STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI Suffers Record-Setting biggest week-to-week drop in box office history

>The Last Jedi earned an impressive $220 million in its first weekend, but dropped to $68 million in week two - a total drop of $152 million. It's worth noting, plenty of films have experienced drops of $100 million or more between the first and second weekends. Even Star Wars: The Force Awakens dropped off by $149 million following its record-breaking opening weekend in 2019. Still, Rian Johnson's The Last Jedi is the first film to drop off by more than $150 million.

>There are multiple contributing factors to such a record-breaking week-to-week drop, including the fact that Christmas Eve - a typically sluggish time for the box office - falls on a Sunday. Of course, it would be remiss to ignore the number of fans disgruntled by the direction of Rian Johnson's The Last Jedi. Despite a 92% Rotten Tomatoes score, The Last Jedi sits at just 52% audience approval, which means fans probably aren't sitting through the movie multiple times as they did with The Force Awakens.

Source on numbers

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/12/24/box-office-star-wars-the-last-jedi-drops-69-tops-100m-losers-club/#54a61ff5dc05

Jesus christ ahahahahahahahahaha

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UinaxxXXt40
youtu.be/dvaCJCuSiPI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just want this franchise to die already.

I hope Disney is freaking out right now. I hope they are feeling true fear in knowing they've cooked the golden goose

It's going to be a financial success in the end regardless.

Hmm maybe audiences are looking for escapism, not nihilism and heavy handed class warfare propaganda

No that can't be it. Let's double down and greenlight three more Rian Johnsonverse SJW WARS films

TFA was just as bad this movie just didn't had the nostalgia googles

ONE NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
TWO NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
THREE SOMETHINGS GOT TO GIVE

As happy I would be if Disney went under, it won't happen anytime soon, and certainly not because of this """""""""film""""""""

>Hmm maybe audiences are looking for escapism, not nihilism and heavy handed class warfare propaganda

Name A Bigger JUST

these are the idiots now in charge of the greatest franchise of all time. just let that fucking sink in

Thanks for the contribution, champ

It will not be a flop, the opening weekend assured that, but a more important thing will have happened.

They knew they could fuck up star wars. They knew they could make a movie that people turned away from. They locked in theaters to brutal contracts that are going to hurt their businesses, and the theater chains will remember this. They won't lose money on this, oh no.

But when it ends up 500 million to 1 Billion less in their pockets than they thought they'd have, they'll know who to blame.

Merry Christmas Kathleen.

it will still make a billion and nobody cares about audience scores

Kennedy will fire everyone she can to avoid blame

there's no way that trilogy is actually happening now

Requesting the full video of Mark trying to talk and getting interrupted by the director.

>class warfare propaganda

lmfao like Disney gives a shit about the class war

that means goodbye Rian. Then they'll do a Legends of Luke Skywalker Trilogy instead of his.

>WER GONNA MAKE STAR WARS FOR 50 YEARS EVERY YEAR
>irredeemably fuck up the franchise in just four movies, they're not expected to lose money on Solo
>women

OH NONONONONONONONO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>”yeah fuck disney”
>proceeds to do in depth research on numbers drops and box office earnings

You people are retarded.

I HURT MYSELF

>>The Force Awakens dropped off by $149 million following its record-breaking opening weekend in 2019.
TFA came out in 2019?

>working on Christmas Eve

Do your masters have no mercy, mouse shill?

Solo: A Star Wars Story

his masters are jews, why would they care about christmas?

>Solo movie is a complete disaster
>Now this
Boy, and there I was thinking Disney had this SW shit on lock down back in 2015. I wonder what they'll do moving forward.

>already had huge production problems
>fired directors
>lead actor can't act
>follows TLJ

Sheev dubs confirm. Solo is fucked.

>mfw nu-Luke will be some rando JJ finds at a bar mitzvah

RUSSIAN TROLL FARMS!!!

user, it’s Christmas Day in Disney’s™ Online Defense Initiative Outpost #43687 in Malawi

If it doesn’t do mega business on Monday and Tuesday, it’s fucked.

don't forget that investors have all lined up and shoved loads of money to the movie AND SW Battlefront thinking they will astoundingly multiply their investment.
all the investors saw was "gee, the public dowsn't like Star Wars as much as the news and critics hyped it" and that means those same investors will move on. then maybe the franchise can die in peace

3 years ago I would've STRONGLY disagreed with you. Nowadays, I'm hoping that this sickly dog will be taken down.

Anybody else want this to flop just because they hate Disney?

>a total drop of $152 million
Well, that subverted my expectations

i wanted it to flop because i hate Star Wars, but now it's because i hate both

Yes

People won't give a shit about Luke not being played by Hamill.

Merry Christmas Sup Forums

Find me a scene in TLJ that can match
youtube.com/watch?v=UinaxxXXt40

The last jedi not only ruins all future STAR WARS movies, it also retroactively ruins the past films and makes them all look like idiots.

>A New Hope - "Sir we've worked out the final plan for the assault on the death star and it will be risky and cost many lives but it migh-" "Just Hyperspace-Ram it"

>Empire - "Sir the troops are ready for the ground assault on Hoth, walkers are ready to deploy" "Just Hyperspace-Ram the shield generator from orbit then Hyperspace-ram the rebel base. Boom. All the rebels will be dead before they can evacuate, war is over, and we never had to do a ground assault"

>Jedi - "Sir they built a new death star and it's even bigg-" "Just Hyperspace-Ram it" "But sir it's surrounded by a shield from the Endor moo-" "Just hyperspace ram the endor Moon until you take out the shield generator, Ewoks are collateral damage, then hyperspace ram the new death star"

>Phantom Menace - "Annakin you have to take out that droid controller" "Just hyperspace ram it"

>Rogue One - "We have to take down that shield generator!" "Just hyperspace ra- actually you know what were going to just hyperspace ram the death star anyway so we don't even need these stupid plans. Lets get out of here everybody."

>TFA - My god they built an even BIGGER death sta-" "Just hyperspace ram it"

From now on, in every star wars movie ever made, every single time there is a massive fleet, large base or battlestation everyone watching will be thinking. "Why don't they just hyperspace-ram it". Johnson did this to the entire star wars cinematic universe, forever, for the sake of a ten second shot that "looked cool".

Oh no, it will only make a billion dollarydoos, a 400% profit. How will Disney ever recover?

The pilot in your pic was a qtπ4me tho

Let's see how many fall for this bait, I bet it'll get 4 (yous).

At around 23 minutes.

youtu.be/dvaCJCuSiPI

don't forget kelly c.

But the golden goose is the Mcu.

They've shit out like 20 successful movies out of it and there seems to be no end in sight.

Yes, but its tracking for $300 million less than TFA, it's currently being outperformed by TPM even before adjusting for inflation.

Lol that goose is probably getting a little crispy too...

LOOK AT THIS DUDE

i'm sure that Fox buyout may bite them in the ass in the end
>now after Logan, X-23 Wolverine movies will be a quipfest despised and trashed by fans
>receiving the rest of the X-men after Apocalypse
>Hugh Jackman never coming back, even if he recovers from cancer
>Fant4stic, no explanation needed

Is it true that virtually all of Lando's scenes in the Han Solo movie have been cut?

Judging by Thor Ragnarok's box office performance and the normie hype for Infinity War, sure doesn't seem like it.

Well, at least it’s still breaking records

S U F F E R S

lrn 2 hollywood accounting

This. Maybe because I've always like Star Wars, the burnout feels real and hits me hard. Capeshit I can watch and forget, I don't care about discussing it much other than Cate being a Mommy.

The only people I know who didn't like this movie are huge star wars nerds who like everything star wars. Not last Jedi though, that's the line. A good sign for the movie in my opinion.

Putin confirmed Star Trek fan. Probably likes Cardassians as well.

Not an argument.

So many fucking questions.

How did the X-wings get annihilated that fast against a small group of tie-fighters?
Where are the Y-wings?
Why was Poe wrong for taking advantage of the situation?
Why didn't the pink haired bitch just tell them what her plan was? She could've skipped 1.5 hours and saved most of them.
How do you not die in space after being slightly unconscious?
Why is Kylo the only like-able person in this movie?
Why is there talks of sacrificing yourself for others and yet reprimandations by those same people who chose to sacrifice themselves?

Of course they don't but they think that audiences do and thus they hire SJWs to handle their projects

>class war propoganda

hmm, i wonder who could be behind this post...

Okay, so then what the hell was the point of all the wealthy people being portrayed as monstrous animal haters on Cenobite?

t b h TLJ made SW a bit too close to MCU and Disney better be praying right now that this won't infect their capeshit, especially now that they've made so many movies and fans may only still be following by inertia.

Not exactly people with a vision or men or women of excellence.

We get what we see. That's all.

Just do what some others do, declare Star Wars done with Return of the Jedi.

It could still make over a billion worldwide regardless, but that's due to inflated ticket prices.
The movie industry as a whole is failing, especially in the domestic market.

Might wanna update that, user.

>They hand Kevin Fiege a bunch of capeshit
>He somehow turns it into the largest and most successful shared universe of all time, growing it from an average 500 million success to a bunch of movies over a billion, and keeps cranking out hit after hit

>They hand Kathleen the keys to the second most successful franchise in history
>Three movies in and returns are already sinking like stones.

Gee I wonder why

Get a load of this goy.

i didn't make it, and it's not like it matters; the score is still lower than PM whether it's 56% or 52%

Mark looks so defeated and sorrowful in all of these post premier appearances. Such a fucking shame.

The fans aren't sitting through the movie multiple times because they are Racist, Misogynist, Transphobic,Homophobic, Nazis.

Imagine being a reactionary/right-winger under late stage capitalism. You're alienated, your boss is stealing the value of your labor, climate change is going to kill your children, President Trump hasn't done jack shit to improve your life materially, but at least on Christmas Eve you can spend some time writing Rotten Tomatoe reviews and talking about how everyone hates the SJW/liberal propoganda that is Star Wars.

Could it be that Kathleen Kennedy already has a history of mishandling franchises, starting with the Jurassic Park franchise

Is TLJ the Mass Effect 3 of hollywood?

I found this screencap on a Sup Forums thread. Figured you guys might like it.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
>b-b-but y-you have to see it 4 or 5 times to understand it

Imagine living in a post capitalist utopia lile Venezuela or North Korea and being able to spend your Christmas Eve not knowing what Christmas is because the government banned it for being toxic to the proletariat; not that it would matter because you haven't seen a full meal in three years let alone a Christmas feast.

>two women
>two soyboys

What is happening to this fucking country? Where are these people coming from?

>Watch OT/PT
>Somebody slips in SpaceBalls
>Makes sub-SpaceBalls tier humor movie
It all makes sense now

I agree completely. The kikes had to kill the message of the OT because muh moral relativism, and the most effective way to do it was a complete 180 on Luke's character. They didn't care if this film lost money, the cognitive dissonance created by the anti-life message of TLJ was the important part. Johnson is just a patsy.

It's true. Luke as the vision of a powerful, moral, intelligent, clean, good idealization of what Western men aspire to be is just too good for the goyim. It has to be torn down.

That's what 90% of everything happening on TV and Hollywood has to do with. I think that the SJW mentality (created by Jews mostly) despises the powerful, healthy Western male because it intimidates them. They have to see it as morally evil or always see some hidden impurity or disgrace behind it in order to tear it down.

Strength of the Western sort that Luke embodied had to be retrospectively destroyed because it is simply too good.

>The Jews were behind it!

Kill yourself.

I don't understand why they hand over the keys to the Star Wars universe to a bunch of random numales and minorities and women who probably all grew up in San Francisco raised by duel lesbian mothers. Why don't they let Timothy Zahn or some other actual writers who know how to actually plot out a series take over and make the plot and characters at least somewhat decent?

>using wild juan as an example of good Star Wars

Fuck off faggot. Use 4-6.

What did she do to JP?

Actually jews very clearly are behind these new Star Wars movies. This cannot even be argued.

>maybe, just MAYBE Star Wars wasn't perfect, though the critics will never admit to it
>IF there were anything wrong with the movie, I'm ready to throw Rian Johnson under the bus and blame nobody else
How about calling it what it is, shit, and blaming Kathleen Kennedy?

she was the executive producer to II and III. hell, she's even responsible for A:TLA movie and driving Shyamalamadingdong insane.

>The Jews were not behind it!
Kill yourself.

Oh jeez

Because they wanted to destroy SW more than they needed it as a cash cow, and they went for the killing blow by going right for the moral heart of the series. They killed it with the cruelest stroke and are in the process of blaming fans for TLJs failure. My theory is they wanted to make this one controversial but a must-see, then win us all back with Super Force Ghost Luke in IX. But they underestimated what fans would put up with and how significant Luke was to generations of fans.

Fuck drumpfy and fuck the alt-right. Slaaaaaay

>The Jew is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a Jew and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

Something about this kids movements make me want to slam his head into the floor.

a little white kid prancing around like a gay nigger
>Something

No, this is not how financial success is measured. This movie is going to poison the well for future installments anf with Solo around the corner and having needed massive reshoots, if that one is a dud too it could be disasterous for the franchise as a whole. Only a fool would think this is good as long as they make money off this endevour. This ticket was purchased thinking the movie could be good. Next time they will be less inclined to purchase a ticket. This is where the real damage is done. This is why heads will roll.