Post comic book characters whose movie/tv counterparts are better than what they were in the comics. I'll start

Post comic book characters whose movie/tv counterparts are better than what they were in the comics. I'll start.

Okay, I admit, I haven't read anything with Deathstroke. But he doesn't seem as interesting to me.

Easy.

Then you need to start reading Priest's run.

posting in this thread before bane shows up, because Sup Forums is more predictable than their flagship meme movie

To late

LEL

they really need short hair bucky in the movies

But Bucky hasn't done shit in the movies outside of getting brainwashed. How does that make him better than the comic version?

Was being TOO SLOW part of your plan?

Yes. Short haired Sebastian Stan is superior Stan. Hopefully we will get him during the Buckycap run.

did baby fall asleep for civil war?

>Cucky
>Memestroke
>Captain Reddit
>Meme Stacy
>literally whos

Man, he really does look like Luke Skywalker.

Better than HydraCap and Old!Steve, yes, but superior to Ultimates Cap? Nah senpai.

OP probably read too much Steve1/Bucky gay fanfic and now thinks that the characters had more than 15 lines in the movies.

What were you trying to accomplish here?

Oh, totally. That knife missile was top-tier.

He got mind controlled in that movie too. Outside of that all he did was say, "I'm not worth saving Steve" or "I don't do that anymore."
Again how is that better than the comic version?

>Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
>Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool
>Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman
>Heath Ledger as The Joker
>Chris Evans as Captain America
>Anthony Mackie as the Falcon
>RDJ as Iron Man

HAHAHAHAHAHA no

>Batman
>Joker

fuck off

Bet that sounded better in your head.

>These are the only versions of the characters I know.

>Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman
>Heath Ledger as The Joker
Yeah nah Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill were the best

>I am a contrarian autist hurr durr

The Dark Knight saga paved the way for the MCU, you fucking autist. By making them more grounded to reality they managed to attract the support and favor of comic and movie fans alike.

The MCU is horrible but the characterizations for Batman and Joker were terrible. Don't even remember Batman ever throwing a batarang. I DO remember him falling off a building with Rachel and not using the bat rope because Nolan hates Batman and Batman fans.

I like a few of the MCU characters better than their comic counterpart. Captain America, Falcon, Iron Man, Scott Lang off the top of my head.

Some are worse though, like Hawkeye, Thor, the GotG and most of the villains.

EMH knew its characters so well

What they did with Hawkeye was a crime. What the fuck were they thinking when they decided to go for fucking Jeremy Renner? Other horrible casting choices are Jeremy Irons as Alfred (why they didn't go for Sean Pertwee instead still boggles my mind) and fucking Jesse Eisenberg. They could have had Jason Isaacs instead because let's face it, he was solid in Justice League, but no, fucking Mark Zuckerberg is a better choice.

Assaid, Priest's Deahtstroke that's currently running. Now.

It is seriously the best Rebirth book and given how shit marvel is lately, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to call it the best current cape comic.

This.

the only one I agree with MCU Cap

and pic

>Implying ASM movies isn't one of the only two occasions Gwen Stacy was good.

Fuck that Goblin guzzling slut.

In Disk Wars, maybe. In the MCU tie-in cartoons no way, although Evangeline Lily will be a pretty great Wasp.

sebastian stan is a cute

but comics bucky had been blessed with some good arts prior to this past year

>good arts

Comic book artist have been lazy fuckers for the past few years and they just copy the looks from the actors of the MCU. For example they have used Sebastian Stan as a face character for Bucky since 2011 and Steve's closeups bear more than a passing resemblance to Chris Evans.

As much as I like her, I don't get why they cast such an old actress, she's 37 already, turning 38 in August, she has a single movie going for her at best and that's it.

The only fucking answer is Scott Lang. They had to kill him, bring him back, AND kill his daughter to make him interesting in anyway.

but her character isn't janet...?

40 isn't that old in actor time. Most actors start getting good around their mid 30's and on top of that makeup can make someone look ten years younger than they really are. I mean Chris Evans looks like he's in his mid 20's and he's 35.

He was a decent Sabretooth, but better than Silver age through early 90's comics Sabretooth? NO.

Chris Evans is gorgeous and looks like a 25 year-old without makeup.

Essentially alien smuggler Merle Dixon. It's hard to do better than that.

Yes he is and also has both booty and mantitties. He is just the perfect human.

Would be funny if Norman Reedus got a role in these movie too.

>Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
>Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool
>Chris Evans as Captain America
>RDJ as Iron Man

These were well cast, user, but this thread is about movie versions of characters that were better than anything the character ever was in the comics, and no, that's just stupid. A movie version being superior to source material is a rare phenomenon usually reserved for side characters and C list or lower.

Apt.

It's partially trying to cash in on character recognition hoping that normies will pick up comics after liking a movie.

The other part is that some characters were so well cast that the actor did resemble the classic depictions of the character, so of course there's no reason for them not to look like the actors. You also have to consider that some of these characters were created at a time when comic art was much more simplified and there was no detailed shading in coloring, so yeah, modern comics can't look like classic comics unless the art is intentionally retro right down to the style of inking and coloring.

Dat T&A

Basically all MCU characters are better than their comic versions, at least on average.

It's more or less the definitive Marvel U at this point, far more quality control ensures it stays good

A part of me wants that for keks, but most of me doesn't want it because forced memes and Daryl fan girls are cancer. I love Daryl, but god damn, rabid fandoms ruin everything.

Or maybe the user actually likes the version of those characters better, it's not that hard to believe.

I've read Brubaker/Waid/Gruenwald/Kirby/Remender/Spencer/Millar Cap and I still like his MCU version the best. I enjoy him in 616 too, but I never found him as likeable as in the movies. Sometimes a performance just brings out the stuff that you were missing in the original source material.

This. Also, one of the few men that could give you a titjob.NO homo.

Learning that R Lee Ermey has range beyond "gruff army guy" was a delight.

No, I can understand liking movie Cap better, I'm just saying, with there being so many comic book versions of Cap, many of them very good, it's a bit ridiculous to assert that the movie version is better over all. Cap does come the closest, though, out of the characters listed.

Thing is, with the best of the MCU movies and casting, they're destilling the character down to the most memorable and lovable aspects of who they were in the comics. It's still derivative of the best of the comics. Where as with more obscure characters, c listers, side characters, they can really take the derivative material and add to it to really expand on the character.

Is this bait? I can think a bunch of choices that are horribly miscast:

>Mark Ruffalo
>Jeremy Renner
>Elizabeth Olsen
>all actors playing villains minus Vincent D'Onofrio
>Tom Hiddleston
>Chris Hemsworth

And needless to say, the DCEU is even more of a colossal mess when it comes to shit casting choices.

Agreed with all except Hiddleston. His retarded fanbase aside, he's actually doing a good job in the role. Even more impressive when the Thor movies have been so shit, he somehow manages to elevate the weak material.

DC:

>Henry Cavill
>Michael Shannon
>Russell Crowe
>Kevin Costner
>Laurence Fishburne
>Christopher Meloni
>Harry Lennix
>Ben Affleck
>Jeremy Irons
>Jessie Eisenberg
>Ray Fisher
>J.D. Morgan
>Jason Momoa
>Ezra Miller
>Will Smith
>Jai Courtney
>Jared Leto
>Joel Kinnaman
>Scott Eastwood
>Chris Pine
>David Thewlis
>Joe Manganiello
>Willem Dafoe
>Dolph Lundgren
>Dwayne Johnson

Yep, it is terrible.

Obligatory

NGGHH...short haired Sebastian is best Sebastian.

>Sean Pertwee
Everything I wanted in a live-action Alfred.

I understand some people prefer the classic frail butler version in BTAS but Pertwee really gave off the vibe of a man that whipped Bruce into the man he is.

Yeah, I agree, he's good. The movies are horrible, but he's good.

>Mark Ruffalo
>Jeremy Renner
Enjoyable but really miss the mark of the character.

>Elizabeth Olsen
Not even the same character.

>Vincent D'Onofrio
Perfection. I actually kind of like Diamondback purely because of his blaxspoitation vibe carried.

>Tom Hiddleston
The only non-absolute dog-shit parts of the first Thor movies were the Asgard scenes, which he did a great job at. Especially with his confrontation with Odin about his heritage.

>Chris Hemsworth
Absolutely off. If anything, he's a comedic role for his personality and that's all they do with him. There is no epic sense with him, no foreboding threat if you wrong him, it all feels half-baked.

I admit I have read almost zero Marvel so I have no clue how Banner SHOULD be like, but Ruffalo's Banner is probably my favourite MCU character.
Just Banner though, I don't care for the Hulk.

Maybe because she's a good actor who fits the role? Just a guess

Lol and? Are you THAT triggered? Marveldrone please.

Silly DCuck, I am no Marveldrone but rather someone who has good taste. All superhero movies are shit, but it is undeniable that the MCU is miles ahead in terms of content and quality than the DCEU. Most of the movies have been panned by the critics and the casting of those movies is frankly ridiculous.

Agreed.

This means you never read any classic Cap, since it's channeling that more than anything.

Agreed.

Adding Spectacular Spider-Man's Tombstone and Miles Warren.

>classic Cap

You can't be fucking serious. There's a reason why DC was miles ahead of Marvel at the time and it is because the character was extremely boring. 1940s Cap was just propaganda, while 1950s and 1960s were extremely boring. On top of that, when they tried to spice things up with the fucking Nomad arc it backfired spectacularly.

>All superhero movies are shit

Nice meme

Compared to the comics? Yes they are. While you can have 10 issues of a comic running one storyline during months, in a movie you are constrained by time to a run of 2 hours at most. That means there's hardly any character development and everything just feels rushed.

>Jeremy Renner

I still think they should've cast Jensen Ackles.

Yeah but comics go on forever

Sometimes a conclusive end is a good thing, not to mention the fact that characters' deaths usually get respected; unlike in comics. Take Logan's death in his movie, it was tragic, it wasn't meaningless and the moment had a lot of weight to it and there wasn't a dry eye in the cinema. In the movies I know they're not going to cheapily bring him back in some cheap, tacky, shitty manner, bring an older version from a different reality into the fold, bring some shit replacement like Jimmy Hudson into the movies or any other 'replacements' aside from Laura; they're going to keep him dead unless the X-movies have a reboot and they're going to respect the character.

That's a moot point, considering the 10 issue run opens the door for pointless and overall shitty events, gimmicks to sell comics (x character dies FOR REAL THIS TIME, x character is gay now, x character's arch nemesis steals their identity) and damage control via constant reboots and retcons. A platform for longer storytelling isn't automatically better

I presume you graduated from middle school, so stop using that dumbass ultimatum where you need to either love something or hate it

Vibe's New 52 book was actually getting really good before it got cancelled