Even with a black valkyrie, this was a thousand times better than Justice League or The Last Jedi

Even with a black valkyrie, this was a thousand times better than Justice League or The Last Jedi.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Pszfw8Gb6F4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>capeshit kiddies fighting over whose capeshit is better

Black Valkyrie was the least of this movies problems.
Actually it wasn't a problem at all, Tessa's a qt

It felt like watching a cheesy episodic 90s cartoon. and it wasn't bad

>Prove me wrong.

Alright, but in order to set the stage we need to think for a moment about the loss of great friends, the devastation of a son losing his father, and the horrors of watching a people proud and strong eradicated beneath the heel of a monstrous terror. A truly dark, somber moment.

Now make a fart noise with your arm.

It was way better than I expected, good villain, good music, great production design and posters, etc. More enjoyable and fun than the last Avengers movies.

I want to fuck death

I like Venture Bros. Why wouldn't I like that exact thing, but on the big screen with a big budget?

Immigrant Song was the greatest use of a classic rock song, in ages. Fit the narrative.

But now every MCU movie is gonna be filled with pop music, what makes the GotG special?

Not hard to be better than 2 pieces of shit.

Movie was worth it for this scene alone though.

It's better than Just league because it's the worst movie of this year but that doesn't make it good.
It wants to be taken seriously and be a comedy at the same times, the director is one of those pretentious cunts who sniff their own farts and is okay with making everything cg, undercutting emotional moments with jokes and pretending to know what Thor is and making shit up (like the lightning without the hammer shit). Thor will have his hammer back in the next movie and the shit he made up will be undone, depends how they handle it.

>It wants to be taken seriously and be a comedy at the same times

I dunno. I thought it was about 70/30, weighted to the comedy side. Too much Goldblum. It was super comfy and I also agree with .

>making shit up (like the lightning without the hammer shit)
Retard

So Thor 2 had these awesome space ship scenes that totally had me excited for Disney Nuwars. Unfortunately most of the space ship scenes are garbage in the new movies.

Hiddleston is bae.

i think you mean it was worth it when thor did a psycho crusher

>better than Justice League or The Last Jedi.
that's hardly a challenge, OP. you might as well have included the Emoji Movie in the mix

:turd emoji:

The Last Jedi and Thor Ragnarok suffer from huge tonal issues, but The Last Jedi's humor is baffling and cringeworthy. Ragnarok is a better film, even though it might not be better in terms of direction and cinematography.

why is he so likeable? I want to hate him, but I can't.

Fucking awful actor though

While both T:R and TLJ had strange and sometimes bad shifts in tone due to their over usage of humor, T:R was actually entertaining at least and told a coherent story.
Also, Hela was cute. Please post lewds of her

Wierd, I find him kinda charismatic and a overall good actor. Must be something in him that makes everyone love him so much

Valkrie was actually pretty good, had no major problems with her

Thor was a 5/10, JL and Star Wars a 3/10.

Depends on the role, for me. Loved him in "Only Lovers Left Alive" and "The Night Manager," but almost threw my remote at the television, during "I Saw the Light."

It was.

>tfw Clancy fucking Brown voiced Surtur
Opening scene in Hell was so great.

You're right about JL and Star Wars, but Thor was a 3000/10.

This is information that I did not have. Now, I have to nominate Thor: Ragnarok for a fucking Oscar.

It is the perfect comic book movie and Cate Blanchett was an 11/10 in it.

Was unironically metal as fuck

Valkyrie was a good character though. More fleshed out backstory and motivations than most side characters in the MCU and refreshingly flawed for a female character.

I hope that they keep her an alcoholic for future movies or else she will probably turn out bland and generic

Agreed. It was just serious enough and just comedic enough to let the audience know that the film wasn't up its own ass.

Now, JL and TLJ, on the other hand...

Jesus Christ, no it wasn't. This movie doesn't balance shit, it was completely devoid of any real drama or even decent acting (outside of Cate Blanchett chewing scenery).
Ragnarok is the epitome of MCU mediocrity.

>Cate Blanchett was an 11/10 in it
top mommyfu, hopefully she'll come back

>Ragnarok is the epitome of MCU mediocrity.
That's a funny way to spell Age of Ultron

>mfw

I hate this movie because it means we will never get a live action Planet Hulk

That was the previous holder of the title. It had slightly better acting than Ragnarok.

Yeah it sucks but Hulk can't headline his own movies because of Universal. Maybe they can do Avengers: World War Hulk though.

My apologies for not thinking a New Zealand accent is funny enough to be its own joke that gets repeated over and over throughout the course of the movie.
Or for wanting Thor to possibly acknowledge that his 3 best friends died like punk bitches.

>Or for wanting Thor to possibly acknowledge that his 3 best friends died like punk bitches.
I'm sorry you were one of the 4 people in the world who gave a damn about his nobody friends

Chris Evans and RDJ at least seemed like they were trying.
I've never seen someone give as little of a shit in a scene as Anthony Hopkins as Odin informing his sons that he's about to die.
Hiddleston phoned it in extremely hard as well.

The fuck are you even on about? The director's most famous work is a fucking comedy about vampire roommates. Seems like you're the pretentious cunt who read too much into things.

being this buttmad

Yeah, you're right, it really does suck to be a Thor fan and watch this movie.

I mean it sucked to be a Thor fan long before the third Thor movie

I was annoyed that his chick friend died. She was hot af

Fuck off with that race-obsessed shit.

Thor 1 had at least nice costume and set design, and Brannagh got good performances of the main actors.
Thor 2 is really bad though.

How do you even know? The movie didn't give enough of a shit about Sif to even mention her.

Is she dead? Her actress was too busy so her character never even showed up

>Thor is virtuous enough to live the hammer
>throws a tantrum over who won a fight

Wasn't it implied that they all died?
Shit idk, i wasnt really interested in anything outside of trash planet.

Maybe so, but it's the worst Thor movie

>it's the worst Thor movie
Nothing is worse than The Dark World

wrong. he was awful in King Kong because he was miscast, but he's great in other movies, eg High Rise. Loki makes the early Thor movies watchable.

Except it's literally the best Thor movie and makes all the other Thor movies look like shit, which they kinda are

Thor 1 was absolutely better, even with the terrible earth romcom shit.

No the 1st Thor movie is one of the least shitty disneymarvel flicks, it had vision, consistency and good acting.

>even with the terrible earth romcom shit.

that ruined the whole movie, the dumb Amidala cunt was a shit actress

Really?

I'd say everything on Asgard is pretty nice in the Thor movies, and then they leave Asgard....

>plays the immigrant song twice
there is more than one song in the world, fucking christ

>what makes the GotG special?
It is going to do for movies what MTV did for television.

Yeah, Midgard is fucking garbage.

It was to Thor 1 and 2 what The Last Jedi was to the OT.
>Wrong tone for the movie
>too many ill-timed jokes
>flanderized characters not reacting or majorly underreacting to logically grave events
>convoluted timeframe
>underwritten villain
>plot threads carried over from older installments thrown out or mocked with little fanfare

The music was fantastic though.

Thor Ragnarok and TLJ are movies you can watch with people who are not fans of the franchises and not embarass yourself, because the movies endlessly mock therefore for their inherent sillyness.

DON'T YOU DARE THREATEN ME WITH A GOOD TIME!!!

It was to Thor 1 and 2 what The Last Jedi was to the OT.
>Wrong tone for the movie
>too many ill-timed jokes
>flanderized characters not reacting or majorly underreacting to logically grave events
>convoluted timeframe
>underwritten villain
>plot threads carried over from older installments thrown out or mocked with little fanfare

The music was fantastic though.

Thor Ragnarok and TLJ are movies you can watch with people who are not fans of the franchises and not embarass yourself, because the movies endlessly mock therefore for their inherent sillyness.
This.

>jealous britishfag detected

I'd watch Ragnarok again, no way I'm watching TLJ again.

are you implying the first two thors weren't the worst superhero movies in the mcu

>Ant-Man

Not that user, but I've never watched Ant-Man and I have a hard time believing anything could be worse than Thor 2

Hmm, makes sense, I guess that's why my girlfriend liked this movie so much which I found rather confusing because she's not a big fan of the MCU in general.

False, Ant-Man is one of the better movies in the MCU. Iron Man 2 on the other hand is godawful.

Yes. They were unironically my favourites precisely for the romcom angle. I still tear up at the end of Thor 1.
>So Earth is lost to us.
>No. There is always hope.
>Can you see her?
>Yes.
>How is she?
>She searches for you.
*Can you see Jane piano wells up*
*Earth to Asgard plays*
*Zoom through the realms*
Fantastic, I tell you. Only got tossed in the bin through adventures, where the Bifrost is miraculously repaired and Thor becomes le weirdspeaky funnyman.

youtu.be/Pszfw8Gb6F4

>Ant-Man

Apart from the Baskin Robbins product placement, I don't see what's wrong with it. It has qt Evangeline Lily bully Scott Lang with her toned bod. And a fight inside a briefcase.

It was an ok movie. I wish I went it without any spoilers though. I wanted to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the trailers which were unexpected

>adventures
Avengers.

For my money, Winter Soldier was the best MCU film.

And I know they aren't very good, but why the FUCK is it so hard to find the Bana and Norton Hulk flicks?! I happened across them at a local used DVD store, but damn. Never have I seen two bad movies so hard to find.

Ant man was rather enjoyable. Maybe because I only watched it on Netflix. I think it works better as a comfy movie you watch at home

I got chills

This scene from the trailer never made it into the movie, right?

>They were unironically my favourites precisely for the romcom angle.
Literally the worst parts of the movies

>they ruined characters like the warriors three
fuck off. Thor 1 and 2 were bad and no characters were worth saving wtf are you talking about

Thor 1 > Thor 2 > Thor 3

It really sucks when they cast a director who doesn't even like the story/franchise a little, just shitting on it and mocking everything like with TLJ and Ragnarok.

Thor 3 is completely off compared to 1 and 2 in terms of tone and everything. It completely lacks charm and fantasy elements. It's just IAMSILLY scifi straight outta reddit.

Cate Blanchett is a fine actress and all but that villain was every bit as bad as dark elf man. Le ebin ancient brilliant death goddess, more like sword-flinger woman who wanted to kill all her own people and be queen of nothing. She was the dumbest villain in disneymarvel by far.

Right.

>Thor 2 > Thor 3

It's crazy how no one can come to an agreement about which MCU movies are suppose to be good or bad. For example, for my money Iron Man 3 and Ragnarok are both the best of their respective franchises, although there are plenty of people who would disagree with me of course.

I can't, I unironically loved this movie and I will defend MoS/BvS to the grave
Top 3 MCU movies for sure

I love Iron Man 3 but Ragnarok is weird as its trilogy's finale.

>Winter Soldier was the best MCU film.

>not liking Tessa

gay nigger detected

I actually I liked this movie & I don’t normally like superhero films(dark knight series)

Cate blanchett was entertaining as hell

Thor 1 and 2 were garbage movies with nothing going for them except Thor. They had worse stories, acting, music, and performances. They were the definition of forgettable.