Cartoons that marked History

In your opinion which are the cartoons which marked or will mark the history of animation?

Pic unrelated.

Spongebob,Avatar,Adventure time

MLP:FiM

came here to post this

also total drama island

Late Looney Tunes
Early Disney movies
Early Pixar movies
If I'm being generous I'd say The Simpsons, but really they're just a modern Flintstones - an animated sitcom. The Simpsons used to be very heartfelt and actually about a family, but now it's about these wacky zany characters doing wacky zany things.

Uh just to be clear, "late Looney Tunes" as in 1940s and '50s, not '70s and '90s.

Steven Universe

>cartoons that marked the history of animation
WACHA!

Early Spongebob: I hopefully do not need to explain this, it is just extremly funny and good

Invader Zim: High budget animation with an unique dark atmosphere, something rarely seen in cartoons, thus making it stand out.

One Piece: Shows how animation in japan has changed over the time, is also the biggest Japanese cartoon which created huge impact in Japan and Germany

MLP:FIM: Without any doubt the best example of 2D puppet animation by far, which is pretty big since puppet animation is going to be the main form of 2D animation. Also will get footnotes from English teachers and maybe historicans for S5 E1+2

>If I'm being generous I'd say The Simpsons, but really they're just a modern Flintstones
In concept, yes, but the glory of The Simpsons is in the execution. Very few shows hit a golden spot where almost every episode is a classic for 4 solid seasons, never mind just cartoons. They deserve notoriety just for that.

>best example of 2D puppet animation
The fuck is "puppet animation"? You mean just using Flash and tweening shit? Wakfu has them beat in almost every single way possible, there, especially since their base character models and backgrounds are about a million times more well-designed.

Trips don't lie.

Regardless of its quality, it shall be remembered by the likes of Tumblr for all time.

Avatar: Last Airbender definitely. It came out when I was 11 and it really was one of the first cartoons not to treat children like stupid beings unable to rationalize complex themes such as racism, war, genocide, absent parents (who were either dead or had been banished), the stigmas found in disability, etc. It was also the first cartoon that could be enjoyed by adults and children alike, as its audiences was mostly composed of teenagers and college-aged kids.

Sazae-san's been running since 1969 and has higher viewer ratings than One Piece.

No other cartoon has created such a wave of autistm in history. I am fully convinced that MLP:FiM along with Adventure Time were the pillars of the cartoons of 2010 onward.

Not the user you're replying to, but the horse show definitely has more expressive and fluid-looking animation. Wakfu does look a lot better overall, but the animation can be kind of jerky.

Fluid doesn't mean better.

It's only more expressive because the characters are more exaggerated, that's a stylistic choice and has nothing to do with the quality, nor does the actual smoothness of the tweening because that boils down to a single setting during rendering. Besides, I get the feeling Wakfu purposely uses a lower framerate during their animation to give the feel of an older anime. However, their actual use of motion and sense of momentum, fluidity and depth kicks the shit out of MLP.

To say that the better-animated show is the one that is more smooth and expressive is like saying the best car is the one that is fastest and has the brightest paint job.

mickey mouse

Nobody gives a fuck about the One Piece anime, it's all about the manga.

One Piece has been airing since 1999. Obviously people care.

I wish this wasn't so influential that it ushered in a new era of animated film, but it kinda did.

>>pic unrelated
Hahaaaaaaaaa fuck you.

Exclusively came to post this.

Well I guess we can turn this bait thread into a positive discussion for once

also that dog one