Why do people like this show? I'm seven episodes in and it's the most boring and cliche thing I've seen in a long time

Why do people like this show? I'm seven episodes in and it's the most boring and cliche thing I've seen in a long time.

Other urls found in this thread:

arythusa.tumblr.com/post/160348554172/we-really-need-term-like-cis-i-feel-like-they
arythusa.tumblr.com/post/160348302332/the-thing-is-people-who-ask-for-representation-are
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think people say it gets better later on? I have a friend who loves it and tried to get me into it but it felt like a chore watching episodes.

They are waifufags.

That's it.

Pretty much.

Either want to fuck her or the Mexican trap.

It's honestly kind of trash till you get to the season 1 finale. Season 2 picks up really rapidly but it has a couple of trash episodes as well. The only good episodes I remember from the first season are the mewberty episode, the blood moon ball, and the finale episode, which sets up the "shit gets real" for season two.

For example, that autistic little gremlin actually becomes a full fledged villain in the second season, as opposed to the complete moron he is in the first one.

This, Sup Forums will worship any show with a cute female lead, even if it's total dogshit.

Season 1 was trying to be a different show than it ended up becoming: by episode 7 you mean Cheer up star, right?
Things take a turn when one of the board teams completely rehauls an episode with Mewberty

>mewberty
>waifubait turns to monsterwaifubait
so fucking what

Because we stuck with it until the good part instead of quitting after seven episodes and assuming the quality stays the same. It picks up in Season 2, 2b especially. Either stick with it, find a "which episodes to watch" guide or give up on it (so long as you don't become one of those "I WATCHED 10% OF THE SHOW, THE WHOLE THINGS SUCKS YOU ALL ARE AUTISTS FOR LIKING IT" threads like this faggot probably does)

>I'm seven episodes in-
Aaaand down to the trash it goes. Watch it all before establishing an opinion about the entire show, will ya?

The first half of the first season is garbage. Unlike this rube I don't blame you for assuming that it's trash, because I did

Seven episodes should be more than enough to judge a show, golden rule is to watch 3 episodes beofre forming an opinion

Not his fault that the fucking hacks of the SU crew needed that fucking long to get their show going

/thread.

People who watches this is either a shipfag, homo, trapfag, or a pedo.

>Seven episodes should be more than enough to judge a show, golden rule is to watch 3 episodes beofre forming an opinion

That rule is total garbage, I can't count the number of shows that take longer than that to get moving, especially if the main draw is character relationship, lore or world building.

So people would even go so far to argue only one episode is enough. The point should really be no one's forcing these people to watch SvE. I don't really get why they are coming here for justification on not being entertained.

>muh lore
God I fucking hate what AT did to cartoons

I'm not saying you should watch it or anyone should be forced to watch anything. Just that you should watch the parts people like before calling the whole thing bad and making "Why do people like this?" threads. You are totally allowed to not watch SvE, but you can't judge it until you actually see the thing in its entirety.

>Implying AT started that

To me the best part of the show is the shipping stuff, the love triangle between Star, Marco and Jackie. Some very powerful scenes happen as a result of that. That doesn't really start developing until season 2. Also if OP is only on epidode 7, the only villain he's seen is Ludo who starts out as basically a joke. The real big bad is revealed later. Finally as the show goes on you realize that there is more to it than you thought, a lot of stuff that starts out looking like lolrandom stuff they slapped together randomly actually has a lot of deep lore behind it.

Anyway OP, since you're on episode 7 at least watch episode 8, that has the Blood Moon Ball which is a good one and gives a hint of the later shipping stuff, and the second half also introduces the new villain who becomes an actual threat.

Cliche is a meaningless word now.

Real talk though, the main draw of the show is the hardcore cuckqueaning.

I think by "episode 7" he's talking about 4a (Cheer Up Star)

This
The only reason I watched the show was to see a 14 year old girl have her heart broken.
Most episodes seem pretty bland, but the fan AUs are kinda of cool

this show is bad because of [buzzword]

Well if that's what he means, that's nothing, he's only seen 3 and a half actual episodes.

arythusa.tumblr.com/post/160348554172/we-really-need-term-like-cis-i-feel-like-they

Pic related? Jackie's hardly in the first season at all

You either watch because you think Star is cute, you think Jackie is hot, you think Hekapoo is thicc, or you think Janna is funny (you probably think she's attractive too).

Or you self-insert as Marco so you can get closer to any of these girls.

It is literally waifus the show. Not saying it's literally all it has going for it but it's all anyone really focuses on.

arythusa.tumblr.com/post/160348302332/the-thing-is-people-who-ask-for-representation-are

What is this, why are you even posting these?

The header said it was storyboarder's blog.

Your point? If they have as much influence in infecting SvE with SJW bullshit as they had in GF, then we shouldn't be worried at all.

I was just posting it because it's technically Star Vs related.
Just trying to start a conversation.

in the time it takes for this show to "get good" I could watch a series that is good from the get-go.

I honestly don't know.
I got kinda hyped when I saw a sneak peak of the show, because it looked like an amalgamation of a bunch of shit I liked, but it's painfully mediocre and the ship teasing is intolerable.

I wouldn't be so harsh on it, since we all like stupid shit, but these fans have a tendency to praise their show while shitting on other shows that are objectively better.

Pretty much this

That's never happened.

Shows that take their time to build up their story and worlds tend to blow "good right away" shows out of the water though.

Like?

>objectively
I was wondering when this word was going to show up.

Objectively pretty much means "in my opinion, and my opinion is the truth of the universe" nowadays, it's sad

Oh, fuck off. Everyone just wants to "start a conversation" these days, and never actually take action. Are you bothered by it? Write a letter to Devon, voicing your concerns. Or better yet, buy her whole fucking studio and fire all the SJW types. While you are at it, why don't you also instate your ship as canon? Anything will be fine, just don't post something to "start a conversation". People come here to discuss things that interest them or to (on rare occasion) actually start a project, not debate dead stale news from weeks ago.

Pixtopia actually respected fairy lore
Mewberty was great
it gets better

Only show I've seen SVTFOE fans shit on is SU.

samurai jack

Ain't that just Sup Forums though?

most likely because sve is full of disillusioned su fans.

There are a number of shows that are great, and critically acclaimed because they have garnered a significant adult audience as well as a child audience due to good writing.

This isn't one of those shows.

It's clearly not written with an adult audience in mind. Which is fine--there's nothing wrong with liking something not intended for your demographic. I'd be a hypocrite if I said otherwise.

I guess I just find it a bit confusing as to why it's so popular on here.

No one cares what you think though.

I'm a huge Star Vs fan and I've never liked SU despite giving that show plenty of chances to suck me into their story.

I'm gonna give it another chance, probably. Worked for Star Vs. Maybe Rebecca Sugar isn't the retard every episode of SU that I've seen has led me to believe she is. Stranger things have happened.

This show is cancer. The "you need to watch all 40+ episodes or your opinion is shit!" excuse is really pathetic and shows that people these days eat up hyped overrated garbage like this and don't care about consistent quality anymore. It's a terrible habit to watch a show that has only 10 good episodes. Everybody told me that the blood moon episode is the best episode of the first season and if that's considered the "best" then this show isn't as good as everybody says. I think the main draw of this show is the boring ass romance tropes that they're going for in the girl lead + male lead and people seem to love self inserting as that spic kid. I think that's the only thing this show has going for, crazy shipping fanatics because every time I look it up it's there's hundreds of fanart of the two main characters.

>The "you need to watch all 40+ episodes or your opinion is shit!" excuse is really pathetic
that's a valid excuse for all shows

Tons of shows and anime take a while before they really take off, what the fuck are you on about?

who hurt you bb

Star is fucking hot, dude.

Do we really need to have this fucking thread every day?

I like making this thread to shit on people who like this show. Because I can.

This is our life now. 2-3 Star threads at once about mostly inconsequential and uninspired repetitive bullshit 'till the show comes back.

Corn have mercy on us all...

I watch it for the monsters, though.

In fact if you don't care about the main character at all you could just start with Fortune Cookies, then Mewnipendance Day, then Storm the Castle, and just keep rolling into season two where shit gets good.

Burning through it myself. Finished 3 episodes I believe; can't remember. It's alright. Nothing special, but I'm willing to see where it goes until I get bored or got something more important to do.

I understand when a show needs to get its footing after a certain amount of episodes, so I'm keeping an open mind till near beginning of Season 2. Gives me a Gravity Falls vibe; starts off mediocre enough then picks up speed later on.

Season 1 is pretty trite. Season 2 gets a lot better but is still clearly for an age demo too low for most to enjoy. It's not as bad as Loud House about that, though.

I don't see how it comes across as aiming any younger than Gravity Falls was

What kind of miserable fuck existence do you have?

Star doesn't. Well, it's a stage below GF, I guess. Loud House is a good 5+ years below that, though.

Point being, I wouldn't expect it to get too serious about itself. Good example: Marco lives out an entirely different life and is basically a 30+ year old man living in a teenager's body midway through season 2, but it's used as a gag and is never brought up again.

The only thing treated with much levity is anything involving the creator's projected relationship with her husband, visa Star and Marco.

>waifuing anything with that artstyle

Ludo in the wild made it good.

Ludo's mom is pretty hot, in a scummy trailer trash kind of way.

wut

but the artstyle is good

>SU tier artstyle
>good

She looks cool and dark in the family painting. She's just old and worn out now.

Kill yourself normalfag

I'm a lorefag.

>SU
Far from it, m8.

>667

Marco will forever be off by one.

I'm just bored.

It's a good break from vidya, and I got nothing else to watch. Not at S2, but I'm willing to gamble my time for something interesting later on down the line.

I don't think you hate the art style for its visuals, just that it reminds you of something you don't like. I mean the CalArts style had been "overused" so much that you get sick of it eventually, that does not mean that it's necessarily "bad" it just triggers some negative sentiments based on your experience. I haven't seen too much cartoons with that art style so I have no problem with it yet, also it looks comfy.

Keep watching it

fandom is too crazy I guess

I miss old Ludo

I like the irony of that image. S1 Ludo is dressed like a villain while S2 Ludo is dressed like a clown, yet S1 Ludo is the joke while S2 Ludo is the threat.

This and Ludo's development. Nefcy gets off to making cute girls suffer endless pain I swear.

You see some of old Ludo come back when Glossaryck is training him and Ludo treats him like a father figure. Cute as fuck.

maybe cause she's ugly

Oh yeah, I love that episode. Really think Ludo will be the real hero in the end.

Well considering Star is her self insert it probably is more complicated than that. Either way the madwoman needs therapy.

I love you. Hope you'll see this.

What's the significance of 668 user?

To be fair not every show can be good right out of the gate. Most people agree the Simpsons took a few seasons to really get good.

It was supposed to be 666 but Disney didn't let them

667 668 669

I thought she was StarFan13. and yeah, they all need therapy. how did they manage to go from "Star is trying to figure out how to lead her country and live together with monsters" to "I like/don't like Marco, make the worst ship"?
and that ending - ugh, "I do have a crush on you blah blah". seriously, who would say that in the room full of people?

A total spaz. Which Star is.

>implying I can't watch it for the cosmic battle between good and evil
>implying magical fantasy conflict and world-building isn't what gets me off
maybe if I had shit taste like you

lol. right now I just care what happens to Ludo, Toffee and Eclipsa

Star and SF13 are Nefcy's inserts. Star is the popular, fun magical girl Nefcy always wanted to be and is a vicarious OC, while SF13 is IRL highschool Nefcy, aka a dorky nerd with few friends wishing she was popular and fun like the cool girls.

On one hand, Nefcy rewards star as her OC self-insert; on the other, she punishes Star as a kind of revenge against the girls who were 'better' than her back in school.

I don't see it as any kind of revenge or punishment. If it was Star would be more of a bitch like Brittany. I think Nefcy just enjoys torturing cute innocent creatures.

great, that's what we need - more millenials with highschool traumas