Why do we care about his reviews of the Prequels again?

Why do we care about his reviews of the Prequels again?

Other urls found in this thread:

thestarwarstrilogy.com/starwars/post/2014/09/03/The-108-page-rebuttal-to-Mr-Plinketts-Phantom-Menace-review
youtube.com/watch?v=I7jTfgXfaCU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because theyre accurate criticisms of each film.

/thread

Because they are entertaining and actually bring up good points.

If he's so wrong, then you shouldn't have any problems debunking his arguments.
Why do you think 'durr hurr Reddit Letter Media' is an argument?

t. reddit

We dont. Or at least people with half a fucking brain don't. RLM and Plunket cater to nothing but the lowest common denominator when it comes to movie reviews and should be avoided at all costs. After his dick sucking of the sequels you can pretty much throw what little credibility he has out the window.

Not an argument, you shitheel.

>If he's so wrong, then you shouldn't have any problems debunking his arguments.
That's the thing: his arguments have been debunked. His response? "lol 100+ pages im not gonna read it lol what a nerd"

Most the reviews are minor nitpicking, but some of the overall problems are pretty spot on.

They're not nearly as bad as he makes them out to be, but they're not truly great movies.

Source?

100+ pages of passive aggressive nitpicking, at least plinketts reviews were entertaining

their review of the prequels was the only half decent thing they've every done and ever will. It's quite sad really.

They're entertaining
But as time goes on I disagree with a lot of their points, particularly the RotS review
I still like watching their different videos but I tend to be really hit or miss on whether or not I agree with liking the movie or not

Based Kerplunk. I wouldn't read a smal book-length response someone sent me either.

You're going to have to dig. Try searching "redlettermedia rebuttal" for the first essay, and then I believe their response was in one of the videos announcing that a new review was out (maybe for episode 3).

>100+ pages of passive aggressive nitpicking, at least plinketts reviews were entertaining
So like a Plinkett review, except in text form, minus all the shitty "jokes."

For people who grew up with the OT his reviews are spot on. The prequels were were boring and disappointing. For younger people it may be different. The sequels have raised the quality of the prequels by at least being identifiable as SW and not generic space war trash.

>make a long video essay about the prequels
>someone replies with an equally long essay
>"it's too long reading is hard"

Whoever wrote this shit clearly has no sense of humour.

thestarwarstrilogy.com/starwars/post/2014/09/03/The-108-page-rebuttal-to-Mr-Plinketts-Phantom-Menace-review

>le reddit meme
Its like talking to a child.

well you take the humor, whether you like it or not, out of the review yeah it would be pretty similar, in which case I doubt many people would have an interest in it

oh looks it's a contrarian anti-rlm post on Sup Forums

Because they're funny. I remember crying with laughter during the "red flags for men" segment of the Episode 2 review the first time I watched it.

Fanboys dont have a sense of humor when their favorite logo and brand gets made fun of.

Who is this cum dumpster?

>we

maybe you should kill yourself
because they're enjoyable, accurate, and relatively concise descriptions of something that went terribly, terribly wrong. The prequels are something so staggeringly awful that it's hard for one person to wrap their head around it all. They're so bad that you feel almost confused at how awful they are. These provide clarity and are a document for posterity on how to truly dissect something terrible

I hate when retards think they're smart by looking at every single sentence and just saying "That's wrong".

>guy is right
>"well he has no sense of humor"
Wow you sure proved him wrong.

just read the intro to the rebuttal, you can tell this is the type of guy that huffs his own farts

Smug people arent usually mentally stable people.

Did you write this? If you want me to prove him wrong here you go:

"The 108 page rebuttal is untrue"

BAM

>guy is wrong
>yet you think he’s right
Autismo

Plebs need someone to think for them, even if it's wrong.

Is there going to be a Christmas Best of the Worst this year?

If he's so wrong, then you shouldn't have any problems debunking his arguments.
Why do you think 'durr hurr autismo' is an argument?

Can someone even refute the rebuttal of RLM's nitpick fest?

well the first point about him disagreeing about TPM not making sense is just him saying no mike is wrong, I'm right

second point is fair, as the review sets up george lucas to appear to be an out of touch director.

third isn't even really him arguing against anything. he even points out he makes some fair points

>Lol his review is shit
>Oh yea??!?!?! Debunk ALL of it then!!!!
>Uh... Ok sure.... here it is
>LUL 2LONG LMAO DIDNT READ XD TURN YER BRAIN OFF DESU

The absolute state of RLM cocksuckers

>well the first point about him disagreeing about TPM not making sense is just him saying no mike is wrong, I'm right
It's something he demonstrates throughout the entire essay if you'd actually read the whole thing.

You have to be 18 to post here.

well since you've read it and I haven't can you give me a quick summary of what exactly plinkett was wrong about the movie in regards to the plot not making sense

I'm not Cliffnotes. Read the essay.

>Comedy group creates funny video
>Turbo-autist interprets it as an argumentative piece rather than a comedy piece
>Writes 108 page long thesis attempting to debunk all of the points made
>Can't understand why people who don't suffer from severe autism aren't willing to read it

No, what I can't understand is why would you ask someone to debunk it and when they do you say "too long lol". Just admit you're a little cocksucker brainlet fanboy that's ok.

>"it's just a comedy video not meant to be taken seriously"
I agree, we shouldn't take RLM's video seriously. It's just for laughs and contains no real factual information. Anyone using its jokes as argument points is a complete and utter fool.

This kind of extreme black and white thinking and inability to understand that someone might hold an opinion that lies in between either extreme is a common symptom of autism spectrum disorders.

Not an argument.

This is untrue. Basic smear tactics.

>prequelfag detected
still butthurt eh?
see you around, kid

>please refute my arguments
>here it is
>lol 2 long lol autist lol uh... nerd lol *wipes forehead sweat*

It's really either one or the other. It's either making argumentative points the can be rebutted in a comedic fashion, or it's just a comedy that isn't meant to be serious. You can't play both, as you've tried to, where you claim it proves the prequels were bad, but then when people counter the points it makes, hide behind "it was just a joke" like a coward because, if it was just a joke, then it never should have been taken seriously in the first place.

Quads of truth.

You are so embarassing m8, those guys are right: you have terminal autism.

hackfraudmedia is better than rlm ever was

youtube.com/watch?v=I7jTfgXfaCU

>those guys
It's just you.

This. Mike is a natural wit and has created a cottage industry out of hanging out with his friends.

The IP count only goes up when someone disagrees with you, who are also the OP. It's really cringeworthy.

It's been the same this entire time.

Why do you care so much? It's just a review. I'm truly sorry that you feel inadequate enough that some guy's video completely invalidates an entire, mediocre at best, trilogy that you for some reason love.

Because he put into words what everyone felt about the movies, and he's kinda funny.