A petite blonde makes a better infiltrator, she can blend into crowds better than an Amazon with white hair

Plus there are other benefits to that kind of transformation. If she gets tied up as Black Cat then she can turn into Felicia and get enough wiggle room to escape.

I actually re-watched that show in it's entirety a few months ago. For what it's worth I have no complaints about it, except the slight overuse of dramatics, maybe. I definitely appreciate how the writers included over-arching storylines starting with season 2.

I don't doubt it has potential flaws, but I haven't really watched Spectacular Spider-Man so I wouldn't know which things it did better compared to the 90's series.

It's a shit show, only liked because of nostalgia...

I still love it tho

The Spot
>Fell into a vortex
Venom
>Fell into a vortex
Carnage
>Fell into a vortex
Norman Osborne
>Fell into a vortex
Captain America
>Fell into a vortex
Red Skull
>Fell into a vortex
Electro
>Fell into a vortex
Mary Jane
>Fell into a vortex
Spider-Carnage
>Fell into a vortex

Goddamn, did I miss anyone? It seemed like every fucking character kept falling into a vortex. I know it was a copout since they weren't allowed to kill anyone, but SO MANY VORTEXES.

Technically Red Skull, Cap and Electro fell into a "time warp" and not a "vortex" but fuckit, same shit.