Lies/Misconceptions that cartoons tricked us into believing

>mfw I thought jellyfish actually produced edible jam

Other urls found in this thread:

coolantarctica.com/Antarctica fact file/antarctica environment/vostok_south_pole_mcmurdo.php
youtube.com/watch?v=y894QNtX0VA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>cartoons show broccoli is disgusting

>broccoli is gross
>clouds have mass
>shrinking makes things lighter
>smart people are experts on everything
>alcohol and drugs make you hallucinate

>throwing ice into a deep fryer would give you deep fried ice cubes

Never again.

So Mexicans live in a cartoon world?

If you prayed to god for help he could get you out of bad situations

>>broccoli is gross
It is. Celery is better in every way.
>>clouds have mass
They do. The average cumulus cloud is over a million pounds.
>>alcohol and drugs make you hallucinate
Some of them do.

>clouds have mass

Clouds do have mass you fucking mongoloid.

Celery has almost zero taste and nutrition. It's filler.

You pukes know what I meant.

that's not inaccurate

Celery is also literally toxic.

Celery contains certain toxins called psoralens with potentially carcinogenic effects and goitrogens with potentially anti-thyroid effects. Celery is also one of the vegetables highest in pesticide content, unless it is organically grown, and is vulnerable to a kind of mold called mycotoxins

Celery contains a kind of natural toxin called psoralens that can cause the skin to become more sensitive to the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation, a condition known as phytophotodermatitis. As such, they are considered photocarcinogenic.

Also known as glucosinolates, goitrogens are a compound made of sugar and sulfur that can have a negative effect on the thyroid, namely inhibiting its iodine uptake.

For a while I thought jawbreakers were fucking huge because of how big they were in Ed, Edd n Eddy.

literally why would you ever eat celery. it's fucking sour garbage tasting nonsense with a bad aftertaste as well and it's poison

>The average cumulus cloud is over a million pounds.
Really? Huh.

IKR! BROCCOLI IS DELICIOUS

because when you get buffalo wings you can dip the celery into the blue cheese

>Autistic people can't use the bathroom

It's only an exaggeration of the truth.

Although burgers with goat cheese and jam are pretty great.

Should've said
>clouds are solid
You fucking dumb retard
Go back to elementary school you cuck

You could say shit like this about literally any food. The only way the bad effects would come to fruition is if you were to eat absurd amounts of any particular thing. It's like how vital and basic drinking water is yet you can die after chugging so much.

It is if you boil it.

How dare you reply to me

But that shit's yummy when boiled.

Eating it raw is the nasty way for salad-fags.

Not Sup Forums but I got a question wrong in geography class one time because I said a jungle was in russia due to MGS3

I got a question wrong once because I said the biggest desert in the world was in Anarctica and I was right. This isn't Sup Forums related either.

>get this on trip to candy store
>wont actually fit inside my mouth
>died a little inside that day

>I was right
>des·ert2
>ˈdezərt/
>noun
>noun: desert; plural noun: deserts
>
> 1.
> a dry, barren area of land, especially one >covered with sand, that is characteristically >desolate, waterless, and without vegetation.
No, you weren't. Under the same logic we could say that there's a jungle in Russia. Simply call it arctic jungle, the Sahara is actually just a dry ocean.
I mean, it is in some manner correct- calling the antarctic desert-like- and more contemporary dictionaries allow the use but in the level of basic education it is overall a very silly and rather counterproductive practice. Like when you ask "Can I..." instead of "May I...".

no its not. Celery will burn your hands if you pick it.
And the "get sick" volume is quite low. As well as the causes gout, if you eat too much of it.

read a book or ask another botanist.

It's true that celery absorbs far more pesticide than other crops though.

I got something like that before, only it was on a stick for easy licking. There was gum at the center.

Be yourself!
Fuck all those people telling you that what you believe is ridiculous

You mean jelly
There's a difference

I can't fathom how young you'd have to be to believe jellyfish made jelly.

when i was a kid I legit thought that these rice balls were in fact donuts like brock said. I thougt that the white part was dough and the black part was some kind of black/dark coloured jelly that didn't fall off the donut

Jam is made from fruit, jelly is the wobbly stuff you make from a packet

They AREN'T?!

Next you'll be telling me the moon isn't made of cheese!

Jam = crushed fruit
Jelly = strained juices

this is jelly

*gelatin

>Not liking raw broccoli
I devour that and cauliflower when I get the chance. The looks people give me never get old. I bet none of you eat peppers like apples.

>thought the moon was cheese
>thought onions made you upset
>thought The North Pole was an actual land mass

>thought The North Pole was an actual land mass
I thought this for a long time, and remember ardently defending it in kindergarten. And I was a kid who knew a lot about geography, too

>thought roadrunners could run really fast
>read an animal book
>find out that they only run at 20 mph and can actually fly

I heard it increases your male phermones.

You can deep-fry ice-cream and soda though.

You can deep-fry anything if believe hard enough.

>[American Dream Intensifies]

Unless you're some filthy britbong, that's fucking Jello/Gelatin, not fucking jelly.

>anyone that plays sports are jerks and bullies

>girls only care about the jerks/jocks

Oh wait

>Ignore a bully and they'll go away

There's a gene that determines this actually. Many who don't like it taste a chemical compound others without it can't detect. It tastes exceedingly bitter and smells horrible to them. If you don't have it good for you because broccoli is amazing for your health.

>Mfw I remember thinking the north pole was an actual candy cane colored pole on top of the earth

>be nice to a bully and they'll become your friend

nah

Scientifically deserts are defined as areas which receive under a foot of precipitation a year, so yeah, op was right. It's like saying evolution isn't "just a theory" when evolution is a theory, but a scientific theory rather than a standard English theory.

Just sounds like whiny fags that just need to eat their goddamn broccoli.

the "especially" sets off the following clause of "covered with sand" as a commonality, not a rule

tfw no deep fried gf

Thats me. It's like how han people even bother with those bitter bushes of death. Friends tell me its good and I tried all the ways they suggested. Each time an overriding bitterness took over. Maybe if it was blended into a pasta sauce I might not detect it.

Tom and Jerry tricked me into thinking Jerry was the 'good guy' when I was younger

I always hated Jerry with a few episodes being exceptions

It's still not really the best idea to be teaching scientific technicalities in basic education; in astronomy for example, a "metal" is defined exactly as every known element except for hydrogen and helium, but if you teach a 12 year old that definition he's going to face some trouble in the future.
I also hope you have some sauce on that claim.
>dry
>waterless
Ah, nitpicking, can't have a discussion on the internet without it.

Antartica has ridiculously low precipitation and liquid water

Only good guy in Tom and Jerry is Rex (or Butch or whatever his name was)

You said so, not me.

coolantarctica.com/Antarctica fact file/antarctica environment/vostok_south_pole_mcmurdo.php
>never actually rains
>rainfall figures are calculated by how much rain there would be if the snowfall melted
>1/5th of an inch in the middle of the continent for the entire year
>8 inches a year on the coasts (again converted from snowfall)
>not a desert, guys

Has there been any cartoon that teaches kids to beat the shit out of their bullies if they still refuse to leave them alone?

It's incredible how you managed to already prove my main point in some twisted manner, weak to the point I even basically tried to leave it behind, by trying to defend yours and yet you carry on by posting something that neither defines deserts in a way that conveniences your stance nor even acknowledges any of my statements about education.

I think the horse show did that

What are you even supposed to do with this?

Closest I can think of off the bat. .

Ruin your mouth forever

Lick it.
Break it up into smaller chunks.
Melt it.

>Popular kids are evil sadists
>Nerds are misunderstood geniuses
>Tomboys like shy guys

>miniscule precipitation
>lack of vegetation
>lack of liquid water
the only thing separating Antarctica and your autistic vision of a desert is sand and heat

the purpose of teaching Antarctica to be a desert, you mongoloid, is to provide an example that rules and public perceptions about the natural world are rarely 100% true. It's not to make kids look like idiots, it's to make them apply critical thinking to situations that seem to have an immediately obvious answer, but the immediately obvious answer is in fact incorrect.

>alcohol and drugs make you hallucinate
youtube.com/watch?v=y894QNtX0VA
>Acid makes you think you're a dolphin
From what I've heard dissociatives do that to you, though.

We're all too old for this to matter, but I turned my bullies into friends by becoming a complete class clown and making them laugh. It started when they wanted me to yield a seat at lunch to them and I just refused and started pelting them with insults, and they thought it was hilarious and daring because I was just some loser, and this quickly turned into an ironic appreciation for me. It was still disrespect, but it was a painless kind of tolerance. In time, that ironic appreciation for my antics became sincere. I miss them now.

I knew a guy tipping on acid who sat in the corner for the whole party because he was an orange and was scared being touched would make his juices come out

>he still can't see it
wow
>rest of the post
Nice sizzling hot opinions there, I like how you rather than try to comprehend my point make up your own version of it in your mind to try to ridicule me. All this even though I have already admitted it wasn't a very good point in the first place from the very beginning.

>anything involving how to get girls
Worst advice ever, will backfire 100% of the time

>tfw just assumed they were powdered and the black part was a little napkin/paper thing to keep your fingers cleaned

>calls them donuts
>then calls them riceballs
>then calls them sandwiches
>also called a fire a flame type
I genuinely thought Brock was retarded

I'm glad that celery is garbage because it tastes terrible.

>Billy...Fighting outside a hockey rink is wrong
>But i'm not real, so do what you gotta do

God I miss this show

I can't jelly my cock up your ass

Fun Fact: that gene also controls how semen tastes for certain people.

When do you eat pineapple to make your semen taste better for a partner, and how much of it will you need?

They make neither

>Tomboys like shy guys
;-;

I never thought I'd say this, but I kniw that feel.

This guy seriously thinks clouds have no mass.

Not a kids' show, but South Park had an episode where Wendy beat the everloving shit out of Cartman in order to get him to shut up. Was a refreshing change of pace from the whole "ignore it and tell an adult" bullshit, even if it was oriented towards adults. Maybe some parents saw it and it made them think.

>Devour cauliflower and broccoli

>Eat peppers like apples

my man, me and you are ubermensch

>I bet none of you eat peppers like apples.
you'd lose that bet

>Someone else to likes raw cauliflower
Finally.

Why does Sup Forums have such a boner for broccoli?

I will eat broccoli in any form. Raw with ranch dressing, in soup (especially broccoli cheddar), baked with bread crumbs and olive oil, etc. The texture is lovely and the flavor is perfect. Anyone who doesn't like broccoli is a degenerate.