Is it just me or has the quality of the show, animation and writing have really gone down in season 5...

Is it just me or has the quality of the show, animation and writing have really gone down in season 5? Vikings feels like a nickelodeon cartoon now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_UY3EKzvjeE
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi_V3L9AIMI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think that I just got tired of their shtick

"genius vikings ambush brainlet anglos" can only be interesting so many times in a row

>show becomes focused on handicaps, children, and womanpower
>entire thing tanks, show gets cancelled
when will people wake up and realize they do this shit on purpose? They don't like anything you do and defending it will "make you look like a loser", so they slip their grimey fucking fingers into the media that actually makes shit we like as some assault against men as a whole
Serious fuck Disney and everything they touch with their instant-faggot wand

it has mostly been shit since season 3, ivar is pretty much the only reason to watch it at this point

the womanpower thing is totally true but ivar is a real historical character who was pretty important

>thinking anyone will tune in, after Ragnar's death

Dropped.

> no ragnar
> no aethelchan
> no ecbert(?)

I dropped it when they introduced a trap. Trannies ruin everything

I bet he was, doesn't mean we have to see his bowlcut in every dod damned scene. The show started off about Ragnar, one of the most illustrious characters of Viking lore and there were still entire episodes where we didn't see him; not once deadlegs becomes main character

>watch vikings after Ragnar dies.

Vikings was never well-written, but the quality of the show has been declining since season 2 regardless

No Ragnar, no show.
youtube.com/watch?v=_UY3EKzvjeE

Its always about the Chad.

With great Chad everything is good, but without chad or failed chads its all shit.

thats life

>Battle scenes aren't directed very well
>Lagerthas acting is worse then ever
>Turning Ivar into a mustache twirling villian

Its mostly the writing, but there are some good parts about this season
>Aethelwulf/Heahmund
>Bjrorn/Halfdan/Sinric
>Floki

This scene was kino
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi_V3L9AIMI

been shit since season 2 user

bjorn adventures and floki breath of the wild are whats saving this season, i hope it would be all about them

Here's the problem though: the female lead of the show (lagartha) has been for the most part a useless, uninteresting failure. She has been duped countless times throughout the show and she just doesn't learn.

>Ragnar
>implying Rollo isn't the best (and greatest) of all vikings
>implying the scenes between him and Gisla weren't the highpoint of the entire show
no wonder this imageboard has such a shitty reputation

Rollo remains best for being able to learn French, drop the lifestyle, and still remains viking at heart. Never said Ragnar was best, just the main character.

Can we make this into a the Last Kingdom thread, since it's essentially a sequel to Vikings? Ragnar's son pops up older and gets killed by the main but it's still in lineage and similar writing

This show still has the best battle scenes on tv, that's its only saving grace for me
>Lagertha's acting
Fuck I hate her accent
>Kittygut
It's KATTY-GAT you stupid mooncow

The shows always had best battle scenes on tv, but this seasons have felt really empty.

>Vikings makes Alfred the great the son of Athelstan and Judith

What the fuck is this, we know who Alfred's mother was

Facts don't matter here bro
In the course of six seasons we've gone from Lindisfarne to Alfred the Great with several characters barely aging a day

if you think vikings is bad, try watching knightfall.

dear god the trailers made it look good. It's not.

Why is Slagathea still alive

if you think knightfall is bad, try watching troy fall of a city

I get the timeline is fucked and there are composite characters, but when you have a major historical figure like Alfred you should at least refrain from completely changing his family history by cucking his dad and completely erasing his mom

I think the only thing that pissed me off more was the crucifixion scene, what the fuck was that

>multicultural lesbian ruled village
>muslim floki
>HEATHEN duuuuuuur
>nothin personell t. Ivar the Overreactor

Why the fuck are you watching this shit?

but he's not a muslim which is super obvious in these latest episodes.

>muslim floki
See. spouting nonsense like that makes it hard to take you seriously user, because you're just parroting shit you've heard and do don't actually watch the show.

>I posted it again!

>Dur i want it to be historically accurate even though most of these figures have literally no interaction and rarely even exist in the same time period

This show links every major historical figure into a single fictional narrative while still showing their historical impact and characteristics, stop bitching