LUKE IN THE LAST JEDI WAS ALL GEORGE LUCAS' IDEA -- DISNEY DIDN'T WANT TO

what the fuck is this guy's major malfunction?

He keeps ruining star wars more

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/last-jedi-luke-skywalker-exile-george-lucas-idea/
cnet.com/news/george-lucas-says-disney-ditched-his-ideas-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How much are you getting paid hourly to post this dumb shit here?

You are pathetic.

>"disney didnt want to" in the thread title
>pic named george lucas

If you're gonna shill make it more subtle. Also OP, tell your boss that she's not paying you enough for this damage control

It's like pottery, it shatters under the mildest stress.

Is this the new narrative you're pushing after the Russians/alt-right review bombing one got BTFO? It's even weaker, shill

the fact he is in exile isn't the problem

the exile wasn't the problem. the reason why was

Was making him a potential child murderer his idea too, shill?

the fact that lucas had a shitty idea should surprise no one, the fact that disney took a shitty idea and ran with it should surprise no one either

>TFA: ''Luke is in exile to look for the first jedi temple''
>TLJ: Luke came there to die and rot.

George's idea or not, it was fucked in TLJ.

DAMAGE
CONTROL

Except all of George's 7-9 stuff has been leaked to the internet for ages already

Nice try Mouse shill

>blame nearly everything about TLJs failure until you come back around to George
Laugh. The fucking circle is now complete. Exile wasn't even an issue, it's an interesting idea. The execution of why he did it and "resolution" is.

Him being in exile wasn't the problem, in fact it makes a lot of sense

god you shills are fucking retarded. if the exile part was the problem, we would made a fuss about it after the force awakens came out

Why was it a problem?

>Luke did I ever tell you about how in the future you'll become a sad joke of a man because you had the impulse of butchering your sister's only son in his sleep because you thought he was going to become nu Darth Vader, but then he freaked out and run away to ACTUALLY become nu Darth Vader and you sat on your ass and did nothing but squeezing the disgusting tits of a space manati? You'll be a good friend

lukes exile is great
neet life best life

I wonder if Luke ever posted on starchan

Hi, OP!

George Lucas really can't get a break, when he has nothing at all to do with a fucking movie, it's still his fault it's shit.

What would his favorite boards have been?
>/out/
>/diy/
>/x/

except I really like Lucas and think Disney has fucked it all up

>Shills have now entered the bargaining stage
>W-well it was Lucas fault. Yeah, that guy, what hack, right? hahaha

>TFA: look is looking for old artefacts, etc, he left map in R2D2, to be found
>TLJ: look actual didnt want to be found, is in hiding to rot and die
The problem wanst the exile or the reason, the problem was TLJ

George Lucas originally had the idea that 30 years after Return of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker was in a bad place and shut himself off from his friends, refusing to teach a new generation the ways of the Jedi. So again, you can put your blame on the man who gave you the prequels when you whine about Lucas doing it better. There is one major change though. George Lucas was going to have Mark Hamill's Luke come back midway through the events of Episode VII

try harder you dumb Disney shill

I like where this thread is going.

don't forget /lit/

The same luke who thought he could change the second most evil person in the galaxy back over to the good side, got a little scared because he saw some evil thoughts in his nephew? enough to attempt to kill him? huge character flaw

also kylo is not shown to be anwhere near as intimidating as vader, so if vader didn't scare luke, why did kylo?

>it was alt right
>it was russian
>it was manchildren
>it was fanboys
>it was Sup Forums
>it was george lucas

What's next disney?

Not even Emperor scared Luke. He told him to fuck off in the throne room

>browses /lit/ but never reads
accurate

>it was JJ
then they cancel his involvement in IX, replace him with joss whedon, and wipe his name from VII

so now we're now in the "Damage Control #44 point the mistake to other person" route ?

You forgot the equally false
>fans hated Empire in 1980
and the delicious
>the people who didn't like TLJ represent a toxic part of the fanbase that the franchise is better off without, anyway

kek luke sucked on some dinosaur tittys

Got a link by chance? I'm curious

Nah, JJ's movie at least got wide acceptance, they'll drop Rian once the DVD release has gone so there isn't more controversy, and his trilogy is dead.

I figured out who's really to blame. Moviegoers are simply too dumb to appreciate good movies.

>Ice cream eaters go gaga for vanilla! Sales prove it!

The absolute state of plebs.

I never said shit about it being good, I said it was acceptable to most movie goers and it made dosh. It sure as shit didn't cause a backlash like this and it sure as fuck didn't stunt the momentum of the trilogy as a whole. Disney doesn't care if it's vanilla or not, they care about the money.

But it didn't get BTFO -- you are the shill.

Le epic 7D

your mother will die this year in her sleep Disney shill

>No u
Come on Disney, at least hire some decent writers to shill your shit.

disney sucks so much
p.s. fuck you kathleen kennedy

really? where? are they authentic? got links?

Come on, David Duke, at least hire some decent writers to shill your vomit.

lol

>no u again
lel

If Disney could hire decent writers they wouldn't need shills for their shitty movies.

source since OP is a literal retard

>straight up say you threw out georges plan
>say there was no trilogy story planned out, each movie is written on its own
>rian writes tlj
>try to blame lucas when your shitty story bombs

+1 for respecting whamin

THIS ISN'T GEORGE LUCAS'S STAR WARS

THIS IS DISNEY WARS

STOP FUCKING SHILLING

>>straight up say you threw out georges plan

Do you remember which article or interview this was?

>I-It was Lucas’ idea, we dindu nothing!
Top fucking kek Disney, you raped Luke and are now trying to cover it up

this

No wonder why he said TLJ was amazing. It's literally his wet dream

this

What stage of damage control is this?

That's not some random interview, it's a widely known fact.

>the people who didn't like TLJ represent a toxic part of the fanbase that the franchise is better off without, anyway
looking at how Sup Forums acts over this, it seriously would.

>It was the RUSSIANS!
>It was the ALT-RIGHT!
>It was the RACISTS!
>It was WHITE MEN!
>It was MISOGYNISTS!
>It was ANGRY NERDS!
>It was TRUMP SUPPORTERS!
>It was PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE CHANGE!
>It was Sup Forums!
>It was Sup Forums!
>It was Sup Forums!
>It was REDDIT!
>It was WEEABOOS!
>It was PREQUEL DEFENDERS!
>It was DISNEY HATERS!
>It was REY HATERS!
>It was ROSE HATERS!
>It was HOLDO HATERS!
>"People hated Empire back then, too!"
>"Dividing the fanbase was intentional!"
>"It did something DIFFERENT!!!"
>"I love how it subverted expectations!"
>"It made me rethink my views on life!"
>"It emphasized muh diversity/inclusiveness/feminist quota!"
>"It was an 'intellectual' film!"
>"It made some people uncomfortable. GOOD!"
>"lulz it's just a movie turn your brain off!"
>"It Geoge's fault."

added a new line

God damn it, i hate it when the shills are so new at the job that they draw attention away from actually good threads.

you forgot a few

>It was the LIBERALS
>It was the KEKS
>It was the SOYBOYS
>It was the SJWS
>It was the NIGGERS
>It was the JEWS
>It was the FAGS
>It was the MUDSLIMES
>It was /R/ATHEISM
>It was FEMINISM
>It was DIVERSITY

Are you finished sweetie. The Last Jedi wasn't perfect but Lucas does take a lot of the fault if these reports are indeed accurate. Episode IX has a ton of potential.

Why would they kill their own movie?

>Are you finished sweetie
Star Wars is

The reports are fake news.

Lucas has stated multiple times that he wasn't allowed anywhere near the sequels and that they shat on anything he had already written.

Expect Lucas had nothing to do with anything, you idiot. All Lucas did was liked the concept design of the jedi temple and its surroundings, and even then they didn't use this design and he's not the one who made Disney do it since he has had zero involvement since he sold Star Wars.
>Episode IX has a ton of potential.
lmao, you think so? They literally only pitched the story this week and JJ is directing and writing. It's going to be fucking awful.

>it's Lucas's fault if the transparent as fuck Disney damage control is to be believed
Good thing everybody sees through that bullshit

It works both ways, soylent.

is this what Sup Forums has been reduced to? fighting a civil war between disney and george lucas.

SAD!

I--IM--TRIGGERED

Actually Luke hiding into exile is a cool idea, but it must be executed in a way that is coherent with the character and that's done for some strategic reason, like Yoda and Obi Wan. Also it needs a really strong main vilain to justify it, not some bland emperor rehash with no story because "lmao 'ts like the OT!"

/thread/

>It's like poetry... It rhymes.
>Hopefully it'll work.

This is hugely disingenuous and scummy. Lucas’s idea was that he’d been in exile training and studying for 30 years, and that he’d come out of seclusion at the end of what became TFA to kick some serious ass and take “Kira” on as a trainee. It’s all in the art book for Force Awakens.

I can’t believe Disney are now, after all the Nazi/Russian/racist/sexist/bot farm stuff didn’t stick, are trying to blame George Lucas for their own fuckup. I hope the entire company burns to the goddamn ground.

>it's not me, do it to Julia!

>Shifting the blame when the movie tanks
Not a good look.

>fuck no one is believing our russia conspiracy!!
>LET'S BLAME GEORGE LUCAS

No, having Luke being an old man on an island was his idea. Nothing Rian did was Lucas's idea

Luke went into exile several times in the old eu as well. Every time, it was about protecting the jedi and rebuilding the order, which were also ideas by Lucas.

Execution of the movie and ideas put into it were not Lucas. They were Rian Johnson. Lucas Story Group and Kathleen Kennedy.

They literally took the Universe away from him and are now trying to blame him?

This clickbait journalist is just going to make people more mad.

It's from the same guy who wrote an article saying the fans hated ESB too when it came out. The Disney bucks must be good, Mr Kevin Burwick

The shill is weak on this one
OP is a faggotburger

sure is samefag in here

Luke's part wasn't even the worst part of this movie. It's like Rian Johnson doesn't have a basic understanding that star takes place in a galaxy of 1000's of planters and trillions of people. The movie is a fucking mess. Furthermore, I guarantee you George had very different ideas for the movies. Mark Hamil was happy with George's ideas.

cnet.com/news/george-lucas-says-disney-ditched-his-ideas-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

Why does this remind me of that scene from The Simpsons where Hitler is in his bunker and screams "This is all your fault!" at Mr. Burns' teddy bear Bobo?

I didn't mind him being an exile, I did mind them forcing me to watch luke suck green milk from a walrus teet though. Then made sure to film a closeup on her face with a disgusted look.

Disney knew people loved the luke character, so they humiliated him.

"We" did.

Yeahhhhhhh Guyyyyyys

It was George Lucas' idea to make Luke Skywalker a fucking Chimo.

I hate disney. i hate disney so much.

>the alt-right/Russians are gaming the audience reception because
>>A. they're threatened by women and minorities
>>B. Rupert Murdoch wants to tank Disney's stock to gain more leverage in the Fox buyout
>fans are angry their ostentatious theories were wrong
>those so-called flaws are intentional subversion
>the unexplained is consciously so because it's all ultimately irrelevant for these characters and the choices they make
>fans can't handle an intelligent Hitchcock-esque film about letting the past die, defying fate, and turning the original/prequel trilogy's themes on their head
>it'll all be explained in upcoming novels/Episode IX/Battlefront II DLC
>people hated The Empire Strikes Back at first too
>it's better than the EU/Holiday Special/Ewoks cartoon
>people aren't seeing it because of the same holidays that The Force Awakens made gangbusters during
>people can't afford to see it because they're building a rainy day fund for the Trumpocalypse
>everything bad was George Lucas's idea anyway, remember him and how much we hate him, he RUINED Star Wars with the prequels and he's doing again with the sequel trilogy about letting the past die, they wanted the George Lucas past to die too, he's the villain in this story, META
> YOU ARE HERE