SEALAB 2021

Sealab 2021 gets way too meta after Murphy leaves.

Agreed

Less funny too.

Sup Forums always creams their pants when this show is mentioned. Is it only because of the first two seasons?

So that's why it stopped appealing to me. I always wondered why it felt like it had a drop in quality just before and after that.

The one where they're at the awards show and someone in the audience stands up and asks if they're supposed to be the actors of the characters or the characters themselves gave me a pretty good laugh at the time, though.

>only because
Don't phrase it like that isn't achievement with what they were working with.
A concept like this could have easily divebombed on the first try but they managed to get it down pat for two seasons.

Shut the fuck up.

You sound like lolly gator

I AM BIZARRO STORMY

I'm regular Stormy

whole lotta pod sixers in this thread

>Murphy's unfunny replacement tells the audience at the end of his first appearance that if they don't like him, they "can go watch anime."

I thought this particular line was hilarious but yeah, Sealab sucked after they lost Goz.

Y'know, Quinn was all about race equality, but why didn't he ever stand up towards the real discrimination? Pod six contributed just as much as the other pods!

I tried finding that quote for someone who was posting non-Sup Forumsrelated stuff

Yes. But for good reason: Those first two seasons fucking ruled. They were some of the best material in [adult swim] history.

UH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

...man, fuck Pod 6.

Oh my fucking god, get off my safe-pod you fucking shitlord!

Yeah, but that's because the first two seasons are fucking hilarious. Easily some of the best comedy Adult Swim has ever put out.

The first two seasons is experimental animation at it's finest. Some episodes are boderline genius. Be it an episode where they repeat the punchline to a joke for 8 straight minutes or a whole episode that is nothing but a single frame and the voice actors talking over it.

They truly experimented with the limited resources the had and made the most out of it. I wish more adult animated cartoons experimented like this show did. Instead in the 2000's we got a slew of shows that were just raunchy and edgy for the sake of it, because that's what makes the show "adult" apparently.

Wasn't that Goz's kid, trying to do his best to fill the missing role of his dad? I mean, there were more misses than hits, but in a way it's good he tried.

It was Harry's son, yes, and that was very sweet. And he was a good VA too, he just had unfunny scripts to work with.

I'm regular Stormy