Should we be shitting ourselves in fear?

Should we be shitting ourselves in fear?
Or should we be relishing in the fact that Disney's nuWars is self-destructing deservingly so?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G629a_3MkkI
youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI
youtube.com/watch?v=xKaCxkf1Ccs
youtube.com/watch?v=rE6H1Ev0GQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I should put abunch of opinions in a white box and pass them off as fact. Heres what I'll write: Han Solo looks to have a stellar cast and a fantastic new lead actor, directed by one the greatest filmmakers of all time, the great Ron Howard. It simply cannot fail.

>It simply cannot fail.

>The lead actor, Alden Ehrenreich, can't act
He was good in that Cohen brothers movie. Did he need a dialogue coach then too?

Patiently waiting for DROPPED guy

Facebook literally has a function now that lets you do exactly that. You don't even need to make an image.

I loved that "Would that it were so simple" scene. I don't know where this meme that he can't act is coming from, probably just a bunch of morons that don't watch anything besides capeshit and blockbusters.

No, I suspect it's because the dialogue in these NuWars films is written to such a high pedigree that only a proficient Shakespearian stage actor wouldn't have trouble delivering their lines.

so if disney wasn't worried about TLJ should I worry if disney is worried about this one? Or to put it simply: what does it even means when Disney worries now? I'm honestly not sure.

All I know is Ron Howard is a decent studio director, and the actor lead is rumored to be utter crap. we'll know soon enough regardless

Here's what you should do: Find a source that Disney is worried about this one. You can't.

Further more, actually watch one of the movies Alden is in. You probably don't want to watch Beautiful Creatures so watch Hail Caesar.

Would that it were so simple

It's... complicated.

They should've had David Ayer make the Han Solo movie. Maybe then Nu Wars would get an Oscar.

Based David Ayer. BTFOing critics left and right.

Alden Ehrenreich is a bad actor-

youtube.com/watch?v=G629a_3MkkI

golem get ye gone!

>Inbfr it's a ploy to get people to support the movie, and it'll be a success thanks to that

They thought TLJ was bulletproof due to them bullying people into liking it/keeping their dislike silent for fear of being branded Nazis.

They were so sure that they could silence any criticism or backlash against TJ that they were caught unprepared for the backash and the scale of it.

Now they have the Han Solo film (the first DIsney SW film that they know will be a huge steaming pile of shit) coming up and it's failure is going to magnify the failure of TLJ and expand upon the backlash big time. Especially since they can't use the "You are a Nazi" trick to defend Han Solo.

If a man is very good at playing a bad actor, is he a bad actor or a good one?

BASED BIG LENNY

shhh you're gonna give legbeards an anxiety attack

youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI

> tfw Steroids will make your INTESTINES grow as well
His guts are literally bulging out

I think it all comes from the fact he needed an acting coach called in. This is apparently a fairly common thing, but memes and reality are only partially related.

not steroids, growth hormones

>This is apparently a fairly common thing
source: your ass

"he's a bad actor"
source: your ass

I mean, he was playing a character who couldn't act. Maybe he just wasn't acting.

He had a number of scenes where he was pretty charming, like the dinner scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=xKaCxkf1Ccs

I don't understand why the execs got cold feet over Han Solo being "Marvel funny". Audiences would love it. If that's what the movie was like and you scoffed at it they'd say "ugh, it's a kids movie!" "this was early in his career when he was a younger hothead, loser! SHUT THE FUCK UP!" etc

He was playing a bad actor in that movie, go figure why he was so good in that.

>This is apparently a fairly common thing,
Interesting. Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Also this isn't acting but he learned to swing a rope around specifically for this movie which I think is pretty cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=rE6H1Ev0GQU

>he learned to swing a rope around
A lasso

Yeah, that. I'm not from the south.

Let it die.

Then why is it only becoming news in this specific instance? You'd think they'd have used it for previous movie projects that are predicted to fail.

>screengeek.net
>"news"

would that it were so simple

As much and I'd like to believe, I'm gonna need a source

Is Kathleen Kennedy the Hamburger Hepler of Star Wars movies?

>Should we
>we

WERE

All nu-wars are utter trash because of Kathleen Kennedy. Instead of hiring competent writers to make solid scripts. She's like, let's make a Solo movie or Boba Fett or whatever, this character is popular. Next step she picks a guy who made a blockbuster recently and gives him both direction and story. It's all about making something that visually looks like SW. If there are ships, robots, the Falcon, cocky pilots and shit, that's good enough for her.

The Lord/Miller choice was dumb but you have to keep in mind that she replaced them with Ron Howard, the first director in all of these Star Wars movies who is actually a REAL director.

I don’t know why they don’t just start taking shit from the extended universe at this point, a fractured galaxy versus the Vons is way more interesting than this shit
Also they fucking wasted Luke

They ARE taking shit from the EU. Just, not the interesting shit.

LordMiller haven't even directed a movie before. It's silly.

who fucking cares
if you're older than 14 you shouldn't be giving a shit about "star wars" anymore
time to put away the shitty plastic toys and grow up, faggot

It's funny that nobody ever responds to these posts and yet people still think they have any effect. Gonna give you a little pity reply as a Christmas present. Enjoy it.

Wow, someone sure touched a nerve.

Yeah, I touched 's. Thanks for noticing.

>ayers remakes Bright but it's about Han Solo and chewie
>now critics mysteriously love it because big it's Disney

you sound extraordinarily triggered

It doesn't seem possible to be on this much gear yet do so little exercise you don't grow muscles. My right arm is almost as big as his from just masturbating compulsively.

It's all pretty confusing. His scenes in this weren't super easy: he was doing comedy + an accent, which most shit actors can't pull off.

Maybe he's not leading man material, but it seems like they're going to try and pin a shit movie on one guy.

>y-y-you s-s-s-s-s-sound triggered!

>Or should we be relishing in the fact that Disney's nuWars is self-destructing deservingly so?
We have to stand and watch it burn.
You may softly cry if you want to, but don't let anyone see you.

Way to confirm it

>W-way to confirm it!

so rattled you actually have to reply with stuttering greentext to work off the impotent rage

wow i broke you with a Sup Forums post, amazing

>W-wow!

This is just really, really sad. How pissed off are you right now, star wars manchildlet?

Thanks for all the (You)s.

yeah you're completely broken, haha wow jesus
did you actually scream out loud and slam your fist on your keyboard because someone btfo you on the internet? its ok you can tell me

Why has making this Han film been such a disaster? The premise for the film is so simple

>Young Han
>Is a smuggler
>Meets Jabba
>Does a job for Jabba that involves stealing the millenium falcon from whoever owns it
>Decides to keep the ship because he likes it
>Meets Chewie and Lando along the way

Bright is already The People's Star Wars.

I dunno, he's actually had like three different Hollywood films where he's specifically the lead from the looks of it. I haven't seen any of them though so I don't know how he is in them.

Honestly, though, I have a feeling people who are expecting him to be a bad actor are going to be pleasantly surprised by his performance so Disney/critics won't be able to use him as a scapegoat. But that's just speculation. Trailer's dropping soon so we should be able to get a feel for it pretty soon.

>random movie about cops and shit
>in any way comparable to Star Wars

>H-haha wow J-word