Why have no YouTubers successfully made the crossover to mainstream films yet? Will it ever happen...

Why have no YouTubers successfully made the crossover to mainstream films yet? Will it ever happen? Will YouTube Red ever make something that isn't steaming garbage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6TXWzlT02_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is this faggot popular?

Because Western America has the dumbest fucking children ever

there was a fred movie

Because they really have no talent besides screaming like retards.

Watch a retard like Pewdiepie, now that he has no games to play you can see he's running out of ideas fast, he's pathetic af.

There are a bunch of YT movies, but no one has gone on to mainstream success.

Logan Paul's fucked up teeth always bother me

That chink that was popular on Sup Forums years ago is apparently becoming a successful musician now

you're not fooling anyone with that hairstyle you balding cunts

who?

No argument here.

YouTube is full of autistic faggots and 99% of their content is just incestuous whining or dick sucking about other shit on YouTube

>if i just push all my hair to the front of my head like this, no one will ever know that i'm balding horrifically at 20

you guys think they fucked?

paying to watch these faggots in movies,
no thanks, ill stick with marey sues feminism fantasy

nigahiga

Because their fame is based entirely on charisma, and in no way does any form of talent come into consideration

>blocks your path

Fillthy Frank

does he go by nigahiga, i haven't heard anything about him in years?

that one chad jimmy or something is in twenty 2 jump street

Why have no YouTubers successfully made the crossover to mainstream films yet?

Here happened a disgusting number of times

music =/= movies
much easier to transition to music these days
getting people to listen to a 2 min track is quicker than paying to watch 2 hours of an obnoxious retard

That nigger is gay as fuck now

Because youtube is the alternate source for entertainment rather than Hollywood’s why would people want to watch the people they go to to escape for Hollywood entertainment in Hollywood entertainment?

Yeah it's crazy the guy has like 20 million subscribers or something even though he stopped being relevant even in the YT community a long time ago.

Would you want to watch Logan Paul scream like a retard for the length of a feature film?

Zero-content garbage whose only selling point is 8/10 late teen guy that make 12-year old retard girls wet is a pretty hard source material to adapt into films.

hollywood jews won't let them

Trips make it true.

Wasn't the guy from American Vandal a youtuber? Or was a vine guy?

>Vlogging =/= acting
>Drone gimmicks =/= cinematography
>Video game fanfiction =/= screenwriting
>Dicking around in Adobe Creative Cloud =/= special effects

Jake Paulers everyday
Jake Paulers, we don't play
Jake Paulers here to stay
Jake Paulers won the race
Jake Paulers set the pace
Jake Paulers in your face

Based Jake Paul
You losers hating because you wish you were him

>Because Southern America has the dumbest fucking children ever
FTFY

>Because America has the dumbest fucking children ever
FTFY

>Implying it’s not retarded fucking west coast kids eating this shit up

didn't that crazy ASMR or what it is lady have a movie in cannes this year?

that cringey unfunny faggot coon King Bach was in Shot Caller for like 30 seconds, pissed me off.

all those popular youtubers and top viner fags are so fucking embarrassing.

just come on home bro

never noticed the resemblance to kaufman until just now.

>pretend to be retarded on the internet
>it -kind of- pays off but not really

Does Dax even count?

wow i can hardly believe it what a surprise

t.buttmad faggot in LA who isn't as successful as Paul brothers

fuck all of them
i think every channel and podcast i've enjoyed has turned to shilling merchandise and begging for donations
you know what, god bless the Sup Forums janitors they do what they do because of the passion in their hearts

Hollywood is dying, like lots of other industries over the past few years. Andy Richter talked about this in an interview recently -- search "Andy Richter hollywood money." He talked about how entertainment is so spread out that shows that are considered "successful" today have ratings so low they would've been cancelled in the 90s.

I know you're talking about films, not TV shows, but Hollywood is also having record low years in terms of grosses, even WITH Disney's capeshit and SW yearly movies. Once those films start to burn out (SW will probably get lower numbers after the JUST Jedi) then the issue will become more obvious, but I'm sure actors can already see what's going on. Hollywood's a dying industry.

To make a long story short, many young people would rather be internet/Youtube famous than famous in the film industry. I see that trend only continuing

The ones big enough to go "mainstream" don't want/need to because they make enough money from Youtube without someone else controlling them.

t. Paul Brothers

You got that right

at least his videos were entertaining back in the day

trip trips

whats with that new obsession? i notice these posts more and more

kek

Well considering two of the ‘biggest’ YouTubers got axed by Disney I think it shows what the film industry thinks of YouTubers. The fact is that whilst these personalities are popular, YouTube still isn’t taken seriously. There’s like less than a per cent of quality content and the rest is filled with absolute garbage.

Jimmy Tatro starred in American Vandal, which was a fairly large show on Netflix this year. Donald Glover wrote for 30 rock, created and stars in Atlanta, and used to only be known for Derrick Comedy. One of the voice actors on bobs burgers got discovered on YouTube. I’m sure there are plenty more examples. Those are all people who focused on sketch comedy on YouTube, where people liked watching them act. People watch the Paul brothers and pewdiepie because they like watching them vlog and shit like that. Their audience doesn’t want to see them in movies. It’d be like asking “why don’t more NBA players make the transition to mainstream tv shows?”

because theyre all faggots who get popular off rented wealth and fake drama bullshit, they are a kardashian knock off. they also survuive on memes since they themselves arent popular alone, always making videos about other things that dont have staying power as memes become more fleeting

who's fred?

Some of them have.

Because he's a prettyboy who makes 12 year old girls feel tingly.

This.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

This guy was in the "GO HOME GAMER GIRL" episode of Law and Order.

youtube.com/watch?v=6TXWzlT02_s

First channel to hit 1m subscribers, gimmick was speeding up his voice and acting like a kid.

>ntertainment is so spread out that shows that are considered "successful" today have ratings so low they would've been cancelled in the 90s.
It's true. Mr. Robot doesn't even have half a million viewers per episode.

Oh man. This brings back memories.

theyre both popular for their vines. when that went up they moved to youtube. the younger one had a b tier role on a disneyxd show. tweeners love them.

little girls

>based entirely on charisma
They don't even have that. Their fame is entirely based on people are lazy as fuck retards who will watch stupid boring shit just because it's free.

for me its the combing the hair forward to hide balding. that goes for both of them. jake has teh eyes of a barn owl.

>He talked about how entertainment is so spread out that shows that are considered "successful" today have ratings so low they would've been cancelled in the 90s.

Large part of that is so many TV shows try alienating audiences. Versus on Youtube where the content creators have a much closer relationship with the viewers and can see if they're doing something to fuck things up more quickly. Plus there's actually an incentive on Youtube to not just piss off your audience as it isn't like on TV or in Hollywood where just sucking the right dicks will ensure you keep your job.

Given the millions these guys can make a year, they're certainly rivaling what TV actors make.

The only problem with this is that they can't maintain it.

Is that the ESPN guy whos friends with Shaq??

Why? The people with larger budgets like Markiplier are able to start doing full shows now, that guy even has some stage performance he and his friends get into now which has ad libbing or whatever.

The guys like Boogie making millions are outliers, but there's tons of smaller guys making a decent living and there's not much reason to think that'll stop.

Because people will get tired of their shit and move on to the next trending shit.

Saw one of these faggots on top chef this week. They'll never cross over because they're the cringiest, untalented thirstiest people around.

Logan was in the Baywatch movie for like 1 minute, and has a few films coming to theaters in 2018

and Jake was a B-list Disney star until he got fired cause of his YouTube antics

Jimny tatro iirc. This guy is evidence lol

>now

if thats what it took i got bad news for you bud

honestly this.

I can't even imagine how much of a fucking losers you guys are to even notice/obsess over shit like this. You must be bald yourselves

The glistening of the champagne she barfed on to her tits is the most erotic thing I've ever seen.

>Will YouTube Red ever make something that isn't steaming garbage?
This isn't Netflix.

insecurity

What's pathetic is that fags like you ever wanted to watch someone else play video games.

because they aren't good actors

Who are those twinks and why they are not cleaning my shoes?

America has the most retarded children in the entire world