It was alright

It was alright.

Yep, seeing it again tonight with friends.

Yeah just alright like the first one. Too much filler though.

Nah, the first one was legitimately great.

inb4 regurgitated Sup Forums comments that aren't actual criticism like dance off

>play 80's songs all the time when driving the kids around
>music is called "lame"
>now they fucking love it

God I hate the next generation.

I liked it, nice to have a sequel that doesnt go out of its way to setup 5 other movies. Forced jokes aside, it still doesnt feel full on cosmic Marvel yet

Not your kids fault that their dad is a lame faggot.

>"marvel doesn't respect and appreciate its characters"
>hire Stallone, Ving Rhames, and Michelle Yeoh to cameo the OG guardians and show the Watchers in completely unaltered appearances

I liked it. But it was a bit too comedy heavy and Drax and Groot were reduced to comic reliefs. Also the shifts in tone were sometimes jarring (one second we habe horrible deaths is vacuum of space, 30 seconds later we get a series of Taser Face jokes).

Overall it was a good movie, but compared to the first one it felt like a two/three part comic book story put against a 6 issue mini. It even ends quite abruptly on a scene befitting the last panel of a comic. Overall there was a lot of action, jokes, characterization and plenty style, but little substance in the plot itself.

Still, Rocket and Yondu got the best action scenes and a lot of development (even the absolutely over the top Peter/Ego fight wasn't as cool) and it makes me happy.

Better than the first one imho, actually got emotionally invested near the end there. The characters and relationships were really well handled.

The former is still true for previous films. It seems Gunn has a passion for the older stuff and doesn't mind going balls to the wall.

It seemed like they were trying a little too hard with the lowbrow/meme humor at times. The "AHH MY NIPPLES" quip felt like something I'd see in a Collegehumor video circa 2007

>no major victory
:(

So is it true that Ego and The Watchers were originally tied to the Fantastic Four rights?

like the inhumans, galactus, skrulls, etc

>one second we habe horrible deaths is vacuum of space, 30 seconds later we get a series of Taser Face jokes).
You might have had a point if it was Yondu making those jokes, but the only ones really involved in that scene were Rocket and Taserface, neither of whom gave a single shit about the guys who were just killed.

So did Marvel secretly get F4 back or is that all still rumor bullshit?

Marvel let Fox change Negasonic Teenage Warhead's powers for Deadpool and Marvel got to use Ego

The Watchers are shared between Marvel and Fox. Uatu the Watcher is Fox only.

Yes.. mostly.
Marvel got Ego for a trade in changing Negasonic's powers. Beyond that we don't know.
But, it makes sense for the Watchers to be heavily tied with the Fantastic Four so Fox may or may not own the rights to FF anymore.

I hope they get a spin-off movie

It was ok, i though it picked up in the second act but the first movie was stronger overall.

I was surprised how melancholy the ending was. Didnt expect the last shot to be Rocket crying

WADDYA MEAN "IT WAS ALRIGHT?"

Same company... same... movies

It was a good movie, but the first movie is always better. Ego was kind of an underwhelming villain, despite being a fucking planet. I had hoped for something like the planet talking and fighting them in space or something more extravagant than just fighting most of the time in his human form.

Haven't seen this but having known Ego
What did you expect? Him to turn into a human sized and fight hand to hand like Unicron?

I thought he would shoot shit into space like meteors or his big energy tentacles or something. Maybe create some volcanos to shoot shit into the atmosphere.

I agree
Some really good scenes and shots but that banter between them wasnt that good and that was way to many crude jokes imo

Only truly bad jokes were "lol turds"and "penis xD".

SAME MOVIES?

I didn't like the penis joke but I will admit I chuckled at the Drax's line with the turd joke

On the contrary I'd argue. While Drax was the centre of many of the movie's jokes, at the same time he felt like an actual character in this movie. Unlike the first one where was truly the comic relief. In spite of being the centre of fewer jokes.

Everyone suspects something was worked out for the x-men TV deal. Most likely got a bunch of small shit fox was never going to touch anyway.

oh its out in burgerland now. did it had an extra scene or something?

there are 3 mid and post credit scenes.

5 if you count Kraglin practicing with the arrow

>Whole thing felt like it was trying too hard to be funny
>Pacing felt off. Maybe because there were almost no transitions between scenes and they just flowed into each other
>A lot of sub par CGI. There were some alien birds at some point that looked like the CGI you see in a TV ad. Guess they blew all their budget on Rocket
>Not enough action scenes featuring all the Guardians and when there were action scenes they focused on other shit for comedy sake, like finding Rocket some tape
>Yondo should have lived and become part of the Guardians
>Nebula should have stayed and become part of the Guardians
>Sylvester Stallone shouldn't have been in the movie
>Baby Groot was cute but his design reminded me of one of those pop figures
>Surprised they had a sex bot planet given how feminist Marvel is
>Holy hell those Sovereign women were hot
>The movie needed a Thanos scene
>Like a million post credit scenes and none of them were interesting in the slightest
>It looked like Geff Goldblum was dancing in the credits even though he wasn't in the movie. Cut scenes?
I did like it though

>>The movie needed a Thanos scene
no it didn't

Agreed. For the most part the first one did a great job of balancing emotional and awe-inspiring moments with their humor. This one has its moments, but overall felt a lot more clumsy with its humor, especially in the first half.

Yes it did. Constantly hearing about a character and not seeing him was shit.
Also as much as Gunn hates it Guardians is part of the MCU. It should be setting up the cosmic stuff. There's absolutely no hype for Thanos at the moment and Infinity War is out soon.

Also I forgot another thing
>Starlord's "muh mom" lost almost all its impact after both Civil War and BvS

>>Yondo should have lived and become part of the Guardians
>>Nebula should have stayed and become part of the Guardians
yeah, fuck their characters, just keep them around for no reason as much as possible.
>It looked like Geff Goldblum was dancing in the credits even though he wasn't in the movie. Cut scenes?

>he didn't pay attention to the Thor trailer.

I agree with everything except
>>Sylvester Stallone shouldn't have been in the movie
His character just needed some kind of elaboration because I had no idea what the fuck that was about.

Would have been cool if it switched between shots of him fighting the ground team in human form and fighting a fleet of ships out in space as a planet.

>Infinity Wars needs hype built for it

>Also as much as Gunn hates it Guardians is part of the MCU. It should be setting up the cosmic stuff. There's absolutely no hype for Thanos at the moment and Infinity War is out soon.

Except the plot had nothing to do with Infinity Stones. To fuck does he care about Ego or the Ravagers?

At best you could stick him in a Nebula flashback.

I want to have marvel as Peter and DC as Homer now

we didn't constantly hear about him. The movie wasn't about Thanos or the Infinity Stones, so he didn't need to be there. Nebula and Gamora's subplot involved things he did in the past, not what he was doing at the moment. Replace any instance of Thanos with our father and the plot stays the same.

>tfw sat through the whole credits hoping against hope for a reference to Nova

same 5 then, i was hoping they would ad something more for the americans like they did for the first Avengers movie

The problem is Bautista can't act, and the more lines you give him--regardless of their content--the more that becomes apparent. He worked in Guardians 1 precisely because he had fewer lines.

Also, I wouldn't mind having some character at some point be afraid of Drax or at least acknowledge that he's supposed to be a big scary guy. He hardly felt very "destroyer"ish in either of the films, but Vol. 2 is the bigger offender there. Every moment he had to shine was comedic. Starlord got his no-laughs standoff, Gamora got hers, why is Drax of all people the one that doesn't get a straight action scene?

I think Bautista pulled off the more emotional moments with Mantis surprisingly well

I do agree about him not getting an action scene, though