It's clear DC doesn't know how to write Barry and since they demand he be the Flash from now on despite what fans think...

It's clear DC doesn't know how to write Barry and since they demand he be the Flash from now on despite what fans think how should he be written Sup Forums?

He should be written like an earnest dude, with a bit more levity to him than Clark. In all honesty, though, Bart should be the Flash by now.

Explain how it is they don't know how to write Barry.

And don't tell me he's "boring" or "generic" or "has no personality". Because someone being generally serious and not a quipster doesn't make him boring.

Return him, to his Silver age roots fuck the dead mom retcon.

They don't give him a consistent personality. They changed him to be more like Wally when he came back but that clashes with how he was represented before. Pre-flashpoint Barry and new52 Barry are pretty much different characters.
He doesn't have much to him, nothing that I can really describe as a prominent personality part of him compared to other characters.

He has been boring since he came back.

this has a great barry

Uncle Barry was best and is why he seemed so fucking amazing to Wally.
Want proof? Look at Barry during the Titans/Justice League cross over. It was the first time Barry was based.

I'd say it's more that Wally became more like Barry.

Barry has the rigorous morality of Batman with the amicable nature of Superman. People call Batman and Superman boyscouts, but I think Barry fits that description much better. His optimism is both his greatest strength and his weakness. Like Peter Parker his personal life suffers due to his dedication to moral responsibility. When he wavers on his values, people get hurt. When he doesn't, he sometimes gets hurt instead.

Wally started out the opposite of this when he became the Flash. A part of his character has always been the LACK of a social life. He's the Flash 24/7 whether in or out of costume because he has no secret identity.

But by the time Barry came back, Wally had matured and had his identity made a secret again. So he was going through the same challenges of a double life that Barry had been at the end of his time as the Flash. Wally's moral fortitude had also been strengthened.

So ironically, I think that Barry didn't take Wally's place, I think Wally had taken Barry's place. And that's why when he came back, people felt like Barry was just reskinned Wally; because by that time Wally had developed into Barry's characterization.

Compare post Rebirth Barry to Wally right after he became the Flash and there's no similarity.

This.

Thank you so fucking much. This is as someone who quite likes both of them, too.

But by doing that you only prove how much Barry has been reworked.

>it's a "Wallyfag tries to throw shade on Barry" episode
I'm tired of these reruns.

Nice bait fag

>Bait
Barry and The Flash has been trash since new 52. Stating a well known fact isn't bait kid.

Bring back the Flash Facts and really showcase him being a scientist. Williamson has it right that in order to differentiate Barry from Wally, you should show Barry as a teacher but that should be pushed further. Writers could have Barry volunteering to give tutoring lessons to kids about science and be the modern Beakman's World. There also needs to be a focus on showing the Flash connects with the citizens of Central City like knowing the names of random citizens and asking about their families or jobs or like in Rebirth, giving food to the people he just rescued from a robbery or a fire.

>Uses his speed to quickly change clothes
>But will buy a plane ticket because it's wrong to use his powers when not in costume
What?

? His Rebirth series so far has been great

Barry is precious

Barry has no personality

I started reading the DC rebirth Flash stuff and I'm really liking it.
Barry is such a likeable guy.
How is he been written wrong?

>Wally started out the opposite of this when he became the Flash. A part of his character has always been the LACK of a social life. He's the Flash 24/7 whether in or out of costume because he has no secret identity.
Lack of social life has never been an issue for Wally, he had a bunch of friend and family with whom he hanged around regularly even before the whole spectre deal.

Your shit opinion isn't a fact kid

>Wally started out the opposite of this when he became the Flash. A part of his character has always been the LACK of a social life. He's the Flash 24/7 whether in or out of costume because he has no secret identity.

Wally has had more friends and family around than Barry ever has. The Flash family was created around Wally.

What? Waly is probably one of the most social heroes, up there with his bestie Nightwing. He just doesn't give a fuck about secret identity thing.

He needs to get a proper Year One by someone who cares about Barry instead of ripping off from Wally's personality.

Busiek, Robinson or Jeff Parker should write it
they respect old characters more than like anyone

Like Wally being written like a youngster living upto the legacy of Flash, Barry should've been characterized like a guy who just got a second leash at life. Make him more religious too, for it.

The phrase is "lease on life"

I kind of scoffed at making him more religious but I realize religion is actually 100% right in the DC universe so whatevs.

>I am going to defend new 52 Flash but call other people shit taste

Rebirth flash is mediocre as shit. The flash is a series most focused on action but it's WORDS WORDS WORDS. Compare The Button part 1 to The Button part 2.