This movie did not age well like at all

This movie did not age well like at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

t. hanks

That movie looked like creepy shit from the get go.

It looked horrifying to begin with and became a case study for the uncanny valley.

Because it really does have fantastic animation that due to looking just so realistic, ends up looking fucking creepy.

the problem is inconsistent levels of detail

you can see cunt hairs but not pores or lip wrinkles

There's not any reason for that much detail. The more detail you try to add the more the characters can end up looking like walking corpses.

what nintendo64 game is this from?

that is way too good for n64. looks more like a ps2 game

Can't niggers not survive in cold climates?

HEYDOYOUKNOWWHATKINDOFTRAINTHISIS

It looked bad the day it was released.

if that were true Chicago and Detroit would be safe places to go

Some of the human characters look off but most of the animation is 10/10. I would wager every shot of the train is incredible.

they look like oblivion characters

the hair looks good though

>a case study for the uncanny valley.
There's nothing uncanny valley about it, for fuck's sake. There never was, because it never looked as realistic as everyone(marketers) kept saying it did. If you actually watched it and had your brain spaz out because it couldn't tell it wasn't real people then you're goddamn retarded.

Nine times out of ten that phrase is used completely wrong on this site.

What made them think they could get away with this?

To be fair, it looked like shit when it came out as well.

This is my favorite Christmas movie. Saw it in IMAX, it's perfect.

This

The money of you drones

It's not used incorrectly here, you spastic moron.

I liked it.

Back then it was uncanny valley. It just looks shit now

Yes it is, because the humans in the movie don't even begin to approach resembling actual human beings. They're just freaky animated creations that look creepy, it's got nothing to do with them looking too realistic for their own good.

You are a fucking idiot, man. You do not know what you are talking about. At all. Read some definitions of things before you start shitposting about it.

>e concept of the uncanny valley suggests that humanoid objects which appear almost, but not exactly, like real human beings elicit uncanny, or strangely familiar, feelings of eeriness and revulsion in observers.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley
If something doesn't look realistic to begin with it is not Uncanny Valley.

>that kid

Oh fuck I forgot

Get your eyes checked then.

>>e concept of the uncanny valley suggests that humanoid objects which appear almost, but not exactly, like real human beings elicit uncanny, or strangely familiar, feelings of eeriness and revulsion in observers.
Wow, you just disproved your own retarded argument.
Congratulations on being a total fucking idiot.

I pray to god you're just pretending to be retarded for (you)s and don't actually believe those things looked like human beings.

From that very page

>Several reviewers of the 2004 animated film The Polar Express called its animation eerie. CNN.com reviewer Paul Clinton wrote, "Those human characters in the film come across as downright... well, creepy. So The Polar Express is at best disconcerting, and at worst, a wee bit horrifying".[75] The term "eerie" was used by reviewers Kurt Loder[76] and Manohla Dargis,[77] among others. Newsday reviewer John Anderson called the film's characters "creepy" and "dead-eyed", and wrote that "The Polar Express is a zombie train".[78] Animation director Ward Jenkins wrote an online analysis describing how changes to the Polar Express characters' appearance, especially to their eyes and eyebrows, could have avoided what he considered a feeling of deadness in their faces.[79]

Boom, shut the fuck up idiot.

oh no no
look at the top of (their) head

Yeah, you're right.
They totally look like zorgs or elephants. Nothing human about them at all. I'm just imagining things in my head.

That passage should not appear on that page at all because it has nothing to do with the Uncanny Valley.

It got 55 % on RT so it wasn't liked to begin with

Why do you care? You didn't even read the page in the first place, clearly.

This was the point where we lost Zemekis. I miss the guy who made Back to the Future and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Really wish he was doing Ready Player One!!!FACT!!!

I love Tom Hanks so when I watched this film recently I loved it too. Fuck you.

>Follow you anywhere, ma'am
;___;
(That was especially heartwarming due to how unlikely it is for there to be a woman worth following.)

No, I didn't read the entire wiki page to see if some dumbass like you had added a section that didn't need to be there. Doesn't make you any less wrong.

Flight was kino though