Why did they turn Star Wars into a franchise for little girls?

Why did they turn Star Wars into a franchise for little girls?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKSp1dVTrYk&t=1624s
nytimes.com/2017/12/22/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-women-run-universe.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I fucking hate this website

The Force has always been female though???

>father please forgive me for I know not what I do

Shut up racist

Because they think girls can be a market for Star Wars (they can't).

See

Ummm, no honey

tfw that will be the color of the 9th movie's logo

Why do so many companies do this? It almost always fails.

Star Wars exists now to sell shit. For every billion they make at the box office there are billions more in toys, books, video games and other licensed products. If they can get little girls, especially young ones, to like the Star Wars franchise enough to desire the products they can make trillions more over the next two decades. Disney has a particular expertise in marketing shit to young girls. This is what Star Wars is now.

we all know what a disenfranchised demographic little girls are, so now they are finally being catered to in an attempt to make up for the past, and of course the proper thing to do is to take something away from little boys in order to do it

YAAASSSSS

>Star Wars is like an abusive relationship
And Sup Forums is now a men's refuge shelter.

They didn't. They started a new trilogy with no direction of where to go next. Then they handed it off to a director like a football pass expecting real results. I mean that's how you do billion dollar franchises right? Just wing it! It'll turn out great! I don't even blame the director. He was doomed from the beginning. No matter what he was going to get shit on. Some will say "well why didn't he do my fan theory?" and I'd say those are shit either way and you're going down a slippery slope at that point.

Boys are too smart to watch bad movies

Toy sales are down though according to Disney's projections. No where near what they wanted.

Girls are more than half the worlds population

They thought og fans were so pathetic they would shut up and pay to watch what ever drek they put out.

Why do they resent nerdy guys with unlimited spending money who won't grow out of Star Wars? Little girls will, nothing is sacred to them.

Maybe because marketing to little girls doesn’t work for a franchise lol Star Wars. Seriously, look at every commercial for their toys and it’s always focused on girls.

Women are morgoth. They cannot create, they can only take what is already there and deform it into something different, something artificial and something off. When’s the last time you heard a girl inventing something or innovating a new style of music or breaking ground in some field, doesn’t happen.

Little girls don't like Star Wars. They don't like laser swords, explosions, mechanics, or the idea of something grander. Sure they can sell to 20/30 something SJWs who live to co-opt franchises, but little girls only desire to be big girls, they want make-up and glitter and shit.

Doesn’t mean they like Star Wars.

not all the toy sales

Feanor here is right. No wonder Ungoliant was a woman.

Well no one's keeping you here.. unless you're one of those losers Disney pays to shil

Women hate when men have interests that don't revolve around then or their needs.

This. It’s why they’re trying to kill video games in the West.

Other than feminist cancer spreading everywhere, the simple reason is twice the toy sales (in theory). It's the same reasoning that there is a subtle push out there for men to start wearing makeup (so the cosmetic industry can double sales).

An unholy fusion of capitalism and degeneracy.

It hates you too, user. It hates you too.

>take my younger sisters to Force Awakens when it comes out (they've never seen any Star Wars movies)
>ask them what they thought
>it was meh, got boring, and I didn't care much for it
>this is the target demo for the nu-Star Wars

I know it's just my case but they're not going to be making much off this. I even asked my young brother who was 5 at the time and he didn't even want to go nor has he ever cared about wanted a star wars toy. This is just my case though.

It rarely works, though. I’ll never understand why they keep trying it. Look at Ghostbusters.

Nice trips.

Now fuck off, Australian Satan.

The Disney Princess Machine. It's all they know.
Worked like hell on that fucking Beauty and the Beast remake though.
That thing was insanely successful and yet had hardly a blip in the culture at large.

This is entirely untrue.

He had a million and one ways to make this movie work and keep 80% of the fanbase at least "satisfied" and he gave all of them the miggle finger.

That is true, in german DIE Macht.
Not Der.

Some fag at work asked if I was going to see it and the look on his face when I said I don’t watch movies for little girls was priceless

If you are upset about the amount of female warriors/leaders there actually is a logical explanation to this.

The resistance has been fighting the empire for decades, naturally the resistance would be run by the men and men would be on the front lines.

As more and more men are killed off the wives/daughters/mothers need to step in to those positions. Think women on the assembly line during WWII.

why does sabine look like a monster?

What do you mean, OP?

youtube.com/watch?v=GKSp1dVTrYk&t=1624s

nytimes.com/2017/12/22/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-women-run-universe.html

>Kathleen Kennedy founded the group in 2012 when she succeeded George Lucas as president of Lucasfilm, putting Kiri Hart, a former film and TV writer, in charge of the unit. Ms. Hart’s first move was to make the story group entirely female, starting with Rayne Roberts and Carrie Beck. Both women had experience in film development but had also worked in other arenas — Ms. Roberts in magazine publishing, and Ms. Beck with the Sundance Institute.

>Their other qualification: a shared love of “Star Wars.” Ms. Hart, now senior vice president of development at Lucasfilm, grew up in Los Angeles a passionate fan of the first “Star Wars” film and especially Princess Leia. “She was doing a bunch of things that women in movies didn’t usually do,” Ms. Hart said.

These are the people now in charge of the canon for the science fantasy franchise that had and still has a majority white male fanbase and following who were so passionate about the universe and its story and characters that it spawned a deluge of tie-in and spin-off and sequel books, videogames and comics but Disney shit all over them and their passion by declaring it all non-canon instead we have shit like this (nu-wars) now.

The only reason girls like certain things is for attention. Rarely will you find a girl who actually likes star wars, vidya, sports teams without the need for attention. Companies only see the girl demographic without taking in consideration how vapid women. Thus they try to cater to girls likes (which could be almost anything because all they want is fucking attention) and ignore their core demographics.