youtube.com/watch?v=B2RlnEBHt5s
youtube.com/watch?v=TtyagR-fyIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hOqxVeYP2_E
youtube.com/watch?v=g-49-_QYxEY&t=3s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>horse + dyke
>best girls

the real best ship

Unironically this. So much wasted potential...I will never forgive them for smothering it.

why would a 1000 year old manic depressive want to be in a relationship with a kid? she hangs out with him because he's fun, but it's all fleeting because she knows he will die and she'll move on to other friends

Finn dealing with her flipping between moods would have been good material.
>hay Finn, is it alright for you to be flirting around like that? aren't you and Marcy a thing?
>honestly I don't know bro, she said she wanted to be friends, made out with me with tongue for 8 hours straight and then her phones been out of area for 6 weeks.

iktfb

>not doing cycle planning

What Tier would Jake consider lesbo?

They had fantastic synergy in early seasons. Henchman and Go With Me were GOAT episodes. There's just two people being themselves around eachother, doing what they enjoy most. Doesn't need to be romantic, but there was definitely a connection.

Point is- it's just one of those things that should've worked but didn't because the folks in charge obviously don't want it to. And ever since the yurishippers snaked their way into the staff and Finn's character went into total derailment after the vapid excuse for a love interest that was Flame Princess, there isn't much to work from anymore.

T
H
I
S

FOOLS!
HERE IS THE ONE TRUE retarded SHIP

no this

no finn and marcy version?

Finntress is the irrefutable best ship.

My comrade

Marceline is for PB only.

Cancerous ship

Bubbline fags.
Not even once.

I was not prepared for these feels

Can't we get along Finnceline fags? I don't hate you guys.

No

I don't care for Fubble, but I really like this image.

>care for the image
As you should peasant

>Can't we get along Finnceline fags?

NO, your ship is the reason Finn and Marceline don't even hang out anymore

A bigger crime has never been committed than them not interacting much anymore.

for you

That's not true. They stopped having Finnceline episodes in like season 4, and Bubbline wasn't really a thing until season 7. I agree that it is a shame we haven't had more Finnceline episodes, but bubbline is not the cause.

A bigger crime has never been committed

Absolutely even if they did not end up in a romantic relationship they still had the kind of chemistry that made them absolute fucking bros

>Bubbline wasn't really a thing until season 7

they've been hinting at Bubbline since "what was missing" in season 3

Ah, yes, the 'I guess we'll keep it' form of birth control.

Yeah, but how many episodes did they get focus together since then? None until Sky Witch, and then none again until Varmints. It's been about 5 years since the last proper Finn/Marcy episodes, they could've easily fit more in if they chose to.

I am almost certain the VAs don't like each other.

It's at least for sure the reason that Finn and Marceline haven't been hanging out for the past two or so years.

Before that it was moreso the sad Simon stuff that killed Finnceline.

But they're the two VA's who have co-opted the most Q&A sessions together and usually they have a good time.

you havew my axe finncelinefriends

and you have good taste as well

I find it weird how people like Marceline because the only thing that happens when she's around is forced drama. Aaahhhh Simon, aaaahhhh dad, aaaahhhh sunlight, aaahhh red, aaahhhh I wanna fuck that bubblegum.

Some people get off on that shit dawg. Oh yeah, sad backstories and relationship drama and angsty songs, do me harder baby.

Marceline used to be cool but then that stuff completely overtook her, and when she isn't crying about something or other she's just being sort of boring. Girl lost her edge and is too generically nice now.

>Some people get off on that shit dawg
you mean way too many

How did people like Marceline in the Princess Day episode? She was more like her old self in that right? Haven't seen it in a couple years to be honest, though.

This one hundred percent.

We just need an episode of Marcy gooding around with Finn and Jake without Bubblegum around, then she can act like her old self for a while. I say this despite liking Bubbline, Marcy needs to be more than PB's girlfriend.

She was more of a jerkish prankster which I appreciated but I remember that episode being really boring. Also it was really hypocritical what Marceline and LSP said at the end about being bad people, they were huge assholes the breakfast princess but then said some shit like "Just because we did that doesn't mean we're bad people" or something.

Marcy's song in that episode was pretty bad, real awkward to listen to.

The way the show goes out of its way to avoid this makes me think they just have no idea how to write Finn and Marceline interacting anymore. They've both changed quite a lot, so I guess the show just has no idea how they would act together. They've come a long way from Marceline preying on Finn's childish nativity and shit.

>liking Bubbline

I think they can write it, but as you allude to, it's not as dynamic as it used to be,. They're basically good friends that enjoy hanging out, and there's not a lot more to it. That's why I am really curious about how they're gonna write these two in Marcy and Hunson.

they didn't have whole episodes focusing on them but any interaction they have from season 4 on hinted at a previous romantic relationship

and since every news media outlet covering adventure time decided that marceline was gay they decided not to upset that opinion and show her on-screen with finn who she visibly had much more chemistry with

>They're basically good friends that enjoy hanging out, and there's not a lot more to it.
They had such a strong base to build off of though. All they had to do was take Marceline adventuring more than like once every 80 episodes and from there her and Finn's relationship could progress somewhere instead of being stuck in stasis like it has been for over 4 years. They feel more like acquaintances than best friends at this point.

They just don't make the effort, which I think does come back around to them not knowing where to go with it.

>I think does come back around to them not knowing where to go with it.
But where do you go with it? Marceline is fully developed now as a character and her dynamic with Finn doesn't need to change. The only way to include her in an episode with Finn and Jake is to arbitrarily decide they should go on a random adventure together, like in Red Starved, which can be cool, but there's not a lot of ways to go with that.

>Marceline is fully developed now as a character and her dynamic with Finn doesn't need to change.
It would be nice if that dynamic could actually exist though. Marceline and Finn being pals and hanging out is something that the show hasn't focused on for like 5 years at this point. Even the new Hunson episode is gonna likely be focused on him and Marcy while Finn is a sidekick at most.

It's weird because it's not something that needs to be shown I guess, but it just doesn't feel natural at all compared to how those two used to be hanging out all the time in the first 4 seasons. So it would be nice to get a throwback to that.

It's implied that they do hang out offscreen, like how in Betty they're having a jam session, and the start of Dark Purple when they all go to get soda. I agree that those relationships have been neglected though, and surely they could find some way to include Marceline in Finn and Jake's adventures every now and then.

>Even the new Hunson episode is gonna likely be focused on him and Marcy while Finn is a sidekick at most.
You're probably right, but if they don't fit in some nice Finn/Marcy moments, I'm gonna be mad.

Second post best post

I dont know why but for a while I've wanted an episode of Finn taking Marceline to the dungeon train so they can hang out there and spend a while wrecking high level enemies. Seems like something they'd both enjoy.

Has there ever been an episode around Marceline and a concert? Not like The Music Hole, but they seem to gloss over that while the comics are all over it.

I was bored so I found the two clips I was talking about, plus a couple extras.
youtube.com/watch?v=B2RlnEBHt5s
youtube.com/watch?v=TtyagR-fyIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hOqxVeYP2_E
youtube.com/watch?v=g-49-_QYxEY&t=3s