Goes into the avatar state

>goes into the avatar state
>can barely fucking fly
>jobs every single time

She always throws her body towards her opponents, without any defense, it is like she is begging to be killed in the avatar state.

She was literally dying from them infusing like 10 pounds of mercury into her body.

No excuse for the other jobbing tho.

she went full bomango and it made me erect

Why not use water and air bending to extract it?

>has shit spirituality
>can't connect with past spirits well
>too rash and woman to not do everything based on emotions
korra was written well for her character.
she was also just a shit character.

I too enjoy beefy women

She was a terrible Avatar and someone should have stolen her Avatar powers. Permanently.

>Why not use water and air bending to extract it?
pain?

korra isn't a blood bender nor was she a metal bender at the time iirc.
for her to get all of the mercury out of her blood stream she'd have to bleed herself dry and that would kill her

When the White Lotus found her and she was all like "I'm the avatar and you gotta deal with it !" they should smashed her head against the wall. A decent avatar is worth waiting a few more years for.

Hahahaha how the fuck is mercury poisoning real haha like nigga just perform delicate kungfu magic surgery on yourself haha nigga just be a shaman

She was a metal bender at the time

I thought she had full control of her avatar state? She literally just needed to metalbend out the poison.

well then she might have been able to metal bend the mercury out of her but I'm sure there's some sort of in universe explanation about that

She literally just needed to enter the avatar state, before they could give her the poison and stomp the Red Lotus.

Not really, she did metal bend the mercury that was left out of her body in season 4.

LOL three years later people are still obsessed with this show.

she didn't know she still had metal in her until toph mentioned it.

in retrospect it's surprising they didn't bring in other metalbenders to see if su got it all out.

the interesting thing about korra is that her avatar state was always really controlled compared to aang's, she could have thought she couldn't activate it and bust out of there fast enough before they could get some blows in.

Aang could actually control the avatar state at the end of the series and like the other avatars (Roku,Kyoshi) needed to enter it only for a split second to pull of something impressive. The more interesting thing about Korra is why she has to be in it all the fucking time. I also think you are seriously overestimating Korras mental capabilities if you think she was thinking about something like that. Not to mention she would have been forced into it either way so that explanation makes no sense.

actually i meant to use the word subdued instead of controlled, but i don't know if hers is just not as strong compared to her past lives' or if bryke nerfed it in general. i'm inclined to believe the latter because they've said her avatar state didn't suffer any loss of power from the connection being severed.

>I also think you are seriously overestimating Korras mental capabilities if you think she was thinking about something like that.
i honestly don't think she was because she was probably scared shitless at the time.

You are probably right, but Korra being dumb and Bryke nerfing the avatar state is just so unsatisfying.

do you just make up shit to hate this shit

Not him but the avatar state was HEAVILY nerfed.

>Governments are all slowly becoming democracies
>Air Nation patrols the world fighting crime
>technology is quickly surpassing bending
is there even a need for an Avatar anymore after Korra?

That Lotus member just stopped Zaheer ever getting free Kuriva trying to take over the earth kingdom and halted the mass migration of spirits
Truly a hero we needed

no it was not

never understood what's stopping the avatar from remembering all the previous life skills and techniques if you're connected with them at all times. Other than meditating you can even chat with them.

>democracy is infallible and perfect
>technology doesn't carry as many new and different burdens as it was designed to fix

Imo the only interesting stories left in the Avatar universe are all set before the events of LOK.

Yes, it was. Just compare Korra to Aang. Aang was a fucking kid and he still were several times stronger in the avatar state. Just look at him vs Ozai. Ignoring the sozin comet power up for fire bending he was still performing bending on a much bigger scale than Korra ever did.

also
>airbenders are correct no matter what forever and have perfect discretion when handling punishment for crimes or deciding what are crimes

Their bodies don't have the same muscle memory.

she was fucking dieing how strong do you think she needs to be and buy that time her link was broken with the other avatars

She went into the avatar state more than once retard.

Nigga what? How would that even work?

wind-scythe and water kidney jutsu

>in the span of 3-4 years, cutting edge technology progresses from roadsters & radio to literal fucking mech-suits and this universe's equivalent of Metal Gear, made from unbendable materials
>entire martial art founded on goal of allowing non-benders to subdue and suppress benders.
>lightning redirection, once a pinnacle of firebender capability, used as part of a fucking factory job.

tfw this isn't Jojo

I don't know why people bother with these cartoons. The creators aren't very clever, and they don't have the ability to research and retain enough information to build a cohesive, interesting world. I don't expect much, but this doesn't do it for me.

I read Mistborn era 2 for my gun mage fix.

It wasnt really stated to be mercury. If It was It would make even less sense.

How can people be this retarded? You can notice that the people is retarded because they start talking like bending is only used to fight, and not part of the everyday life.

Hell, Fullmethal Alchiemist showed pretty well what people who can manipulate things around them can do in a more modernized world.

Can bending create a giant fucking mecha that shooting lasers?

Yes.

You literaly pilot it with metal bending, and the process of making it with bending makes it much more viable - even if it is actualy a retarded weapon to begin with.

Hell, it was defeated with bending.

Didn't it do exactly that in season 4?

You only use bending to pull levers that could easily be pulled without it. By the way S01 mechas were piloted by nonbenders. It's like you're saying that just because you can use bending to press the butons on a computer, bending can 'make' a computer.

Also, you can't shoot a goddamn laser with it.

>It was defeated with bending
>After getting past it's impenetrable armor with technology
>And getting Lucky that the interior was not made of Platinum (and sonehow they couldnt sense It?)

See

>You only use bending to pull levers that could easily be pulled without it.

Kuvira way of piloting it was more pratical, and allowed to more fluid moviments.

>By the way S01 mechas were piloted by nonbenders.

And defeated by benders.

But I really DONT see your point, considering that non benders defaeating benders is something that happened even on the old show, and I speciphicaly said that this kind of shit doesnt make bending obsolet, because bending is more than something to shoot at other people.

>It's like you're saying that just because you can use bending to press the butons on a computer, bending can 'make' a computer.

You can literaly use metal bending and fire bending to build a robot. Hell, if you want, you can use water bending to help the process too, or even air bending as an alternate souce of energy.

>Also, you can't shoot a goddamn laser with it.

The laser is retarded, and would be better if it wasnt in a robot.

>After getting past it's impenetrable armor with technology

Are you saying that benders can't use technology? Why?

>And getting Lucky that the interior was not made of Platinum (and sonehow they couldnt sense It?)

Are you implying that making dozens of robots like that is something viable? As it is, the franchine already has insane amounts of platinun. Hardly that thing would be pratical or mass produced, platinun is hard to find.

>"I'm the avatar and you gotta deal with it !"

"Oh yeah??"
*snaps ur neck*

GOOD END

Honestly I never watched it so these threads are the only way I can learn about what actually happened in the show. It just wasn't worth watching but it's interesting to know what happened.

Just shoot the avatar. Easy. The only reason guns weren't invented is because "duhhh turn off your brain bro lol"

This is the most retarded thing I've read today.
Good job you stupid cunt.

They'd have to be platinum bullets, which you'd think would be impossible given how rare the metal is, but then look at how many platinum mechs were running around.

No they wouldn't, they would just need to be faster than the other guy can bend which isn't that big of a deal.

Not as bad as Wan though. That dude was a fucking psychopath and the biggest jobber in existence.

>Kills his own villagers for trying to get food to feed their people

>Causes ultimate evil spirit to be free just because he felt he had the right to intervene.

>Has all 4 elements and the avatar state, and is only person in the world to have trained in the arts apparently instead of just throwing the elements around rashly

>Still loses war and dies to bunch of really really shitty untrained benders and humans with sticks/swords

Which episode was this revealed on? Sounds cool.

"Beginnings part 1-2"

Just watch the Wan episodes, he is portray on the surface as a loveable goof prankster, but he is a fucking unfeeling selfish hobo psycho who literally doesn't care about the consequences of his actions until Vaatu literally tells him to his face "I'M GOING TO DESTROY THE WORLD IN A YEAR HAHAH!"

Which you whatched guy?

yeah, which is why arrows have been useless in the avatar universe for generations

Hmm remind me.. does an avatar have to learn all four elements in order to be reborn? Or could an avatar be born if they previously had died during childbirth?