And a wonderful goal from the Slytherin team ! The score are now 130-10 for Slytherin...

>And a wonderful goal from the Slytherin team ! The score are now 130-10 for Slytherin, they really stepped up their game since the last season, Gryffindor are just no match for this wonderful team, their teamworks and strategy are really on point !
>Ah ! Wait a second, some Gryffindor just catched a flying ball with his expensive af brooms, GRYFFINDOR WON THE MATCH !

What kind of shit sport is this ?

Catching the snitch gives you 170 points or something, it doesn't just win you the game.

Women, etc.

This, there are a ton of examples of Harry catching the Snitch but still losing the game.

Side note, they're releasing some Quidditch themed Funko Pops soon. Should be good.

t. Numale

They should of given out a second trophy at the end of year to the guy who catches the most snitches to encourage dickish behavior.

Quidditch is a sport designed for the protagonist to play in a childrens book. The seeker is just too important.

Is this bait?

Why would Harry catch the snitch if it meant his team would lose?

No there is not,that only happens once and it was with that slav who wanted to fck hermione

>spending your Christmas morning critiquing a fictional sport made up by a shitty YA author 20 years ago

>spending your Christmas replying top threads critiquing a fictional sport made up by a shitty YA author 20 years ago
Also I'm not a christian, ishallah

It’s a shit sport from the dullest franchise of all time what do you expect?

The snitch should be worth no points, but still be the only way to end the game

>And a wonderful showing from all the houses in this years competition for the house cup! Slytherin are over 100 points in the lead though, so it seems like they're about to win for the 7th year in a row!
>Ah! Wait a second, here are some last minute points for Gryffindor, and some Gryffindor stood up to his friends, GRYFFINDOR WINS THE CUP!

There was that one time when he needed to wait for them to be winning before catching it

>wanted to

Just a fantasy for losers who have never accomplished anything

>im a piece of shit but if a dead relative leaves me a ton of money and plot armor all my dreams will come true!

Why have the snitch at all?

HOWEVER

Great, then you can be the idiot who ended the game when your team was a point behind.
Quidditch is an unfix-able game, thankfully it isn't actually meant to be played.

To end the game. They were so buried that the Snitch points wouldn't net them a win. They were losing by hundreds of points and they didn't want to have the game last all day.

Here's a real mans sport. Drifting.
If it's good enough for the Fuhrer it's good enough for me.

It's an allegory for privilege. Slytherin was the more "skilled" team, sure, but think about how they got that position by growing up in a privileged environment that gave them access to the necessary education and training. Harry grew up as a muggle so he never had those kinds of opportunities - but see if you level the playing field a little by giving him free access to a higher quality broom stick, he shows just how much potential he really has, just like the underrepresented, disenfranchise refugee

also all the points you score go to your house cup at the end of the year

women can't write sports

No dude, there really is a Quidditch Funko Pop coming next year.

Originally they did not chase a Snitch at all. The goal was to kill a bird called the Golden Snidget.

I GUARANTEE you there's going to be a Quidditch film called "Quidditch Through the Ages" once they're done with the Fantastic Beasts saga. It will be like a sports film like Remember the Titans, but with Quidditch.

I don't think this semen slurping sport is for me guys

>catched

how would you fix the game?

LGTSS
>the shanty town of slytherin

Why didn't she make the snitch worth 50 points and not have it release until 2 hours into the game? at least then it's not enough points to turn a total wipeout of a game around on a lucky catch and the game can't be ended in 10 seconds because the snitch flew right into some autists glove.

My favorite part of this is that nobody else but them actually knows what the fuck Dumbledore is referring to. Because they didn't tag along on that little adventure.

You could say Dumbledore's death was karma catching up to him.

>catched

why didn't they use magic to colonise mars in harry potter?

The whole point system is fucking retarded and filled with massively stupid conflicts of interest.

Team A is in the lead, but Headmaster B-alumn decides to give Team B just enough points to win the cup! What skill!

150 points and ends the match. if the opposing team leads by more they win

Welcome to Hogwarts, the school where the points are made up and the house cup doesn't matter.

Who was the biggest Mary Sue?

>Yes, yes. Well done, Slytherin. Well done, Slytherin. HOWEVER...!

Herms for sure. The fact that Ginny ends up with Harry is the only real Mary Sue quality she has, and didn't Rowling come out and admit that she should have had Harry and Hermione end up together?

Books: Ginny
Movies: Hermione

A dull one.

Not this year you cockslurping fag

nobody cares what that old bat says to stay relevant

>game where children fly at a hundred miles per hour with zero safety equipment

Lmao

>in a world where time turners exist to prevent fatal accidents and minor bone breaks and injuries are easily and quickly healed with magic.

kys

Hogwarts is a school of magick, not a Mexican cartel

Plot twist, original game was about who caught the snitch first, but that was too boring and they needed a team sport so they made up a bunch of other rules, tho still keeping the main goal alive.

She's also a grade A student, a knockout beauty once she grow up, gets to be a strong independent woman who's always right, a great quidditch player, and gets married to the main character of the series.

She Mary Sue as fuck.

I fucking despise these things

Wouldnt sitting on a broom like that hurt your dong and sack, especially if its moving around at high speeds.

This is what happens when a woman creates a sport

This, Atleast Hermione's status was established from the very first book; Ginny on the other hand barely exists after book two but as soon book six comes around we find out of nowhere, that she's become the ultimate strong independent women who's good at everything and is also the most desirable girl on campus. Also she cucked Harry with numerous boyfriends including a black guy, what a fucking roastie.

They are magically cushioned

Yeah Ginnys relevance came out of nowhere. Always felt weird to me.

Time turners are incredibly valuable, rare, impossible to duplicate and easy to misuse. The Ministry doesn't hand them out to geeks on brooms.

"Malfoy bought the whole team brand-new Nimbus Cleansweeps!" Ron said, like a poor person. "That's not fair!"

"Everything that is possible is fair," Harry reminded him gently. "If he is able to purchase better equipment, that is his right as an individual. How is Draco's superior purchasing ability qualitatively different from my superior Snitch-catching ability?"

"I guess it isn't," Ron said crossly.

Harry laughed, cool and remote, like if a mountain were to laugh. "Someday you'll understand, Ron."

>The score are now 130-10
>their teamworks
>Gryffindor just catched

Third worlders get out

But to nerds who took to many courses in school. Makes sense.

why even do physical activity foreal

I think this is the furthest we've made it without Dullposting

It's implied Dumbledore pulled some strings in the Ministry to get access to even a few. They're only handed out to responsible students with very strict operating parameters. Hermione outright states that her misuse of hers could get her expelled.
Chad Thundercock sure as shit won't be trusted with one just to fix a broken leg when he falls off his broom, and that's not how they work anyway.

A shit sport and one of the shittiest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>2 hours
Imposter!

someone had to do it

How to fix Quidditch:

>keep Chasers, Keepers and Beaters
>keep the quaffle and bludgers
You then have a normal game of broomstick football/basketball
(just with the additional difficulty of bludgers)
>game lasts 90 minutes or whatever
>and then IF THERE IS A TIE, YOU GO SUDDEN DEATH
>the golden snitch is released (like the old "golden goal" rule in soccer)
>the top chasers of each team race to catch it
>the chaser who catches wins for his team
>this keeps the golden snitch as a more rare occurrence

And suddenly this game works perfectly.