Eagles can pick up frodo after the ring is destroyed

>eagles can pick up frodo after the ring is destroyed
>but couldn't just carry him to the mountain in the first place

This is somehow a bigger plothole than anything in Harry Potter series

people seem to always forget sauron has these things flying around
the eagles couldn't just fly straight into mordor without getting fucked by them

in their only encounter with them, the eagles were ripping these things' heads off

Why didn't the Eagles just hyperspace ram into mount doom?

There's also that huge fucking eye that's kinda watching for everything.

Getting corrupt and shit

Mordor is a dark place friend. Not just anyone can enter. Hobbits can because they can't be corrupted by the power of Sauron. That is why hobbits can wear the ring.

The hobbits weren't included as a race that Sauron tried to convert to his power with rings. They were beneath his notice. So when Sauron was finally destroyed, the evil that was present in Mordor was finally gone.

It would be pretty retarded if sauron completely forgot the eagles existed and didn't put any kind of defenses in place to counter them. I doubt they could just fly to the mountain. He would probably rape their minds or something if they got close enough to his eye.

I am about to watch Fellowship of the Ring. Which edition is the best?

Also the eye would have seen them. So they would have likely been shot down or attacked.

>have wizard in party
>doesnt use invisibility magic
Did he run out of mana?

I think Hobbits didn't exist when the ring was made anyway

Theatrical for first viewing

For the first time? Theatrical. It moves, it doesn't get bogged down and have scenes where a conversation drops and gets picked up because it was edited up, and the opening doesn't reveal too much right away.

Extended is better after that.

>have ancient wizard angel demigod in the party
>he just hits things with a sword and yells RUN

why didn't they just use a catapult haha

>So when Sauron was finally destroyed
sauron wasn't actually destroyed though, he comes back in the hobbit as the necromancer

Why the fuck didn't Frodo and Sam just ask to come in politely? Why with all the secrecy? Instead they had a smaller version of Moot lead them all around Mordor. Smh desu senpai

even Tolkien thought that the eagles were a shitty copout of a plot device
>"The Eagles are a dangerous 'machine'. I have used them sparingly, and that is the absolute limit of their credibility or usefulness." — J.R.R. Tolkien on flying the One Ring to Mount Doom
you can make up some bullshit about the entire reason for going on foot was to be secret and thats true but the point remains that seeing as how the physical distances of middle earth are fairly small that the eagles could have just done it anyway and sauron wouldnt have been able to do jack shit in time enough to stop them. If the eagles dont want to suffer any casualties they could have just waited for all the nazgul to be tied up in some battle or another before doing it

dunno if this is bait or not but just in case you didn't know the hobbit takes place way before the lord of the rings

I mean those editions with different color grading. I've seen the whole trilogy years ago and I want to see it again but I am not sure which one is the best one when it comes to colors and shit. Is pic rel accurate? What does "TE" stand for? Theatrical Edition?

weren't they stand-ins for the american airforce in WW2?

>>but couldn't just carry him to the mountain in the first place

Did you forget the giant fuckoff eyeball?

>Insert Bait.gif

why did they get an older actor for frodo and gandarlf then?

the eyeball itself is not shown to have any actual powers. It just directs its own forces. The eagles would be able to fly well out of range of any anti-air capabilities of mordor. The only thing in the canon that they need worry about are the fel beasts which are shown to be fucking destroyed by the eagles in the only instance that they encounter each other in the canon.

Honestly, the eagles are just massive assholes

well if the eagles flew frodo to mount doom he would have been isildur 2.0 and refused to throw it into the fire like he would have done at the end if it wasnt for smeagol jumping on him to take it only to fall into the volcano

The eagles are much more powerful than the fell beasts

The thing is, the eagles just didn't want to take the ring to mordor and that's it. They shouldn't bother helping mortals

>literal god eagles are afraid of upsized bats

Eagles are higher beings, one of them getting a hold of the ring would be on Gandalf levels of bad; they would wreck the fucking world as tyrants. The only reason they appear to save Frodo was because they sensed that The Ring was destroyed.

"No!"

God eagles are not servants.
They would have been seen miles away
Theres also an easier chance for the ring to be found that would make all of the planning of gandalf nil in regards to defending gondor.

Sauron would have gone even more all out if he knew the eagles were coming and gondor would have been boned.

>implying sauron wouldn't snipe the shit out of them

This thread

Sauron could have dominated their minds, he puts Pippin in a fucking coma just by talking to him.

>Eagles
>being able to do the job right

>Helicopters rescue soldiers after they blow up a radar/command base armed with AA defenses.
>but couldn't just carry them to the base in the first place.

this
I don't know how faggots still post these threads when the answer is literally in the canon for YEARS

Well if the eagles would carry him to the mountain the series would be very plain

Hobbits can be corrupted by the ring, it's just much less effective on them. Smeagol was basically a Hobbit and it definitely corrupted him. Also, Hobbits are a branch of Men.