Went into this show wanting to like it

>went into this show wanting to like it
>Found it impossible to do anything but revile
>Not only disappointing but angry-inducing, especially given the hype. >Started thinking about it's primary flaw,
>After bingeing the whole series I finally see why this show fails on a crucial level

There are no. Fucking. Stakes. I swear to god, the threat level in this show is nigh-zero. The show wants the viewer to take it and it's melodrama so seriously, but all the ridiculous crying is offset with the fact that outside of the corrupted Gems (Which are quickly dispatched and made irrelevant), there's no real danger present at all in the show. I think the hospital episode was the closest it came before pulling back. The villains don't really present a sense of threat either for the sparing screen-count that they're on, and there's not nearly enough to balance out the fluffy sappiness of everything else. It's made worse by the fact that there's an entire war and child soldier thing alluded to which the show brushes under wraps.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=fem lars SU&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS655US655&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi165DGotnTAhWDxYMKHfI1DhoQ_AUICigB&biw=1601&bih=664#tbm=isch&q=genderbent lars SU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

0/10
The entire world is at stake.
Try harder.

10/10
Completely agree.

the duality of user

Season one had the illusion of an impending threat, that's part of what made it so good. The stakes in the episodes right before Jail Break felt very real, and then again building up to the Cluster. Problem is nothing really happened from there. The only thing SU did well was exposition and build up, that made you feel like things were developing, but really it was just piling on new information. When it comes to actually developing the story, the show doesn't know what to do.

except it's not. an intergalactic empire is written to buffoonery levels exceeding the Galactic Empire/First Order from Star Wars. they can't even take care of 4 rogue gems, a hybrid, and two traitors despite having warp travel, space weaponry, and the ability to corrupt gems from the other side of the galaxy

You seem to enjoy shows that run purely on high stakes.

Maybe some more adult shows would please you? We could really do with less of you people complaining about how shitty the show is/has become, as if that hasn't been a major complaint since the very beginning.

What is it with this show that just locks people in like they have stockholm syndrome? Just fucking leave.

>>Not only disappointing but angry-inducing
If something makes you angry because you didn't like it, the problem is you.

>Season one had the illusion of an impending threat, that's part of what made it so good.
This. After the majority of season one where the gems were shown as incredibly capable fighters you actually see them show fear. It's like a child looking at their parent being scared. It's a shame the later seasons couldn't do this.

What do you expect from a piece of Tumblr pandering garbage like SU?

You remind me of someone who likes steven universe.

>dislike something
>watch the entire damn thing anyway

What is wrong with you.

Not OP but I do this so that if I decide to talk shit about something I can't be dismissed with "you didn't even watch it".

That's really stupid user.

not if you enjoy discussion about things you think are objectively bad and want to point out it's flaws

you shouldn't scream about how blacks are violent criminals until you've looked at the statistics behind crime and race

Don't you fucking judge me, my uncle works for Sup Forums

Not either user but I disagree. Why not form an educated opinion before you shitpost about something?

Why shitpost to begin with? I don't see the point in investing in something you don't even like. If I'm not enjoying a show, I just drop it and move on like a normal person.

>There are no. Fucking. Stakes.
It's not a vampire story.

>normal on Sup Forums
Please fuck off

>why speak out about things you believe are wrong

>not fighting for your beliefs is normal now
this timeline is the worst timeline

Newsflash: It's a fucking cartoon.

guess what
everyone values things differently faggot

I suppose you're right.
Still seems like a waste of time and energy to me though.

That and none of the main characters outside of Steven have any goals (well Lapis and Peridot and Jasper used to before they got ruined)

yeah man, I like cartoons but it's a bit much for me too.

If Lars was a woman, the show could have been saved.

He didn't even have any before very recently. In fucking season 4.

fem lars is cute but I doubt it would impact the story very much.

I just want a show as reknown as SU at the very least have something worth watching other than ukele playing and tearing up.
The fact that's praised as this "Deep and complex" show is even more insulting. It's like AT 2.0 but the knee-jerk pullback and baiting on all of it's tension and setups is even more embarrassing.
>Stop complaining about the show being shit
This reads as "I'm uncritical and will literally eat shit shoveled into my mouth rather than have a complaint." The show could become breadwinners and you'd still gobble it up.
> Just fucking leave.
You know neither of us can do that.
Therideneverend.jpg

Then what is the show about? Friendship?

space aliens idiot, stakes are a garbage weapon against aliens

completely different monsters

I think you underestimate their abilities.
Not to mention even if you don't find a villain threatening it can still be entertaining.
Absolutely no one finds Emperor Pilaf a threat but that doesn't make the first story arc of DragonBall a bad show.

Pilaf was better villain than YD and BD.

In what way?

Not that user, but Pilaf actually DID shit. It was stupid shit and he always failed horribly, but at least he was doing it. Making plans, building robots, rounding up soldiers, squaring off against the good guys.

What have YD and BD ever done besides yell, cry, and send small handfuls of goons with varying levels of plot armor?

He was an actual threat to the main characters

>It was stupid shit and he always failed horribly
He was about to kill Goku and friends with his oven trap. Also, he brought back to life this motherfucker

They inspired good fanart?

Being here at all is a waste of time and energy so what's your point

>tfw you want to fuck your bf but have to wait for your parents to fall asleep first

>Dragonballfag
I bet you like Dick Tracy

Not the guy you replied to but really who doesn't like Dick Tracy?

Idk if you know this and are playing along or not, but "Dick Tracy" is the nickname Dragonballfags gave to the deviant-artist behind the image I posted.

I am aware of the "Dick Tracy" film.

>watch S1
>"well, that season was okay. Sure would like to see more monster battles."
>S2 onward
>crying and singing and annoying new characters

Sugar does it again.

google.com/search?q=fem lars SU&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS655US655&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi165DGotnTAhWDxYMKHfI1DhoQ_AUICigB&biw=1601&bih=664#tbm=isch&q=genderbent lars SU