Detective Comics #956 Preview

League of Shadows finale

Albuquerque variant

>watermarking regular covers from premier publishers
The perpetrators (ComicBook, AiPT, Comicosity) must keep in mind that those covers can be found without watermarks at comiXology.

So I guess this was the thing that user who talked to Tynion at C2E2 was talking about.

What was that user talking about

Did Batman and Shiva fuck to produce Cass

That the final issue will reveal Shiva's reasons for why she does what she does.

Is Tynion creatively braindead or does editorial force him to write stories like this? Has he ever written anything particularly good?

Did something happen to the main artist on this book? The art change was pretty jarring, especially when it was in the middle of an arc.

It's double shipping so there's more than one artist on the book, more like 3-4 this far in

Hm... I barely noticed.

Batman/TMNT?

I pick this book up and I don't really know why. I think it's because I know it'll be an okay read and just that. Nothing more. He has his moments but he doesn't really seem to have a grand vision for the character like other bigger writers do. Maybe he's not allowed to.

I mean let's be honest you'd have to be unbelievably shit to fuck up a Batman meets the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story. Tynion's believably shit.

It's a fun book I guess, though I think that had a lot more to do with the crossover element than the actual quality of the story.

I think he's just one of those guys who doesn't ruffle any feathers and just leaves the book the way he found it. He's a guy you can comfortably put on a book like this and expect it to sell okay and people won't care that it's boring.

That's my impression of him at least. Detective Comics has its moments but I can't say I'd recommend it to anyone.

This. He's a "safe" guy. He obviously cares a lot about the 90s to early 00s Bat family in Tim, Stephanie, Cassandra, and Jean Paul. Basically, he's like Chuck Dixon on Robin or Batman. Just safe stories that have good character moments. That's it.

This isn't Dixon going outside his zone of comfort zone like Bane, Birds of Prey, or Nightwing adding more. These are stories that are safe. Meat and potatoes to the very core.

Isn't Tynion writing that new DC event with Snyder?

Yes, and one of the spinoff comics too.

Is Cass going to stop calling herself Orphan and get a better name?

Yeah I think he's on a different title now.

I'd say he's a C+/B- writer, which is more or less average. He's not the best horse in the stable.

Shadow seemed to be heavily foreshadowed at

>Clayface, the strongest member of our team, carry this useless person to get medical attention.
Jesus Christ

She'll drop the name when Bruce adopts her.

He has to get based Basil out of the story somehow so he doesn't one shot Shiva like he did Hugo Strange. Or easily prevent what the Colony are about to do.

>most anons here complain about every Batman writer trying to make the next epic/trying to make the next TDKR, Killing Joke, Hush, etc.
>complaining about meat and potatoes guys

Why?

Cause they're a fickle bunch. I enjoyed the intro, Night of the Monster Men, and this arc. The only thing I enjoyed of Victim's Syndicate was Stephanie going, "WILD CARD BITCHES!" Other than that it was meh.

Clayface is the best part of this book, but he is just too strong for the sorts of problems they have been facing.

True that. Basil is the best part of the comic other than Cassandra. I'm curious what this moment Tynion talked about happens in the next arc that he's giddy for.

Their growing friendship is gonna be heartbreaking when Basil turns because of his condition.